Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 AM

10 posts, read 5,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Yep! I wear makeup, dye my hair, partied at my grandson's 9th birthday party Friday night, wear slacks/jeans only even though I am a woman , cut my hair, and give to the poor. I don't tithe. Now, what?

vanity is his favorite sin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Yep! I wear makeup, dye my hair, partied at my grandson's 9th birthday party Friday night, wear slacks/jeans only even though I am a woman , cut my hair, and give to the poor. I don't tithe. Now, what?

oh my....... So do I.....

Old 09-19-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finebone View Post
vanity is his favorite sin

You know it really is not that you wear makeup or dress in pants or cut your hair. Its how you act....

Do you give to charity?
Do you act in just and righteous ways?
Do you treat others with dignity?
Do you judge yourself instead of judging others?

I love this saying:

Do not treat others in a way you would not like to be treated.

Do not judge lest you be judged.

I believe Christianity also has these sayings.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You know it really is not that you wear makeup or dress in pants or cut your hair. Its how you act....

Do you give to charity?
Do you act in just and righteous ways?
Do you treat others with dignity?
Do you judge yourself instead of judging others?

I love this saying:

Do not treat others in a way you would not like to be treated.

Do not judge lest you be judged.

I believe Christianity also has these sayings.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Yup...you're describing me...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 AM

anyway my question was not intended to tick anyone off or offend. but to me as an outsider of the christian religion.. i found it to be a bit of hypocracy to sit in "comfort" and "luxury" practicing useless things of the world( like wearing make up/ spending tons of money on new fashions, jewlery etc.... while their are people starving and suffering in the world... this is jsut my honest opinion.. who was offended .. my bad.
I am not the judge.. this was just my observation

Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
anyway my question was not intended to tick anyone off or offend. but to me as an outsider of the christian religion.. i found it to be a bit of hypocracy to sit in "comfort" and "luxury" practicing useless things of the world( like wearing make up/ spending tons of money on new fashions, jewlery etc.... while their are people starving and suffering in the world... this is jsut my honest opinion.. who was offended .. my bad.
I am not the judge.. this was just my observation

I think you can take care of yourself and help take care of others. It is never a one or the other situation.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I think you can take care of yourself and help take care of others. It is never a one or the other situation.

i get what u are sying..

however , as there are million of christians in the world( or more..i dont know) and still people are starving to death.. is our comfort/luxuries more important than someone life.. again just my observation.. i am not judging you.. i am simply dicussing my observation.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Christiany ( and other religions as well) is segmented into thousands of 'designer religions"
called denominations.
That allows for picking and choosing what parts and dictates one wants to adhere to.
Virtually anything goes.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
i get what u are sying..

however , as there are million of christians in the world( or more..i dont know) and still people are starving to death.. is our comfort/luxuries more important than someone life.. again just my observation.. i am not judging you.. i am simply dicussing my observation.

There are many many Christians, Jews and folks from other religions and also those who are not religious who reach out to end the starvation in the world. Unfortunately not everyone does. If everyone helped make this world a better place just imagine what a wonderful world this would be. All we can do is to continue to work towards making the world a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity