Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 06:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Now I get it. God had the power to give an error free revelation, but no power to maintain it. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.
On the contrary...

Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have known for a long time that "the scripture" handed down to us had been altered by "prideful entities" whose goal was to put blinders on God's people with just an iota of a twist. Yet, to me, there is a way to bind the truth of the Gospels...2-3 or more passages together from different books; separated by thousands of years...mainly Pentateuch, Psalms/Proverbs and finally the prophets led by the book of Isaiah (the 66 chapters ATLAS and the only scroll "intact" out of the dead sea scrolls discovery in 1947) of God's Divine Plan.

Prayers for guidance of the Holy Spirit will enable one to see the hidden design behind the repeated patterns of an Autostereogram...so to speak...

Focus on the teachings of "Christ"...and you won't get lost!

~Love God and your Neighbors as Yourself!

Peace!
RESPONSE:

So are you saying that each person gets to decide what is truly the word of God in scripture and what is not?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 AM

63,835 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:

Now I get it. God had the power to give an error free revelation, but no power to maintain it. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.
There is NOT a single error-free thing that God has given man or that was ever in the hands of man, period (beginning in the perfect EDEN.) Men corrupt EVERYTHING . . . uninhibited by God in any way. WE have been given DOMINION here by God's WILL . . . why is that so hard to understand.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 AM

Default This I believe...

Quote:
RESPONSE:

So are you saying that each person gets to decide what is truly the word of God in scripture and what is not?
Isaiah 28:9-12 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept; line upon line; here a little, there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 29:11-14 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed.....

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

~How to Inherit Eternal Life

27 Thou Shalt Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt lived.

Peace!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
The original inspired words were given to the prophets while they were writing. God uses their vocabulary, language, and skills to arrange words according to this knowledge, which is the truth. Then he gave the prophet the words in the right order. Once they were written, no one could touch them unless God commanded a prophet to do so.

These words shouldn't have been changed by anyone but as soon as Moses, Aaron and his two sons were dead, unauthorized sinners began copying, translating and purposely changing the words to make them useless for the truth. But the scriptures were only meant to be vocabulary words for the next prophets so it didn't matter much. The prophesies stayed in fairly good shape because of the heavy symbolic writing to contain most of it.

It was never in God's plans to have the scriptures contain the truth for the prophets to listen to. Jesus was the first to preach the gospel and the gospel is the voice of God. This is who the saints listened to so God could deliver them from all their sins. The saints didn't need any scriptures to preach the gospel.
So you are saying that you are the Gospel?...

Old 09-26-2010, 03:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
I have known for a long time that "the scripture" handed down to us had been altered by "prideful entities" whose goal was to put blinders on God's people with just an iota of a twist. Yet, to me, there is a way to bind the truth of the Gospels...2-3 or more passages together from different books; separated by thousands of years...mainly Pentateuch, Psalms/Proverbs and finally the prophets led by the book of Isaiah (the 66 chapters ATLAS and the only scroll "intact" out of the dead sea scrolls discovery in 1947) of God's Divine Plan.

Prayers for guidance of the Holy Spirit will enable one to see the hidden design behind the repeated patterns of an Autostereogram...so to speak...

Focus on the teachings of "Christ"...and you won't get lost!

~Love God and your Neighbors as Yourself!

Peace!
I do see the big picture...problem is i get a lot of heat for it...

Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Isaiah 28:9-12 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept; line upon line; here a little, there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 29:11-14 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed.....

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

~How to Inherit Eternal Life

27 Thou Shalt Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt lived.

Peace!
RESPONSE:

If I write a book which claims that it is inspired by God, will you quote its passages as proof that it really is inspired by God?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM

Default To those who believe:

Quote:
RESPONSE:

If I write a book which claims that it is inspired by God, will you quote its passages as proof that it really is inspired by God?
Spiritual discernment is a wonderful gift by the creator...it enables us to skim through and separate the wheat from the tares...this cannot be taught.

It is this "sense of certainty" that one cannot forced others to embrace...

God never intended to confuse...love God and your neighbor as yourself!

In the beginning the Creator tells us of Paradise lost and the Christ taught us that Paradise WILL be restored...this is my faith, though it may not coincide with yours...in fact, the very word He utters to a sinner before he succumbed to death...was "Today, you shall be with me in......where?

~PARADISE...

Peace!

Last edited by ans57; 09-26-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 05:25 PM

63,835 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So you are saying that you are the Gospel?...
He/she was a recruiter seeking dupes to follow him/her . . . or a deluded mental case, IMO.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is NOT a single error-free thing that God has given man or that was ever in the hands of man, period (beginning in the perfect EDEN.) Men corrupt EVERYTHING . . . uninhibited by God in any way. WE have been given DOMINION here by God's WILL . . . why is that so hard to understand.

RESPONSE:

Then it was kind of a waste of time for God to make a revelaiton, wasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity