U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2010, 10:13 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
25,388 posts, read 18,803,316 times
Reputation: 11010

Advertisements

I intended to submit this on a different thread only to find it closed, so I submit it here.


Believers in Christ can and do sin with the best of them. The best people in the world are Christians, and the worst people in the world are Christians, and unbelievers fall somewhere in between.

The Corinthians were some pretty good sinners. Their sins were addressed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 for example. The Corinthians were having problems with jealousy and strife. Both of which are sins. Paul is addressing believers who because of their carnality were still babes in Christ and walking like mere men.

Solomon who lived in the age of Israel was a believer who turned his back on God. And though he was still saved (no one can lose their salvation), he spend a very long time in reversionism and lived just as an unbeliever did.

David commited murder as a believer when he had Bathsheba's husband led into a battle and then deserted to be killed by the enemy.

The worst category of sins are mental attitude sins. Anger, fear, worry, hatred, malice, envy, pride, vindictiveness, implacability, jealousy, resentment, guilt complex, hostility, bitterness, self-recrimination are all sins.

The next worse category of sins are the sins of the tongue, such as gossip, maligning, judging, lying.

Then there are the overt sins such as stealing, adultery, homosexuality, murder (murder is the only overt sin which is mentioned as being as bad as the mental attitude sins). Hatred which is a mental attitude sin is compared with murder. God gives a list of sins in Prov 6:17-19.

If we say we that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8)

Here is how you as a believer deal with your sins. The remedy for sin in the believers life is 1 John 1:9 ''If we acknowledge our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins (known sins), and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (unknown and forgotten sins).


To better understand recovery from a sin in order to regain the filling of the Holy Spirit, see this site on 'Rebound'.

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/love1.htm - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM
 
5,439 posts, read 5,135,188 times
Reputation: 1131
If one dies in willful sin, even one willful sin, that person will go to hell. It only took one willful sin for God to drive the first man and woman out of His garden, cursed the ground and stripped them of their paradise. Likewise, we'll be stripped of our salvation if we commit a willful sin. Why? Because sin will cause one to take on the devil's image. And, you know that no devil will enter Heaven. It's high time that people start looking at sin for what it is: death.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
25,388 posts, read 18,803,316 times
Reputation: 11010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If one dies in willful sin, even one willful sin, that person will go to hell. It only took one willful sin for God to drive the first man and woman out of His garden, cursed the ground and stripped them of their paradise. Likewise, we'll be stripped of our salvation if we commit a willful sin. Why? Because sin will cause one to take on the devil's image. And, you know that no devil will enter Heaven. It's high time that people start looking at sin for what it is: death.
NO HE WILL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! All sin has been paid for by Christ on the Cross. It is IMPOSSIBLE to commit a sin for which Jesus has not already been judged.

The believers sins simply put him out of fellowship with God and under the control of his old sin nature. The solutioin is 1 John 1:9. NAME IT TO GOD.

But if you die with one unconfessed sin, then you simply depart from this life and go home to be with the Lord with an unconfessed sin. Believers can be taken out of this life to go home to be with the Lord under maximum divine discipline - called the sin unto death.

Adam's relationship with God before the fall was dependent upon Adam remaining in obedience to God. His point of contact with God at that time was divine love. After he sinned, God provided salvation through faith in the promised Messiah which was Jesus Christ. After he was saved, Adam's relationship with God was an eternal relationship which could not be lost. After salvation, Adam's and the entire human races point of contact with God is divine justice. The justice which condemns the unbeliever to the lake of fire, also guarantee's the eternal security of the one who places his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. And sin is absolutely not an issue with regard to salvation. The believers sins are handled as a family matter as per:

Proverbs 3:11 'My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD, Or loath His reproof, 12] For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father, the son in whom he delights.

Hebrews 12:5 ''MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD, NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM; 6] FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES, AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.''

Revelation 3:19 'Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; be zealous therefore, and repent. 20] 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me. This is not a salvation passage. It is a passage which deals with the believer who has turned away from God. He has not lost his salvation as that is absolutely impossible. This passage is about divine discipline, and if the believer responds to the discipline by acknowledging his sins, then he will be restored to fellowship. That is, he will again be filled with and controlled by God the Holy Spirit rather then being under the control of his old sin nature.

The irony is that these people who are running around saying that the believer can lose his salvation because of sin are not even saved themselves because they have never trusted in Christ for their salvation, they have trusted in themselves and their human righteousness for salvation. And that is the very basis of their eternal condemnation as per Revelation 20:11-15.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,900 posts, read 7,730,633 times
Reputation: 3053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
NO HE WILL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! All sin has been paid for by Christ on the Cross. It is IMPOSSIBLE to commit a sin for which Jesus has not already been judged.
Good, something we agree on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,710,194 times
Reputation: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Good, something we agree on.
Yea, no kidding ... Though i disagree with mike on many things, at least we agree on this ...[/mod]attacking[/mod]



Peace ...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-29-2010 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: referring to other [osters as vipers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,900 posts, read 7,730,633 times
Reputation: 3053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yea, no kidding ... Though i disagree with mike on many things, at least we agree on this ...Moderator cut: edit
Peace ...
I don't know what camp I would be put in, I don't consider myself UR but I don't focus on or embrace ET. It is up to God to choose and save who he wishes to save, is that just a few of us or all of us, no one knows for sure.

I'll focus on faith in Jesus who died for us.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-29-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,710,194 times
Reputation: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I don't know what camp I would be put in, I don't consider myself UR but I don't focus on or embrace ET. It is up to God to choose and save who he wishes to save, is that just a few of us or all of us, no one knows for sure.

I'll focus on faith in Jesus who died for us.
Well that is certainly a safe position to take, and i don't blame you for being on the fence where the destiny of the the wicked and unbelieving is concerned. Like you said, it is ultimately Gods decision ...

I have noticed that i tend to agree with you more than not, and i appreciate your contribution to this forum.



Peace and God bless friend ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-27-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,900 posts, read 7,730,633 times
Reputation: 3053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well that is certainly a safe position to take, and i don't blame you for being on the fence where the destiny of the the wicked and unbelieving is concerned. Like you said, it is ultimately Gods decision ......
It is all God, that is why I get so frustrated by the perfection or sin obsessed crowd, they are robbing people of the freedom in Christ and sending them back into bondage. Living your life knowing the freedom Jesus bought for us makes our fruit very natural as opposed to coerced and fake like so many people act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I have noticed that i tend to agree with you more than not, and i appreciate your contribution to this form.

Peace and God bless friend ...
You also, you are concise and easy to understand, I like that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,460,298 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Adam's relationship with God before the fall was dependent upon Adam remaining in obedience to God. His point of contact with God at that time was divine love. After he sinned, God provided salvation through faith in the promised Messiah which was Jesus Christ. After he was saved, Adam's relationship with God was an eternal relationship which could not be lost. After salvation, Adam's and the entire human races point of contact with God is divine justice. The justice which condemns the unbeliever to the lake of fire, also guarantee's the eternal security of the one who places his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. And sin is absolutely not an issue with regard to salvation.
You make a comment like this yet you are still not seeing the message that Jesus gave to all. It is those who do not do as Jesus asked, even after the death of the body, who will be left out of the kingdom.

The message of Jesus and what He was sent here to do was to rebestow the great Gift of Divine Love. The very sin that Adam and Eve rejected. By doing this, He fulfilled the promise of setting us free. Free to choose whether to become perfect as God is perfect through Divine Love or to remain perfect as Adam and Eve were before the fall.

In this way, through Divine Love, any person can become sinless while lliving in the flesh. Jesus made that possible. That was His mission. It had nothing to do with His death but the LIFE He lived and the rebestowal of Divine Love.

Being saved means to become born again through this love because when the Love has changed you fully, you have no sin and no inclination to sin. Without this Love fully bestowed upon the soul, the inclination to sin will be there. The love we are born with can be perfected however, there is still the inclination such as Adam and Eve portrayed because they chose not to accept the Gift.

I do believe that one can become sinless without an inclination to sin while still in the flesh. I haven't yet heard of anyone doing this except Jesus. He was the first and made it possible for everyone else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,729,618 times
Reputation: 844
"Everybody sins without exception!!! Deal with it believer!!!"

Yea? Not a repentant, born again, CHANGED! into the character of Christ, child of the living God!!!...because if they do comitt willfull sin!...they will die in their sin!


Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall dieEzekiel 3:19)...



...(so much for the once saved always saved lie from the pit of hell!)...!!!




because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.(Ezekiel 3:20).

Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous [man], that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.(Ezekiel 3:21)....


YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!...take it or leave it!!!!!!!...YOUR! CHOICE!!!


In Christ's love, and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top