Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I wonder if the person who started this thread will give us the statistics of those who are homosexual and also die of AIDS?

Yes that would be interesting, we can also compare that to the statisics of unwanted children from homosexual unions.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yet Scriptures tells us that no homosexuals will enter the kingdom of God. So why would homosexuals call themselves Christian. Scripture teaches us that many would worship God with their lips. Yet their heart is far from Him. Jesus tells us those who love Him are those who keep His commandments. Homosexuals may one day make their relationship legal in the eyes of the government. Yet such a relationship will never be legal in the eyes of God.

1 Cor. 6:9
1 Cor. 6:9 doesn't say homosexual in the originals. Stop spreading lies Campbell.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
One can't be sure the eternal destinty of his soul is secure because of his belief in a few verses of the Bible while choosing to ignore the other ones. The fact is we don't get to choose what attributes of God/the Bible we like (e.g. love, peace, forgiveness) while ignoring the others (love the poor, holiness). That's called being lukewarm and Revelation says God hates those people more than the hot or cold ones.

I think it's fine we each have our views (i.e. the person who said two consenting gays in a relationship was the same as two heteros) - but that doesn't mean our views are right. Only the Word of God (i.e. Bible) is right. Anything else is just us trying to rationalize it. Another word for rationalize = rational lies.
The Bible is not the Word of God. Yeshua is. Stop committing bibliolatry.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. Romans 1:26 'For this reason (previously mentioned) God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27] and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penaly of their error. The passage up to this point is talking about homosexual behavior. The passage goes on to describe other sins.

No matter how you try to slice it, women lying with women, and men lying with men is homosexual behavior and it is a sin. The only natural sexual relationship which the Bible recognizes is a heterosexual one (Gen 2:21-24; Matt 19:4-6) within marriage. All homosexual relationships constitute sexual perversion and are subject to God's judgment.

You mention pederasty. Here is the definition of pederasty. Pederasty | Define Pederasty at Dictionary.com

Here is a site concerning homosexuality, including pederasty in ancient Greece.
Homosexuality in ancient Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a site concerning homosexuality, including lesbianism in ancient Rome.
Homosexuality in ancient Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And finally, here is commentary on Romans 1:26-27.

Romans 1:26 Bible Commentary

Romans 1:27 Bible Commentary

God condemns homosexuality. And Romans 1:26-27 is one such passage which makes that clear.
Whatever Mike. Your clear lack of education and pure bigotry are quite evident in your posts. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why your hatred is unfounded.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
According to CDC (9/10 report) - "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s. In 2006, MSM accounted for more than half (53%) of all new HIV infections in the United States...
In 2006, the number of cases of HIV in children who had been sexually molested by homosexual men, reached a record high."
Since it's been increasing steadily... the percentages now (5 years later) would be even higher.

Also...
STD Increases among Gay and Bisexual Men Reported at National Conference
STD Increase among Gay and Bisexual Men

Sparrow,
I'm just amazed that you support homosexual practices despite the harm they cause! I don't see supporting such behavior as loving or truly helpful AT ALL. I see it as weakness, going along with the herd-mentality, too afraid to stand up for what is right. I'm not encouraging hatred nor prejudice toward homosexuals...The purpose of us all is to love everyone, no matter what. I just want to call homosexuality what it is & what consequences it has... not sugar coat it. Loving someone isn't going along with what hurts them... it's wanting & striving for what's best!

I don't have AIDs. I'm healthy. Why? Because I understand how one contracts it, and I'm monogamous. I've known a couple gay men who have HIV, and they had poor self esteem, families who turned against them, and didn't seem to value their own lives. It had nothing to do with their being gay, it had to do with how society generally turns against gay people, especially gay men. People with your attitude are part of the problem. If you truly cared about gay people, maybe you could teach gay people to have respect for themselves, teach them that God loves them as they are, and that monogamy/marriage is a healthier life path than multiple sex partners.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Amen. It is like all the people addicted to heroin. We love the people but believe the drug, misused, is horrible. We feel for those drug addicts because we know their addiction might end in death.
This demonstrates a total lack of understanding of what homosexuality is, just as this thread is titled. As I and 99% of the gay people I know prove, you can be gay, healthy, and lead a productive life. It shows that you still don't get it one bit. It's not an addiction, a choice, or a "lifestyle". It's just who you are. You cannot "pray away the gay". You can fall victim to Christian extremist fear mongering and pretend you're not gay, but you will live a loveless life of misery.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM

223 posts, read 268,969 times
This, "we are bigoted, homophobic, found less, hate filled morons because we care' line that fundamentalists spin really is laughable. Not least because 2 responsible homosexual men or women that take the necessary precautions are more than capable of living a long, healthy and happy life, and being enormously successful. I know more than one homosexual couple that are middle aged, wealthy, healthy and extremely happy. So comparing it to drug addiction is more than a little ridiculous, ignorant, and frankly everything I've come to expect from the 'hard line' fundamentalists out there.

The simple fact is, you're that way because you are an ignorant, hate filled individual, not because you care, or because you want to let people know of the 'consequences' of their sin, because frankly, the Christian obsession with homosexuality is bordering on compulsive. There are so many other sins that people commit and are proud of in our culture. The sin that's endemic in our culture if you want to be biblical about it is Greed. Our entire culture is rife with it. Our entire world is built on it. Why aren't you marching against that? Is it because you like living in your nice house with your flat screen TV and going to church on Sunday and convincing yourself that you're one of the 'good guys'. Is it because you like to punch in and serve a corporation that is necessarily exploitative and still feel warm and fuzzy inside that you're one of God's children?

You're like kids trying to be the good guys, standing on the bodies of millions saying that matters less than what 2 consenting adults do in the bedroom, more often than not responsibly. It is literally that ridiculous. You're like someone scoffing their face with pie after pie after pie, complaining about sexual behavior that you never see and has no effect on you. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone after all.

God is love people, and love can be powerful stuff. If 2 guys love each other enough that they're willing to burn for eternity just to be together for 70 years (which is what Christians claim, after all, everyone 'knows' God exists, we just choose to turn our backs on him because we're bat shizzle crazy, right?) then where does that love come from? The kind of God that would provide that to people and tell them its a sin isn't worthy of worship. Your fundamentalist Christian God is an evil, hate filled figure and isn't worthy of worship. In fact, if he were the real God, he wouldn't be worthy of even considering. Fortunately I, and most with a brain think you're about as likely to be right as Osama Bin Laden was when he said, "I think we got away with it guys".

What I want to know is why some Christians can read the bible, see love and get the message, and others can read the same book and use it as a vehicle for irrational hatred to make themselves feel better.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
This, "we are bigoted, homophobic, found less, hate filled morons because we care' line that fundamentalists spin really is laughable. Not least because 2 responsible homosexual men or women that take the necessary precautions are more than capable of living a long, healthy and happy life, and being enormously successful. I know more than one homosexual couple that are middle aged, wealthy, healthy and extremely happy. So comparing it to drug addiction is more than a little ridiculous, ignorant, and frankly everything I've come to expect from the 'hard line' fundamentalists out there.

The simple fact is, you're that way because you are an ignorant, hate filled individual, not because you care, or because you want to let people know of the 'consequences' of their sin, because frankly, the Christian obsession with homosexuality is bordering on compulsive. There are so many other sins that people commit and are proud of in our culture. The sin that's endemic in our culture if you want to be biblical about it is Greed. Our entire culture is rife with it. Our entire world is built on it. Why aren't you marching against that? Is it because you like living in your nice house with your flat screen TV and going to church on Sunday and convincing yourself that you're one of the 'good guys'. Is it because you like to punch in and serve a corporation that is necessarily exploitative and still feel warm and fuzzy inside that you're one of God's children?

You're like kids trying to be the good guys, standing on the bodies of millions saying that matters less than what 2 consenting adults do in the bedroom, more often than not responsibly. It is literally that ridiculous. You're like someone scoffing their face with pie after pie after pie, complaining about sexual behavior that you never see and has no effect on you. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone after all.

God is love people, and love can be powerful stuff. If 2 guys love each other enough that they're willing to burn for eternity just to be together for 70 years (which is what Christians claim, after all, everyone 'knows' God exists, we just choose to turn our backs on him because we're bat shizzle crazy, right?) then where does that love come from? The kind of God that would provide that to people and tell them its a sin isn't worthy of worship. Your fundamentalist Christian God is an evil, hate filled figure and isn't worthy of worship. In fact, if he were the real God, he wouldn't be worthy of even considering. Fortunately I, and most with a brain think you're about as likely to be right as Osama Bin Laden was when he said, "I think we got away with it guys".

What I want to know is why some Christians can read the bible, see love and get the message, and others can read the same book and use it as a vehicle for irrational hatred to make themselves feel better.
I couldn't have said it better. Excellent post.

Why is homosexuality such a topic? Because I think for some of those who see it as a sin, they know that that is the one thing that they will NEVER be guilty of.

"Murder? hmmmm. well, I murder folks in my mind from time to time so I can't say anything about that one.

Greed? hmmm. wow. Look at all this stuff I have and I want more! Can't say anything about that one.

Lust? hmm. nope. Not that one.

Envy... covetousness... I really am jealous of Frank's new speed boat.

etc. etc.

homosexuality? whoa. Never in a million years!! All right... finally. Here's one I can talk about and condemn other folks over so to take that huge spotlight off of myself and my own shortcomings and focus on someone else! Maybe that way, with that big huge spotlight on the homosexuals, no-one (maybe even including God) will even NOTICE all of MY stuff. Yeah, homosexuality.... let's talk about the homosexuals!!!!"

So. Now... let's look at that. If someone's sexual orientation is THAT ingrained, that much a part of someone, than why is it that folks do not understand it is the same way for homosexuals?? Oh, suddenly if you are homosexual, it is "a liftestyle", a "choice". How very convenient.

The rejection and condemnation from others that homosexuals have faced through the years has led to so much suffering, discrimination, damaged self-worth, depression, not to mention the suicides, and MURDERS!!... if folks want to talk about statistics, let's talk about those. Let's talk about all of the hurt and destruction in people's lives that has been directly caused by those around them rejecting them, telling them they're going to hell, telling them they are sub-human, telling them they are freaks.

Yeah, let's talk about those statistics...

Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,589,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Bible is not the Word of God. Yeshua is. Stop committing bibliolatry.
This logic won't work Fiyero; I have posted this many times and am continually told I don't know what I am talking about.

If the Bible is the Word of God, then it has to be perfect - ergo... it also has to be God as only God is perfect. Wouldn't that negate the Trinity and make us worship a Quadrinity?

Yeshua is the word made flesh; the Bible is an account of his teachings - it is not the Word of God.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
Well, let me try to explain that to you. I was a Christian a loong time ago, not anymore and I do not believe in the Bible as the word of God or Jesus as the Son of God.

As far as what many Christians say they do not believe the Bible approves a man having sex with another man and the same between two women. In their eyes that is an abomination in the eyes of God.

I have heard some Christians that even if you are gay because you are born that way the sin part is if you act on your orientation.

Whether that is right or wrong tha is how I understand they believe. Now, many gays do want to force Christians that gay is right. Well, don't do the same you accuse Christians of doing. Let them believe how they want and if they do not want you in their church, so what? Nothing wrong with a group having their own criteria in what type of member they want to accept. Just as you do not want them to impose their moral views on them do not try to demand your moral views on them.

As far as I am concerned the government should stay out of these issue. Christianst can marry who they want and gays can marry who the want also. The government should only provide benefits to partners that have a family agreement whatever that may be, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity