Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,146,798 times

Advertisements

1 Cor 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

If we have not love, we gain nothing. This pretty much confirms it (if it wasn't confirmed already)...

Love is the most important thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 04:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,382,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
1 Cor 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

If we have not love, we gain nothing. This pretty much confirms it (if it wasn't confirmed already)...

Love is the most important thing!
AMEN, legoman!!

Love is more important than faith, and in fact, Love is what gives faith life! That means that our Love (God's Love in us) is what causes us to believe, and it is what will win the whole world to Christ in the end-- not by nice speeches and charismatic wit, but by God's presence directly speaking to the heart of each man. No one will need to go listen to a preacher anymore, when they learn to hear God teaching them HIMSELF WITHIN their hearts!

Many blessings to you!
Brian

Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,379,087 times
Amen .

Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 6,957,992 times
Great thread!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,237,165 times
Quote:
Love is the most important thing we should focus on.

Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love your enemy.

God is love. Jesus taught love, and by extension Jesus is love.
If we love one another, we know God. If we don't love we don't know God.

Love is what its all about: it is the reason why we are here. It is the point of life, it is the point of creation.

Love never fails.
Love is the most powerful force in the universe because God is love.

Can I get an amen?
That isn't what saves us, so no. It isn't an end-all.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God IS Love.

LOVE (GOD) IS what saves us.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,379,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God IS Love.

LOVE (GOD) IS what saves us.
It really is.

I love Him because He first loved me. What do you think to that Pastor Viz ?.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,715,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Amen.... the word of God states what saves !!
Acts 16:30-32
30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.

Mark 16:15-17
15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned

Acts 4:12
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Matthew 10:21-23
21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Acts 2:39-41
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.”
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

Yet, of course there are those who will continue to deny and lie about the truth of God !!

Am so thankful, Vizo..... that God has revealed through the power of His word, His word of TRUTH, that through Christ Jesus is salvation, amen !

Let us praise and rejoice that our God is faithful in all that He promises to those who believe !!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Love is the most important thing we should focus on.

Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love your enemy.

God is love. Jesus taught love, and by extension Jesus is love.
If we love one another, we know God. If we don't love we don't know God.

Love is what its all about: it is the reason why we are here. It is the point of life, it is the point of creation.

Love never fails.
Love is the most powerful force in the universe because God is love.

Can I get an amen?
amen, brother.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,034,890 times
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Amen -

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity