Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
me, me, me, you, you you, me good christian, you bad christian.

Again, play your games with someone else

Finn It's nothing to do with good or bad christian (for your info i do not consider myself a christian) , it's to do with what you believe and those who reject what you believe . You cannot escape the fact your posts are formed around rejecting the belief of UR , defending ET with a passion that does not include the message of the good news (unless you think believe or be damned to ET is good news). And the only reason i have picked upon on what you are saying in posts is because of the false accusation you made ,that those who believe in the UR message love talking about ET ,and you just happen to be there posting when ET is mentioned , if you weren't i would at least understand why you maybe thinking we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,954,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
But you are not going to understand this no matter how clearly it is presented to you, so to continue on with this is useless. I know that there are some who will understand it however.
What you always seem to overlook is that a comment like this simply has the inherant assumption that you cannot be wrong.

It is ok, though, when you have to rely on other people to tell you what the bible says it is important for them to instill into you this kind of thinking then help prevent you from actually questioning them.

With that said, you can believe it is useless or you can man up and actually be big enough to continue to state what you believe without all the dramatic exits that mean nothing.

The reason Gods wrath abided on me while I rejected him is because his wrath is inherantly LOVE. Where as you have actually been taught to view wrath from a human perspective rather than from Gods nature.

An unreasonable earthly father exhibits the trait of having wrath that is apart from the father love for his child. It is a father that punishes his child out of the emotion of anger rather than correcting the child to teach that the correction is for the childs good. It is true that as children we often learn later the good that correction did.

However, children who were simply punished out of the emotions of the father are known to have emotional problems themselves as adults.

It is only when a person comes to terms with love being an inherant act of wrath will a child later understand the good and an adult stop the CYCLE of abuse.

Gods wrath abiding on me corrects me, because he first loved me, my love for God came from that cause. That is why it is impossible that I could remain endlessly uncorrected.

To say that someone who dies without believing in Christ is lost forever is simply an inference of intepretation it is not actually a scriptural declaration. Given the fact, the intepretation that you have been told, is incorrect.

So when you say I do not understand, you simply fail to see that I do understand YOU, I simply disagree with YOU. However your reliance upon others to tell you what to think clouds your judgment from actually being able to tell someone something without making silly comments like you have above.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You cannot escape the fact your posts are formed around rejecting the belief of UR , defending ET with a passion that does not include the message of the good news (unless you think believe or be damned to ET is good news). And the only reason i have picked upon on what you are saying in posts is because of the false accusation you made ,that those who believe in the UR message love talking about ET ,and you just happen to be there posting when ET is mentioned , if you weren't i would at least understand why you maybe thinking we do.
Read through this thread and see your error. Contrary to your claim, I am talking about salvation (the good news), not hell, while the URs always revert the conversation back to hell. Read the thread.

Do you realize that you are still harping about me, and not the topic?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Read through this thread and see your error. Contrary to your claim, I am talking about salvation (the good news), not hell, while the URs always revert the conversation back to hell. Read the thread.

Lol Finn you are to funny ,there is nothing that is good news that i have ever read from your posts .My harping is about your claim UR folk are always talking about ET ,when infact you are .

Last edited by pcamps; 10-22-2010 at 09:22 AM..

Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol Finn you are to funny ,there is nothing that is good news that i have ever read from your posts .My harping is about your claim UR folk are always talking about ET ,when infact you are .
Then you admit that you do not consider it to be good news that God loved the world so much that he sent his son to us so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life.

End of discussion.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-22-2010 at 10:05 AM..

Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Then you admit that you so not consider it to be good news that God loved the world so much that he sent his son to us so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life.

End of discussion.
Finn i in know way are challenging your character , just simply what you believe.

From what i have read from your posts i think i could confidently say that i basically disagree with your whole interpretation of the scriptures . If it bothers you so much, that those who believe in UR are always talking about ET ,why don't you simply just ignore them , then you and i would not be having this conversation that you are as guilty as talking about it as those you accuse of talking about it .

Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
To say that someone who dies without believing in Christ is lost forever is simply an inference of intepretation it is not actually a scriptural declaration. Given the fact, the intepretation that you have been told, is incorrect.
How do you translate/interprept the word "believe", as in "whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".

To me there is not much room for misunderstandings, because 'believe' means 'believe' which means faith. Those who believe (have faith) will have everlasting life. Those who do not believe will not have everlasting life.

Maybe the interpreption that you have been told is not correct. Is that possible?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 AM

159 posts, read 175,122 times
Quote:

Finn, allow me to say again something that I have said somewhere else, because it also applies to you:

Quote:
Have you any idea what is perfect righteousness? If perfect justice means 'more punishment' then sharia law is more just than European or American law. It's hard to imagine the perfect being, but I think he would threat everyone fairly. Even we think that punishment should fit the crime. Also, there is no law on this Earth that allows you to go to jail instead of someone else. Why would it be just (or even possible) for one perfect being to pay for sins of imperfect beings?

Your God sounds like doubly unjust being: he treats everyone who accepted Jesus sacrifice a lot better than they deserved, and everyone else a lot worse, instead of simply holding everyone accountable for what they did.

Now, you might say that offense is infinite because it's an offense against infinite being. However since no one can harm infinite being either, then harm is zero, too.
Basically, you preach the ultimate 'get out of jail free card', and I have huge problem with that.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Basically, you preach the ultimate 'get out of jail free card', and I have huge problem with that.
I preach that God loved the word so much that he sent his son to us so that those who believe in him will have everlasting live. That is the good news of Jesus Christ. I am not talking about jail, I am talking about salvation.

Yes, it is a free salvation card, since it won't cost you anything. Isn't that great? We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone.

I know a lot of people have a problem with it, and it is evidenced every day on this very board.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:43 AM

159 posts, read 175,122 times
Quote:
I preach that God loved the word so much that he sent his son to us so that those who believe in him will have everlasting live. That is the good news of Jesus Christ. I am not talking about jail, I am talking about salvation.

Yes, it is a free salvation card, since it won't cost you anything. Isn't that great? We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone.

I know a lot of people have a problem with it, and it is evidenced every day on this very board.
If you are a Jew and die in holocaust you go to hell. If you kill bunch of Jews in concentration camp and repent in the last moment, you go to Heaven despite denying an opportunity of repentance to all those Jews.

Worst. News. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity