Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,201,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, although I am far more interested in the good news of Gods love and salvation. God loved us so much that he sent his only son so that those who believe in Him will be saved. Once you have a relationship with Christ you won't need to worry about hell.

You want to talk about hell, you talk about hell. There are plenty of universalists here who talk about hell practically non-stop, so you will have plenty of people to talk with.

You are the hell preacher, not me. Your approach to convincing people to share your faith is not the promotion of your own faith, but the smearing of other faiths.
Yes, I sit around all day and smear other people's faiths.

Finn, I'm smearing the doctrine of hell. And it needs to be smeared, badly. And once again, you need to be reminded of sowing and reaping.

Oh. And. Whenever we URs try to start a Good News thread or try to tell people the good news on here, one of you always starts throwing long lines of the worst verses in the Bible that you can find. That's nice.

What were the inquisitions about? Who is obsessed with hell? It's not the people who put on hell-plays and drive the most demented sick vision of the afterlife into young people's heads, is it? How on God's green earth do you think people are supposed to NOT be obsessed about hell, Finn? Tack on to this: There are a million threatening Bible verses (which most in tradition ignore and twist BECAUSE of the doctrine of hell) which talk about NOT running the race, NOT making it, sowing and reaping, and hordes of others, which drive those who are really trying to figure out the truth, into madness and despair, BECAUSE preachers and teachers don't preach the truth and BECAUSE preachers and teachers are scared themselves, I guess, and they won't study and they won't think and they won't let people know that they are wrong. I'm plain sick of it, and I'm not going to let it slide. Not while there are thousands out there still confused. So, you can be sick of us obsessing about hell (which, if you were sticking to reality, is not even close to being the case) and I'll stick to being sick of people bashing the Good News.

I'm not going to stop.

Last edited by herefornow; 10-22-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 PM

5,518 posts, read 7,355,200 times
Sometime this forum is like watching a **** fight.

Instead of throwing two roosters into a pit,

Someone posts a question, and sits back to watch the "christians" tear each other apart.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM

33,332 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
If you are a Jew and die in holocaust you go to hell. If you kill bunch of Jews in concentration camp and repent in the last moment, you go to Heaven despite denying an opportunity of repentance to all those Jews.

Worst. News. Ever.
The only issue in salvation is faith in Christ. No one dies unless and until God allows it. God has appointed a time for everyone to die (Ecclesiastes 3:2). No one can be removed from this life apart from God's permission. God determines when each person has had sufficent opportunity to believe in Christ for salvation. And when God says a persons time on this earth is up, whether he is a believer or an unbeliever, then his eternal future is set and cannot be changed.

The only issue in etenal salvation is this:

John 3:36 'He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.'

Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM

33,332 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Finn, I'm smearing the doctrine of hell. And it needs to be smeared, badly. And once again, you need to be reminded of sowing and reaping.

Oh. And. Whenever we URs try to start a Good News thread or try to tell people the good news on here, one of you always starts throwing long lines of the worst verses in the Bible that you can find. That's nice.

What were the inquisitions about? Who is obsessed with hell? It's not the people who put on hell-plays and drive the most demented sick vision of the afterlife into young people's heads, is it? How on God's green earth do you think people are supposed to NOT be obsessed about hell, Finn? Tack on to this: There are a million threatening Bible verses (which most in tradition ignore and twist BECAUSE of the doctrine of hell) which talk about NOT running the race, NOT making it, sowing and reaping, and hordes of others, which drive those who are really trying to figure out the truth, into madness and despair, BECAUSE preachers and teachers don't preach the truth and BECAUSE preachers and teachers are scared themselves, I guess, and they won't study and they won't think and they won't let people know that they are wrong. I'm plain sick of it, and I'm not going to let it slide. Not while there are thousands out there still confused. So, you can be sick of us obsessing about hell (which, if you were sticking to reality, is not even close to being the case) and I'll stick to being sick of people bashing the Good News.

I'm not going to stop.
Oh, go eat a cookie!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Oh, go eat a cookie!!!

Hmm.....

I do like sugar. I'll be right back.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Never said faith was not important. If it mentioned it once I would still know it was important.

The before you die part is the only place where in general we disagree, you follow that intepretation, I don't.

I want people to experience the freedom of Christ in this life, but death does not change anything concerning what God will do as he has declared he will do.
I want people to experience Christ in this life too, and that is why I keep talking about it.

The dead don't read the Bible, and the Bible was written for the living, and the necessity of faith is repeated 200 times because it is crucially important.

Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

Clear enough? The dead don't read the Bible. Did someone in Hades hand the rich man a Bible so he could read it and change his mind and cross over to Lazarus and Abraham? No, it was too late. He was told that no one can cross the void.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-22-2010 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 06:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yes, you have done that to me and to others on numerous occations by your comments declaring that we do not know God, and that we don't have the spirit in us, and by declaring that the God we believe in is sick and twisted.

Quote:
Oh. And. Whenever we URs try to start a Good News thread or try to tell people the good news on here, one of you always starts throwing long lines of the worst verses in the Bible that you can find.
I have never seen a bad, worse, or worst verse in the Bible. To me it is the word of God and it is all truth.

Quote:
Who is obsessed with hell?
Those who can't stop talking about it.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, you have done that to me and to others on numerous occations by your comments declaring that we do not know God, and that we don't have the spirit in us.

I have never seen a bad, worse, or worst verse in the Bible. To me it is the word of God and it is all truth.

Okay, Finn. We will disagree. That's all there is to it. I have to go take care of Mike who is posting something about vultures, smoke and fire, weeping and wailing, brimstone, torment, and other assorted verses. He keeps me busy.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:

Surely those obsessed with the myth of eternal torment are those who standing at it's gates fully persuaded of its existence attempting to prevail against the building of the church through the good news

Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,341,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The question is:

If I'm a good person my whole life, I love and care for my wife and family, I teach my children to respect others and to do the right thing and I help those less fortunate than myself. Why then does God need me to believe in him to be saved? It seems wrong that a loving God would send a good soul to hell just for their disbelief.

And please no quotes from the Bible as a way to answer my question.
That's just the easy way out.
I am not sure I have an answer that will satisfy you. However, imagine a country w/o law or order where everyone did whatever they wanted. There would be disorder and chaos, but NO liberty and justice for all. That is what a world without salvation would be like. There must be a standard for people to aspire to live by. God in HIS great love for humanity has established the standard- and provided salvation. This is why good deeds are not enough... Without salvation no one will see God. U do indeed sound like a good person. Why not take a leap of faith and believe? U have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity