Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Organized religion = cults.
I agree. Well said.

Heartsong

Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know what motivates anyone to smear anyone for any reason, but I guess that is just what you feel compelled to do.

Are you saying you do it because in your opinion they do not follow teachings of Jesus??????? That's your excuse for attacking them? Is that what you are saying? Do you really think Jesus taught people to behave like you are behaving? I'll tell you what: HE DID NOT.

Maybe one day when you are reading the Bible, you will run into what Jesus said about smearing people like this. No, Christians are not cultists or child abusers, and Christianity is not like Islam, and no, the God Christians believe in is not a sick and twisted torturer. And no, I have never heard anyone say God will torture them if they leave.

These endless anti-Christian rant-threads are a sad site on a Christian board. On an atheist board you see writings like this all the time, but to see it here is just sad.

I have nothing further to say.
Deny, deny, deny - that's your usual M.O. To say that Christian sects do NOT use all these ways to manipulate and control people is obviously
patently false. I wonder why you feel compelled to defend Orthodoxy?

Heartsong

Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,526,976 times
This thread has turned into a Christian bashing Christian thread..

C L O S E D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity