Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Every church I have ever been to said to thank God for the good things in life that you have and I agree with that. However, when something bad happens, they teach you to never blame God. If everything is through Him, wouldn't bad things be as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
yes, that makes sense...it's just another one of the many hippocracies of church.
Job 1:21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job 2:10 But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Job is a literary writing from the creative perceptions of men.
Who do not understand, why bad things happen to good people.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Job is a literary writing from the creative perceptions of men.
Who do not understand, why bad things happen to good people.
The book of Job is historical. Job is described in Ezek. 14:14,20 and James 5:11 as an historical person.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The book of Job is historical. Job is described in Ezek. 14:14,20 and James 5:11 as an historical person.
I am not refuting Job's existence, just man's comprehension of adversity.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM

467 posts, read 665,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The founding fathers of America may have had it right- that after creation...God cut us loose to fend for ourselves...Prophets have come along with suggestions on how to get along..that has been helpful...but for the most part- God allows us to stumble along...all of our human problems come not from God but from humanities failures...God is a cold and distant father.
God is a knowable and caring being who carries us from life to life. If we experience hardship, it is because of our own doing. God provides a way out and at this point we have been told what to do for thousands of years.

In the New Era we have been "cut loose" to fend for ourselves just as it says in the Bible that each one will be under their own vine and fig tree:

Michah 4:4-
Every man will sit under his own vine and under his own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the LORD Almighty has spoken.

This refers to the I AM Presence of each one, who is a knowable being who cares and is only distant to the extent that people separate themselves from it.
I AM Presence Portrait

As far as "humanities failures" this is why we have been commanded to come apart and be a separate and chosen people! We create the world with our Individualized Presences and each one must do their part; if humanity wants to rebel and create a world that is apart from the understanding that this is God's world and we are obliged to create life for God, they are free to do that. People don't have to follow along or be bowed down because of it.

1 Corinthians 10:26

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Job 1:21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job 2:10 But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
I KNOW I was born naked from my mothers womb,( thanks mom) and I KNOW I'll never go back there, So I guess (if I understand you) I should just accept without question that it's all the lords doing, and go with the masses that say when things are going well "the lord giveth" and when things are going poorly "the lord taketh away"....if I question this,.. am I "sinning with my lips"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity