Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Yet if we say we never sin, John calls us what? Liars!

1Jn 1:8: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10: If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.
Actually, John calls liars who say they have never sinned, 'liars' ... not forgiven Christians.

One cannot actually become a Christian (have a 'Savior'), unless they have first acknowledged, confessed and repented of their own sin! (What does the Savior save one from, if not the just wages of their own sin).

Therefore, Christians have fully met the requirements of I Jn 1:8 and 1 Jn 1:10; and are thus, recipients of the wonderful, ongoing blessings of forgiveness and cleansing of their sin, in I Jn 1:9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 05:19 AM

271 posts, read 355,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't think that God is unjust. I think He is completely just.
What would be unjust is to let sin abound in a place misunderstood as "hell" for the rest of eternity.
Let's Thank God that He is more powerful than that and will rid all of mankind of their evil ways. After all if God can rid man of evil then why would He neglect to do so for ALL? It was He, after all, that brought all of us into existence by giving us life in the first place.
What I'm trying to teach you Truth Light is that God will save EVERYONE eventually (in due time). There is a lot you might not understand about this message and there are MANY that HATE it (after all they are men). But use rationality and logic (that God gave you that you use everyday) and you will not be able to refute it. I say this to hope that God will open your mind to understanding. Let me know if you have further questions. I want to help where able.
Paul
Thanks
I don't think that God is unjust. That's why if Eve made a sin,God may repent it if she asked for forgiveness , or punish her if he wants.
Jesus has nothing to do with this !

Old 11-01-2010, 05:55 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Thanks
I don't think that God is unjust. That's why if Eve made a sin,God may repent it if she asked for forgiveness , or punish her if he wants.
I don't believe God is unjust either. God can only forgive someone if He put it their hearts to repent. So it is up to God whether one repent at all. Repentance is a gift from God.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Thanks
Isaiah 43:27 Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me.

Since time immemorial, religious teachings has been the premise of MEN...so who had been teaching falsely and sinned against the Creator?

Isaiah 2:22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he accounted of?

And isn't it Adam whom God breathed life through the nostrils in order that he become a living soul?

Peace!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:41 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
John Calls Christian Liars!!!!

I suspect the larger sin is not lying to each other, but rather, the lies they tell themselves.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:08 AM

271 posts, read 355,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't believe God is unjust either. God can only forgive someone if He put it their hearts to repent. So it is up to God whether one repent at all. Repentance is a gift from God.

That's what I am saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity