Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 AM

4,442 posts, read 4,875,061 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you people but this makes me sick

http://www.richardsipe.com/Burke_Gallery/index.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,569,572 times
Link doesn't work.

ETA: Ok you fixed it.

Last edited by sophialee; 11-05-2010 at 07:54 AM..

Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,331 times
Funny really, all the cost for those items and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of it. What deluded mentality does it take to think wearing that crap is fashionable, important or anything of that nature.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:34 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,050,503 times
Really Is it a carnal demons of strife that makes you sick ? Who will reject and ridicule races and cultural difrences or anything else these demons can find fault with though you to divide against the commands of Jesus Christ ``Love your neighbour as yourself``......Give Honor to the Lord God and those who believe in Jesus Christ and Jesus will bless and Honor you....

Old 11-06-2010, 05:53 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,640,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Really Is it a carnal demons of strife that makes you sick ? Who will reject and ridicule races and cultural difrences or anything else these demons can find fault with though you to divide against the commands of Jesus Christ ``Love your neighbour as yourself``......Give Honor to the Lord God and those who believe in Jesus Christ and Jesus will bless and Honor you....
Whut???? Demons? I think the OP has a point, it's just plain sickening to see this kind of unnecessary frivolity and expense when there are people right outside these congregations starving and wondering why God has neglected them. It's not God, it's men and their own selfish need to look "purty".

Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
I think it is sick that we make fun of other Christians rituals..Many of us donate money to our own churches for grand and glorious, sanctuaries, kitchens, gymnasiums, pastors home, car, indoor baptismals..What's the difference?

Old 11-06-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think it is sick that we make fun of other Christians rituals..Many of us donate money to our own churches for grand and glorious, sanctuaries, kitchens, gymnasiums, pastors home, car, indoor baptismals..What's the difference?
There is no difference, it's all frivolity and unnecessary. Churches should not be run like businesses and any money that comes in should be going to others in need. Pastors should not take a salary. The time spent playing basketball in the gymnasiums should be out in the community working for the people. Church today is not what it was intended to be by Christ.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 AM

4,442 posts, read 4,875,061 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with rituals etc., but there is something wrong about these very expensive custumes and the mindset of the hierarchy that think it is proper and that they are somehow special and above all others and deserve to wear such outrageous outfits.
It is all so sad, so outrageous that the hierarchy makes fools out of themselves by wearing these outfits and that is what is laughable.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
There is no difference, it's all frivolity and unnecessary. Churches should not be run like businesses and any money that comes in should be going to others in need. Pastors should not take a salary. The time spent playing basketball in the gymnasiums should be out in the community working for the people. Church today is not what it was intended to be by Christ.
I agree Ilene that churches should not be run as businesses..That is one reason I dropped out of religion and into a personal relationship with God.
I just do think people living in glass houses themselves should not throw stones IMO though God knows the hearts of His beloved children..We don't We can talk about the Church across the road or the ocean all we want, but we will not change it. So we love and accept our brothers and sisters who for reasons unknown to us are caught up in the frivoloty and grandiose rituals of their traditions.

My own husband thinks I am hellbound because I told Him that I feel Gods presence best alone in my beloved natural surroundings which I call "Gods Cathedral" and away from the traditions, the rituals and the pomp and circumstance that has become common in organized worship services.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-06-2010 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
I agree Ilene that churches should not be run as businesses..That is one reason I dropped out of religion and into a personal relationship with God.
I just do not think people living in glass houses themselves should not throw stones IMO though God knows the hearts of His beloved children..We don't We can talk about the Church across the road or the ocean all we want, but we will not change it. So we love and accept our brothers and sisters who for reasons unknown to us are caught up in the frivoloty and grandiose rituals of their traditions.

My own husband thinks I am hellbound because I told Him that I feel Gods presence best alone in my beloved natural surroundings which I call "Gods Cathedral" and away from the traditions, the rituals and the pomp and circumstance that has become common in organized worship services.
I know what you're saying....I dropped out of religion too and I'm sorry you're own husband feels that way about you but he's wrong. Of course we still love and respect others who are caught up in traditions but you know as well as I do that we are the ones who get judged, not them. They are considered "normal", while we're outcasts. But if you're like me you've learned to deal with it and love them no matter what they say or how they judge you. That's the difference between us and them. It shouldn't be this way but like you said we can't change it or them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity