Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:01 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,732 times

Advertisements

Other than it being listed in the Bible and the "preventing population growth" excuse, why is it so bad?

I think in today's society, as a whole, Christians/branched overlook and excuse many things listed in the Old Testament (like shellfish and divorce), but when it comes to homosexuality, they are very adamant on it.

Thoughts and reasons?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Well I do not believe it is a sin. Jesus never said a word about it.
Homosexuality is no more a life style choice than is heterosexuality!
And no I am not a lesbian stying to spread some "gay adenda"
I am a married Christian woman, heterosexual, who is a member of a denomination that does not see homosexuals as sinners - but even before they saw the light, I did.
Ask yourself when you first knew you were a heterosexual?
I will bet your answer will be the same as mine - for as long as I can remember!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 PM

oops typo I meant "agenda."

Old 11-07-2010, 02:41 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Just some thoughts I've had:

People (in general, not all) like a scapegoat.
Something to take the focus off of theirselves.
Shove someone else in the spotlight and point their fingers.
So they can sit in the dark and feel hidden and safe.
I think that is ONE reason, anyway.
If someone things that homosexuality is a sin, and they are heterosexual, then that is a pretty easy/safe thing to point your finger at.
Perhaps that is the one "sin" (if they think it is a sin) that they feel "well, there's no way I'd ever be guilty of THAT one!" so they point fingers.
and feel safe and hidden and the spotlight is taken off of theirselves.

Well, that's just the condensend version of some of my thoughts on that.

peace,
sparrow

Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Well I do not believe it is a sin. Jesus never said a word about it.
Homosexuality is no more a life style choice than is heterosexuality!
And no I am not a lesbian stying to spread some "gay adenda"
I am a married Christian woman, heterosexual, who is a member of a denomination that does not see homosexuals as sinners - but even before they saw the light, I did.
Ask yourself when you first knew you were a heterosexual?
I will bet your answer will be the same as mine - for as long as I can remember!
Nice post and I agree.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Other than it being listed in the Bible and the "preventing population growth" excuse, why is it so bad?

I think in today's society, as a whole, Christians/branched overlook and excuse many things listed in the Old Testament (like shellfish and divorce), but when it comes to homosexuality, they are very adamant on it.

Thoughts and reasons?
It is not a matter of opinon or denominational teaching, because the Bible says it is sexual immorality and therefore a sin. If heterosexual sex before marriage is considered a sin, and when the Bible defines marriage as a union between a man and woman, then how could homosexual sex not be sin?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Because Moderator cut: deleted have been told it is a sin, and they are too programmed to question, or reason, thus they join the chanting of hatred because they were told to. True there are some forward thinking denominations that don't follow this pattern, but they are the minority, especially here in the bible belt.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-07-2010 at 08:16 PM..

Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM

Thank you sparrow, I also agree with you!

Jesus said a lot about judging one another.

Not a thing about homosexuality though.
Not big on judgemental folks though, ....no not a fan...

BTW people know more now than they did then. Have you at all noticed that? People may have had certain superstitions and cultural feelings just as they do today.Ane people some people were very very wrong! Still are today.

BUT JESUS IS GOD AND HE MADE NO MISTAKES! If HE WANTED to preach against gay people he would have. Jesus was not JUST a PERSON.
You however ARE.

And if you worship a BOOK, you are an idolator!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:12 PM

the BIBLE does not define marrage anywhere. it does discribe how people of that time were permitted to build families at that time!

Gays are FORCED to have relations outside of marriage because most cultures forbid them to marry.
Get it?
That is why they want to get married.
Marriage at the time was between a Rabbi and a couple - the government was not involved.
Why should they be now? If a particular denomination wants to marry gay perple let them!
Don't like it? Go to another church!
So simple!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Thank you sparrow, I also agree with you!

Jesus said a lot about judging one another.

Not a thing about homosexuality though.
Not big on judgemental folks though, ....no not a fan...

BTW people know more now than they did then. Have you at all noticed that? People may have had certain superstitions and cultural feelings just as they do today.Ane people some people were very very wrong! Still are today.

BUT JESUS IS GOD AND HE MADE NO MISTAKES! If HE WANTED to preach against gay people he would have. Jesus was not JUST a PERSON.
You however ARE.

And if you worship a BOOK, you are an idolator!
If you ask what Bible says about a give topic, and if your question is answered, then how is that judgment? It is not.

Jesus did not preach against anyone, he preached against sin, and sexual immorality is a sin. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity