Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,943,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you have the wrong end of the stick and purely looking for a fight over something that was not said or implied.
It was me who bolded someone else's quote.
Of cause you are not going to post what you think about Bush ,because you'd look quite foolish , jumping on someone about what you are doing yourself.I also apologize if you think i was judging the mans character , because i wasn't.
I am not looking for a fight. What I am looking for is logic and accountability. If people, whomever they are, are going to make allegations about someone's character, then they should be prepared to back that up with specific examples.

The fact that you think I am picking a fight when I ask for specifics is just disturbing. Why do people bother to waste their time on forums if they are not prepared to have productive discussions, which include acknowledging what other people say and responding with facts and examples, especially when asked.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Emotionalism is a doctrine which merely stresses the value of deeply felt responses or peculiarities engraved within the mind.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,230,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
who cares,we have had 2 of the worst Presidents in history,at a time when we at least needed the second one to help reverse the wrongs the first one did.
There is not much difference between dems and repubs anymore,ie-big gov't.I voted str lib.
BTW Clinton had a surplus when he handed over the country to Bush,so many forget.It took him and the repubs 8 yrs to Bushwhack it,but they did a fine job,tyvm.
and as far as the fake 'issue' of abortion-ie-just a way to pull in the prolife voters...that could have easily been reversed in the 90's when the repubs controlled it all.doesn't take much to fool the voters,does it.
and yes,I realize this thread is probably going to be axed...just my .02 worth.
Dems and Reps are one party, authoritarian crony capitalists. By lib do you mean libertarian?

BTW, don't fall for the Clinton surplus BS, the national debt grew every year. Accounting gimmicks and stock options are what caused a reduction in the deficit for 99-01.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Emotionalism is a doctrine which merely stresses the value of deeply felt responses or peculiarities engraved within the mind.
Or not. and I have never heard of emotionalism described as a "doctrine."

Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I am not looking for a fight. What I am looking for is logic and accountability. If people, whomever they are, are going to make allegations about someone's character, then they should be prepared to back that up with specific examples.

The fact that you think I am picking a fight when I ask for specifics is just disturbing. Why do people bother to waste their time on forums if they are not prepared to have productive discussions, which include acknowledging what other people say and responding with facts and examples, especially when asked.

Well who has made allegations about someone's character on this thread ?.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well who has made allegations about someone's character on this thread ?.
Great diversionary tactic.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
I have never heard of emotionalism described as a "doctrine."
Holiness or emotionalism, which draw crowds?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Great diversionary tactic.
No a simple question, who has ?. I have stated clearly what i think about President Obama , that he seems a likable bloke, but policy wise i disagree with him(do you consider this an attack on him ?) so who is your gripe with over the character allegations of Obama ?.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 PM

How are all of you preparing for the big end in 2012?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,230,368 times
Quote:
How are all of you preparing for the big end in 2012?
The same as I did on 12/31/1999. Laugh at everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity