Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 07:26 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

The absolute ignorance and refusal to learn enough psychology to understand the roots of our negative human emotions is very frustrating and extremely sad. Our negative human emotions have nothing to do with God . . . only reactions of our ego to hurt and our cumulatively frustrated self-centered desires. God has none of that, period!! You cannot use the words hate, anger, wrath, vengeance, envy, jealousy, greed, lust, sloth, etc. to describe anything about God. Only our ignorant ancestors who had no idea about the source of their own emotions attributed them to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The absolute ignorance and refusal to learn enough psychology to understand the roots of our negative human emotions is very frustrating and extremely sad. Our negative human emotions have nothing to do with God . . . only reactions of our ego to hurt and our cumulatively frustrated self-centered desires. God has none of that, period!! You cannot use the words hate, anger, wrath, vengeance, envy, jealousy, greed, lust, sloth, etc. to describe anything about God. Only our ignorant ancestors who had no idea about the source of their own emotions attributed them to God.
Hear hear Mystic!! Negative human emotions are just that, human and NOTHING to do with God.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
They all are very enlightening on the character of Christ but if I had to pick a particular set it would be Matt 10: 37-39.

Those are very good verses, Robin.

Do you think the Jews were set in their ways with their families and traditions? What was going on at that time? In order to be a true follower Christ they needed to love even their enemies. How would that go down among the Jews in Roman times? What do you think happened between families who were split up over following Christ and who wanted to follow his example and were trying to love their Roman enemies and those who expected a messiah who avenged, physically?

Jesus told them to love even the people of the Roman Empire. Jesus was talking crazy to them. They expected an avenger, but instead they got a messiah who told them to love.

That split a lot of families up, I can assure you. You cannot "see" the kingdom until you learn how to love like the Father loves.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
We all experience it in one form or another, Hate. Wheather small or large Hate is found in many disguises such as tolerance, political corretness, simple disagreements. We share the Word and we are labeled Haters. We share the Word and we are called intolerant. We share the Word and we are called many hateful names. You know Jesus warned us this and we experience it everyday. "Go and sin no more" we proclaim and in responce we are told "Judge ye not".

I try very hard to share the Word without my personal opinion but it is hard because many want to question my motif so I give my opinion and the I am attacked for my opinion.

Read the words of Christ, you know the red lettered word in your Bible and see just how torerant Jesus was. You may be surprised at just how intolerant He was and is. Before you attack, know the words of Christ because you are not attacking the person but Christ.
ABSOLUTELY IN AGREEMENT HERE!!

Old 12-04-2010, 06:53 PM

187 posts, read 196,104 times
When we speak to a person live, many things are quickly absorbed unconsciously in order to warm up or , understand that there may be possible differences in the groundwork of personal philosophy. One of those most important features is...patience.
Lets see if this can help the "consequence" of loving another in out- right perception of malice directed our way . Thus, giving an understandable foundation to the directive set, in love the enemy.

The human emotion in opinion will act as judge, as well executioner in self re behavior in human life.
When we retaliate, the judge and executioner, is refereed and judged by victim.

This leaves no reason for acute judge in self. The perpetrator, is railroaded into justification to another, other than self.
The over all result is non- development in self understanding for perpetrator .

Its patience, in others that allows others to understand through self , that holds a good part of the key to love thy neighbor. I don't believe it is an order without understanding that it is beneficial in many ways.
How is it then beneficial to ourselves ? Well, not being in containment of malice is no doubt part of the answer. There is another possibly.....
In patience to another, patience is exercised. Patience is then able through use to exact
patience on self. We need this quality in our everyday goof ups..In this way we can try to do better in a self patient way. The virtue of patience can then have a chance to snowball among society as a whole.

edit...referring to mindset , not corrective consequence in serious issues re safety of society

Last edited by ClearNight; 12-04-2010 at 07:19 PM..

Old 12-04-2010, 09:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Those are very good verses, Robin.

Do you think the Jews were set in their ways with their families and traditions? What was going on at that time? In order to be a true follower Christ they needed to love even their enemies. How would that go down among the Jews in Roman times? What do you think happened between families who were split up over following Christ and who wanted to follow his example and were trying to love their Roman enemies and those who expected a messiah who avenged, physically?

Jesus told them to love even the people of the Roman Empire. Jesus was talking crazy to them. They expected an avenger, but instead they got a messiah who told them to love.

That split a lot of families up, I can assure you. You cannot "see" the kingdom until you learn how to love like the Father loves.
And you cannot love like the father until you understand the Son, and you cannot understand the Son unless you know His character and you cannot know His character unless you accept His words as truth.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Mna is a sinner and hate is one of those sins .There are hetrs of all types of beliefs really.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I can agree with much of what you have said but God is the originator of our emotions but not how we use them, you know the whole free will thing and the whole chidren thing. God is eternal and perfect while we, even the most intelligent and learned are still children. No matter how much we try to show ourselves as mature we fail. Jesus, being perfect, got angry and flipped the tables, He was bother by their lack of understanding several times. God has emotions but He also has compassion as He has shown numerous times by His patience and constant warnings of distruction or enslavement throughout the Bible. We are all children no matter our age or education.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
We all experience it in one form or another, Hate. Wheather small or large Hate is found in many disguises such as tolerance, political corretness, simple disagreements. We share the Word and we are labeled Haters. We share the Word and we are called intolerant. We share the Word and we are called many hateful names. You know Jesus warned us this and we experience it everyday. "Go and sin no more" we proclaim and in responce we are told "Judge ye not".

I try very hard to share the Word without my personal opinion but it is hard because many want to question my motif so I give my opinion and the I am attacked for my opinion.

Read the words of Christ, you know the red lettered word in your Bible and see just how torerant Jesus was. You may be surprised at just how intolerant He was and is. Before you attack, know the words of Christ because you are not attacking the person but Christ.
Eli paid the price for tolerating the sin of his sons. It is a Christian duty to forgive, but it is also Christian duty to not tolerate sin and crime. I am in this situation today with a family member having stolen a lot of money from us, and refusing to repent.

1 Samuel 3:12-13 "In that day I will carry out against Eli all that I have spoken concerning his house, from beginning to end.
13"For I have told him that I am about to judge his house forever for the iniquity which he knew, because his sons brought a curse on themselves and he did not rebuke them

Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Eli paid the price for tolerating the sin of his sons. It is a Christian duty to forgive, but it is also Christian duty to not tolerate sin and crime. I am in this situation today with a family member having stolen a lot of money from us, and refusing to repent.

1 Samuel 3:12-13 "In that day I will carry out against Eli all that I have spoken concerning his house, from beginning to end.
13"For I have told him that I am about to judge his house forever for the iniquity which he knew, because his sons brought a curse on themselves and he did not rebuke them
I am sorry to hear that Finn, I too have been attacked and accused of several felonies since I had my stroke. They are all lies but it has caused me and my family much greif but all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity