Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times

Advertisements

Here's what this thread needs. A song.

Rich Mullins was one of my favorite guys (died in a car accident), and I KNOW Rich wouldn't have (even in these crazy times) been looking outward for a rapture or designing websites which talk about burning flesh. He would have been loving people, giving people every last penny he had, and hanging out on the Indian reservations (he was Native American) teaching them about true love until he took his last breath, and that's what he did. In fact, his biography is one of the reasons I stepped away from organized religion and started studying on my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjmWs...e_gdata_player
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 08:13 PM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Excerpt: We all have an inescapable appointment with death (Hebrews 9:27). Just as surely as we were born we will surely die. It is not pleasant to think about but it is something that will happen to all of us. It is a fact of life.

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/nail1.pdf

Read and be bless.

Betsey
Hi Betsey. The death of someone dear to you is sad because you will miss them until you are reunited with them in heaven (assuming they are saved). But I look forward to my own death, as death for the believer is a promotion. To be absent from the body is to be face to face with the Lord. For the spiritually mature believer, God provides dying grace, and it is a wonderful thing to cross over the golden bridge of dying grace from time to eternity.

But for the unbeliever, what a tragedy. For that person it means eternal separation from God in a place that can not be adequately described in human lanquage.

Yes, our time on this earth is short, and no one knows the time that God has set for their departure into eternity. Once death has occurred, your eternal destination is set and cannot be altered. The time to turn to the Lord for salvation is now. For any given reader of this post, there may not be a tomorrow for you personally in which to choose.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Betsey. The death of someone dear to you is sad because you will miss them until you are reunited with them in heaven (assuming they are saved). But I look forward to my own death as death for the believer is a promotion. To be absent from the body is to be face to face with the Lord. For the spiritually mature believer, God provides dying grace, and it is a wonderful thing to cross over the golden bridge of time to eternity.

But for the unbeliever, what a tragedy. For that person it means eternal separation from God in a place that can not be adequately described in human lanquage.

Yes, our time on this earth is short, and no one knows the time that God has set for their departure into eternity. Once death has occurred, your eternal destination is set and cannot be altered. The time to turn to the Lord for salvation is now. For any given reader of this post, there may not be a tomorrow for you personally in which to choose.
Love, not fear, Mike. People live in fear every day. You are offering nothing but more of the same.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:24 PM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Love, not fear, Mike. People live in fear every day. You are offering nothing but more of the same. Only, maybe worse.
All who die without Christ are eternally lost. The word of God declares that to be true. Do not presume to attempt to silence me.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Is it really the "article" that got you sooo bent out of shape? For all can be found within the very Bible you believe in, all of it, every word! Are you calling Christ a liar by stating what HE SAID is not true?

YES!! Absolutely no excuses!! Is it only the eyes you're using to look upon spiritual matters? Then I'm afraid you won't see! I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luke 13:3)

He said that! Your heavenly, loving Father said that! Maybe it's time to have a long chat with Him? Because I can ASSURE you, your argument's..... it's not with ME, amen?

Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
All who die without Christ are eternally lost. The word of God declares that to be true. Do not presume to attempt to silence me.
More of the same.

Quote:
Is it really

And the "article" that got you sooo bent out of shape? For all can be found within the very Bible you believe in, all of it, every word!Are you calling Christ a liar by stating what HE SAID is not true?

YES!! Absolutely no excuse!!Is it only the eyes you're using to look upon spiritual matters? Then I'm afraid you won't see! I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luke 13:3)
They did, Betsey.

And I will continue to get bent out of shape (tell the truth) whenever I see stuff like this.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
More of the same.

They did, Betsey.

And I will continue to get bent out of shape (tell the truth) whenever I see stuff like this.
Then herefornow, talk to the Father, I simply quoted HIM. For it appears by your confession, you and HIM may have some unfinished business, some catching up to do, yes? While there's yet breath, in your body? I pray.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Then herefornow, talk to the Father, I simply quoted HIM.
Betsey, you did not quote Christ. You quoted an English translation of the original scriptures. And you, just like many of us out there who've been in your shoes, have heaped teachers upon yourself (like all of us have) who tell you what those scriptures mean.

This is my question to you: Do you know what love is?

And, no, no unfinished business. I'm just getting to know Christ, finally.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Hi Betsey. The death of someone dear to you is sad because you will miss them until you are reunited with them in heaven (assuming they are saved). But I look forward to my own death, as death for the believer is a promotion. To be absent from the body is to be face to face with the Lord. For the spiritually mature believer, God provides dying grace, and it is a wonderful thing to cross over the golden bridge of dying grace from time to eternity.

I do understand it so well. After the passing of my mother, I was so saddened. Saddened that she won't be here with me physically to see her grand babies grow up, to whisper in her ear, to hug, to hold her....yet, I KNOW without a doubt I will see her again!

I'll find her in one of those many rooms, in His mansion that He has prepared for us! That He is coming, even at the door, to take us to reign with Him forever!! Hallelujah to our soon coming King!!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Betsey, you did not quote Christ. You quoted an English translation of the original scriptures. And you, just like many of us out there who've been in your shoes, have heaped teachers upon yourself (like all of us have) who tell you what those scriptures mean.

This is my question to you: Do you know what love is?

And, no, no unfinished business. I'm just getting to know Christ, finally.
I'm glad that you're getting to know Christ, really! And yes, I know what love is herefornow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity