Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,042 times

Advertisements

Getting back to the OP, yesterday on the radio I heard this wonderful song, "I Need You" by Leann Rimes that I've been playing on youtube for a few months now so I wanted to share it with you.

When I hear the words, I think of my Heavenly Father and how much I love Him and He loves me and so hearing it again, well, here come the tears. I hope each and everyone of you who love Him have this same deep devotion with all your heart and soul that I do, as I know He feels the same about you. Blessings and Happy New Year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFZvngVwKQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 07:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
No Finn the rich man wanted the "living water" Jesus Christ who is the living water and who drinks of him will never thirst again.
That is pretty far fetched, but if it was true then it only proves my point, because the answer to his request for water was a stern "NO". Lazarus could not cross over to bring the water, because no one can cross over from one side to the other.

At this point the rich man realized it was too late for him, so he begged for his brothers, so they would not end up in the same place, and the answer to that was that his brothers need to listen to the truth.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is pretty far fetched, but if it was true then it only proves my point, because the answer to his request for water was a stern "NO". Lazarus could not cross over to bring the water, because no one can cross over from one side to the other.

At this point the rich man realized it was too late for him, so he begged for his brothers, so they would not end up in the same place, and the answer to that was that his brothers need to listen to the truth.
Really? Too late? I don't think so. The gifts of God are WITHOUT REPENTANCE. Ever read the story of the Prodigal son???

The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price. - Revelation 22:17

Old 12-31-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Really? Too late? I don't think so. The gifts of God are WITHOUT REPENTANCE. Ever read the story of the Prodigal son???

It was not too late for the prodigal son, because he was still alive. The rich man was dead, and it was too late.

Quote:
The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price. - Revelation 22:17

Revelation 22 talks about times before 2nd coming, and the message is to the living "“Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll" and again in verse 13 “Look, I am coming soon!", and again in verse 23 “Yes, I am coming soon.”

The Lord is coming soon. Drink while you live, and be victorious. The rich man WANTED to drink after he had died, but he was told it is not possible, it wa too late. Drink now, my friends.

Revelation 21 : “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,798 times
Quote:
No, not true. Hades is hades, and hell is hell, they are two different places. After Jesus died he took the believers from hades with him to heaven, and at this time only unbelievers and fallen angels occupy hades.

If you don't believe that people ask for water on their tongue because they are thirsty, then what can I say? It is typical of a UR to go on argueing something that.

I see what YOU are telling me, but that is the first time I see such statements, so why do you claim this is what Chiristians teach? You are obviously putting words in other people's mouths.
Finn,
just to clarify...
since I've frequented several evangelical/fundamental groups in the past, I think I can say that I know how they read the Lazarus parable:

1: It is not a parable, but a literal example of what happens at death: heaven or hell. No sleeping allowed. If you die today, you will be able to visit with one of the two groups.

2: Hades and hell are the same; any effort to make distinctions is of the devil and is anathema.

3: All fundamentalist/evangelical Christians are represented by Lazarus. All other people are represented by the rich man.

This has been my own experience. I sincerely hope you have had a different experience; I can only speak of what I have seen and heard while frequenting these groups. (I was a bit blunt, but the idea is accurate.)

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Finn,
just to clarify...
since I've frequented several evangelical/fundamental groups in the past, I think I can say that I know how they read the Lazarus parable
It is quite irreleveant what your former group told you, since the truth is in the Bible.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,798 times
Quote:
It is quite irreleveant what your former group told you, since the truth is in the Bible.
Thank you, Finn. I agree!

Just yesterday I was bashed by a you-tuber fundie who told me I was a satanist all because I told him that Jesus is for peace, not dropping bombs on Arabs. A very unpleasant conversation..

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thank you, Finn. I agree!

Just yesterday I was bashed by a you-tuber fundie who told me I was a satanist all because I told him that Jesus is for peace, not dropping bombs on Arabs. A very unpleasant conversation..

Blessings!
Brian
And I was bashed by a UR who told me that my God is the devil. Nothing new under the sun....

Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 AM

823 posts, read 1,406,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Getting back to the OP, yesterday on the radio I heard this wonderful song, "I Need You" by Leann Rimes that I've been playing on youtube for a few months now so I wanted to share it with you.

When I hear the words, I think of my Heavenly Father and how much I love Him and He loves me and so hearing it again, well, here come the tears. I hope each and everyone of you who love Him have this same deep devotion with all your heart and soul that I do, as I know He feels the same about you. Blessings and Happy New Year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFZvngVwKQ
I love that song too It's wonderful to have found a new heart and that God's Love can cleanse us and make us anew!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,368,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why the command . . ."Love God with all your heart . . ."?

This is like asking why the law of gravity. LOVE is the "vibe" of God's consciousness and if our consciousnesses are to ever join His they must achieve some harmonic resonance of His "vibe" of love. Like the physical law of gravity . . . violate it and there are physical consequences. Fail to love and there are spiritual consequences. NONE of them involve punishment of any kind whatsoever . . . just stupidity or failure.

Not wanting to change the subject but this is the message that is learned by many people who have had a NDE (near death experience).
Love is all that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity