Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM

914 posts, read 1,808,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Where was God when I lost my job and couldn't find another one?
Where was God when I lost my apartment?
Where was God when I had to move back to my home state where there haven't been any jobs for the past 10 years?
Where was God when I had to leave my friends?
Where was God when my step dad said that I was not welcome in his house?
Where was God when I was berated by my step dad for not having a job?
Where was God when I had to use a credit card to buy my asthma medication?
Where was God when I lost my health insurance and had to buy really awful health insurance?

He was probably watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy because its captivating and 6 years long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67toshi View Post
Well, I'd like to see Him do SOMETHING, anything! How would you feel if the police showed up just before someone shot up a classroom full of children and did nothing to stop it? What about if a high rise apartment caught fire and the firemen just leaned against their trucks and watched it, and the tenants, burn? What if someone slid off an embankment and had to try and climb back up 50' with two broken legs, while the EMS team sat on the guard rail shouting ''come on you can do it!''. How about if a passer-by came upon someone contemplating jumping off a bridge and agreed with the jumper that, yeah, maybe it's the best answer in your case?

Would you PRAISE those ''saviors''? Is that how you would treat your fellow man? Or a loved one? Well, God does this EVERY DAY! Watch all sorts of horrors affecting mankind and shrugs and say ''Whoops, not My fault!''

With ''love'' like that who needs Satan?

Do you think your analogy has anything to do with what God should or shouldn't do?

If you see a butterfly struggling in a cocoon, do you think it is love to go rip open the cocoon to help it, even though by doing so you will likely kill it?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM

28 posts, read 43,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Where was God when I lost my job and couldn't find another one?
Where was God when I lost my apartment?
Where was God when I had to move back to my home state where there haven't been any jobs for the past 10 years?
Where was God when I had to leave my friends?
Where was God when my step dad said that I was not welcome in his house?
Where was God when I was berated by my step dad for not having a job?
Where was God when I had to use a credit card to buy my asthma medication?
Where was God when I lost my health insurance and had to buy really awful health insurance?

THe compassion of God, Jesus and Buddha are there when no one else would love you. When you learn where and how to look for it, ask for it, you find it.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM

28 posts, read 43,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67toshi View Post
Well, I'd like to see Him do SOMETHING, anything! How would you feel if the police showed up just before someone shot up a classroom full of children and did nothing to stop it? What about if a high rise apartment caught fire and the firemen just leaned against their trucks and watched it, and the tenants, burn? What if someone slid off an embankment and had to try and climb back up 50' with two broken legs, while the EMS team sat on the guard rail shouting ''come on you can do it!''. How about if a passer-by came upon someone contemplating jumping off a bridge and agreed with the jumper that, yeah, maybe it's the best answer in your case?

Would you PRAISE those ''saviors''? Is that how you would treat your fellow man? Or a loved one? Well, God does this EVERY DAY! Watch all sorts of horrors affecting mankind and shrugs and say ''Whoops, not My fault!''

With ''love'' like that who needs Satan?

People pass judgement on God more than anybody. THe vast majority of people on the planet have absolutely no faith in him as a loving entitiy. He gets lied about, denied any compassion, his compassion for man goes unnoticed, his people gets murdered for claiming to know his love, and for refusing to lie about him, and he gets cast into the lake of fire more than anybody that has ever existed.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,554,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-H View Post
People pass judgement on God more than anybody. THe vast majority of people on the planet have absolutely no faith in him as a loving entitiy. He gets lied about, denied any compassion, his compassion for man goes unnoticed, his people gets murdered for claiming to know his love, and for refusing to lie about him, and he gets cast into the lake of fire more than anybody that has ever existed.

We all know about forgiveness and can forgive others and ourselves. But, nobody ever thinks to forgive God, do they? That's unfair because usually God's only "crime" is being God.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,946,366 times
hey redroses... are you doing ok? I haven't seen you post since you posted this. Just checking on you and hope you are all right. Hang in there.
peace to you,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity