Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
So basically we are free to live however we choose, ignore every word in the bible, and still be saved in the end ? Wow what a great deal ! Sounds like something Satan would try to sell.

Why do you say "wow what a great deal!"

I hope you answer, I'd like to see what you have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM

422 posts, read 649,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why do you say "wow what a great deal!"

I hope you answer, I'd like to see what you have to say.
It would be like saying I NEVER have to lift a finger at work or even show up but collect a paycheck at the end. In case it was unclear I was being sarcastic. Like I said. it is thou surely will not die repackaged.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Quote:
It would be like saying I NEVER have to lift a finger at work or even show up but collect a paycheck at the end. In case it was unclear I was being sarcastic. Like I said. it is thou surely will not die repackaged.
Is that what you think it's all about...?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:

Along this line of reasoning, there really is no case for any christian doctrine not adding up to the same type of repackagement.

As far as I am concerned I believe in scriptural system of accountability for what we do.

Since scripture testifies that if a person does not uphold the law at any point they might as well have broken all of them.

Despite the doctrines of acceptance of Christ and repentance, all I hear is all Christian theology making excuses for mans inability to be wholly perfect and to adhere to the law 100%.

What excuses can we hear?

"Once saved always saved" "God knows a persons intent" "no one is perfect" "Jesus forgives" "I keep the 10 commandments and that is the only laws we have to worry about" "I'm perfect in Christ" I am sure if we are honest and think, we can come up with more.

From my perspective of scripture no one is able to keep the the entire law of God. So if the doctrines of any kind of eternal separation from God are true, then no one will get in and we only have millions and billions of "believers" thinking that of course "they" get in.

It was that realization of truth that actually led me to believe just how great Gods love is, because if his justice is really like what most of Christianity professes it to be, there isn't one believer that's gonna make it.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,999 times
Quote:
Sounds like the workers in the vineyard repackaged.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Well, of course once believers put on immortality they will never die.

And yes, of course, once a person does believe they can "never have to lift a finger at work or even show up but collect a paycheck at the end." Or do you believe we are not saved by grace but by works?

The way God saves is like this:
He has a business. Out in front of His business he has a billboard where He puts up Hiring notices.
His notice would be something like this:
Wanted:
Stupid ones of the world
Weak ones
Ignoble ones
Contemptable ones
Nobodies

If you qualify for any of the above We want to talk to you!
1Co 1:27-29 but the stupid ones of the world God chooses, that He may
be disgracing the wise, and the weak ones of the world God chooses, that
He may be disgracing the strong, (28) and the ignoble and the
contemptible ones of the world God chooses, and those who are nobodies,
that He may be discarding that which are somebodies, (29) so that no
flesh at all should be boasting in God's sight.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
That is correct. This has been the point that has been brought up time and again.

There isn't much different between "thou surely will not die" and "all paths lead to God"

Old 03-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is correct. This has been the point that has been brought up time and again.

There isn't much different between "thou surely will not die" and "all paths lead to God"
twin.spin, after reading the above I understand you believe God is a homosexual. After all, if you still believe, after all we have said in this thread that true Christian Universalism does NOT TEACH THAT ALL PATHS LEAD TO GOD and that we don't believe "thou surely will not die" yet you still make the above statement then I am just as justified in saying your belief from what you have said is you believe God is a homosexual. It is just that absurd!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
twin.spin, after reading the above I understand you believe God is a homosexual. After all, if you still believe, after all we have said in this thread that true Christian Universalism does NOT TEACH THAT ALL PATHS LEAD TO GOD and that we don't believe "thou surely will not die" yet you still make the above statement then I am just as justified in saying your belief from what you have said is you believe God is a homosexual. It is just that absurd!

Well, I am sure this thread will now get closed.

And I did respond to your idiotic statement in your own thread, which probably insulted EVERY single Christian, UR ET or AN.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, I am sure this thread will now get closed.

And I did respond to your idiotic statement in your own thread, which probably insulted EVERY single Christian, UR ET or AN.
It wasn't an idiotic statement. It was mirroring what they are doing to Christian Universalists. If you believe I insulted them then you must believe they insult us in what they say about us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity