Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 01:19 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,937 times

Advertisements

John 13

Jesus Washes His Disciples’ Feet

1 Before the Passover celebration, Jesus knew that his hour had come to leave this world and return to his Father. He had loved his disciples during his ministry on earth, and now he loved them to the very end. 2 It was time for supper, and the devil had already prompted Judas, son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God. 4 So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.

6 When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.”
8 “No,” Peter protested, “you will never ever wash my feet!”
Jesus replied, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to me.” 9 Simon Peter exclaimed, “Then wash my hands and head as well, Lord, not just my feet!”

Hahaahaaaaa... Peter is such an awesome brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:23 PM

2,132 posts, read 4,921,121 times
Too bad they didn't have one of these

Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,647,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
John 13

1 Before the Passover celebration, Jesus knew that his hour had come to leave this world and return to his Father. He had loved his disciples during his ministry on earth, and now he loved them to the very end. 2 It was time for supper, and the devil had already prompted Judas, son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God. 4 So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.

6 When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.”
Jesus replied, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to me.” 9 Simon Peter exclaimed, “Then wash my hands and head as well, Lord, not just my feet!”

Amen! And this is the type of love we need to be showing for each other. It is his 11th commandment.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Amen! And this is the type of love we need to be showing for each other. It is his 11th commandment.
Yes indeed. There is nothing like our fellowship, that is with the Father, and His Son. Heaven is going to be so awesome! Forever we will fellowship and love each other and it's all because and about... the Lamb.

I love my brothers and sisters sooo much! and I want to help bring in even more "brothers and sisters"!!!

Glory to the Lamb.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM

563 posts, read 930,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
John 13

Amen, this is good, the right attitude.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeAwBmb_x28

Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Amen, this is good, the right attitude.
Give me a big hug

Let's bow down before the throne together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity