Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
some understanding
Zec. chapter 11 verses 10 to 13 speaks of God breaking His covenant with all the people. And then asked to have His price considered. Which turns out to be 30 pieces of silver.

When was God's covenant broken? And who paid the 30 pieces of silver for God's price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 PM

151 posts, read 154,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Who said that some were fabricated? What proof can you offer us to suggest that belief is true?
Sure i will use just this one; Psalms 22:16 as i tried to explain in post 101, the copyist used the word pierced instead of the original word kari which is to mean like lions, not pierced as to make it seem like it would refer to some even that some think it is or did. And if any thing is change from that of the original that is and would be classified as fabricated or even to the extent, if you would call a spade a spade then it is just out right a lie, deceptive, etc.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Zec. chapter 11 verses 10 to 13 speaks of God breaking His covenant with all the people. And then asked to have His price considered. Which turns out to be 30 pieces of silver.

When was God's covenant broken? And who paid the 30 pieces of silver for God's price?
Mr. or Mrs Campbell34 I am dealing with Isaiah 53 at this time , however i would be glad to join you on another thread on that matter, just trying to stay within context of the subject.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
both; I get them from the scriptures as well, but i do not add or take from, even with my interpretation i do with reasoning of context, so that i want get out of context.
As do I...who is right?

Quote:
truth and understanding
As we all do. Now, as I asked before, can you provide an exegesis of why you believe the way you do in regards to post # 102, instead of what you have thus provided so far?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Sure i will use just this one; Psalms 22:16 as i tried to explain in post 101, the copyist used the word pierced instead of the original word kari which is to mean like lions, not pierced as to make it seem like it would refer to some even that some think it is or did. And if any thing is change from that of the original that is and would be classified as fabricated or even to the extent, if you would call a spade a spade then it is just out right a lie, deceptive, etc.

Of course the oldest orginal is found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, and these Scrolls predate Christianity. And they clearly say "pierced" And as you have stated. If anything is changed from the original that is and would be classified as fabricated. Consider the link below.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Psalm-2...n-pierced.html

Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Can you use the old test only to prove your statement on each verse, such as How do you know that chapter 53 is talking about a son of god, and a man to come? can you show that? who is doing the talking, within each verse and how is it that you come to the conclusions of your statements. Can you prove it within the old test only?
Clearly Isaiah 53:11 tells us that this man will bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. What historical person could fill that bill? And why does Isaiah 53:3 tell us he would be despised by the Jewish people? Who could that be? And why does Isaiah 53:8 tell us he was killed because of the Jewish people? Who could this be?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
That is a very interesting post, Cant. Is this a fair summary?

There was a servant who was treated very badly, but he carried out his job very well and did not complain.

After he died, the Lord said that in the future he would be extra nice to the servant's offspring and the servant's tribe.

In the end, the Lord said he would give the servant "a portion among the great", but I don't understand what that means because the servant is already dead. Oh well, better late than never.

So what is the moral to this story? If we live our life well but do not receive rewards when we are alive, we should not despair, because our children and our other loved ones will benefit from what we did.
My answer was going strictly on what was written in Isaiah 53:1-12. I guess one could say yes your is a fair summary. Except to me the He that the Isaiah is referring to becomes a servant and it looks like a servant of god is someone who completed a task god wanted to happen. It was a task that warranted his ..um I mean the "he" Isaiah is referring to ..his death. His being accused of being wicked, made some sort of outcast led to his death and was what god wanted all along so he could die for the iniquities and transgressions of them all and more to come. It doesn't look to me like he was a servant until he completed what god wanted to happen which was to die.

The portion among the great, although it doesn't specifically say in the chapter where he went after he died, but to me it seems that he will be be with dead who god considers to be great. It also seems he will be given the responsibility of separating the spoils from the strong meaning he will separate the good from the bad or the weak in obeying god from the strong who obey god.

Well that's what I take it the writer is saying and I think you summed it up quite fairly too.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:42 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,893,139 times
Thanks again for your comments, Cant.

Even though I am an atheist, I think the bible is a wonderful book because it tells the story of people developing the religious beliefs that have been the framework of our Western civilization. You have explained Isaiah 53 very well.

I have to admit, the bible is not as easy to read as "The DaVinci Code".

Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Clearly Isaiah 53:11 tells us that this man will bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. What historical person could fill that bill? And why does Isaiah 53:3 tell us he would be despised by the Jewish people? Who could that be? And why does Isaiah 53:8 tell us he was killed because of the Jewish people? Who could this be?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
As do I...who is right?

As we all do. Now, as I asked before, can you provide an exegesis of why you believe the way you do in regards to post # 102, instead of what you have thus provided so far?
Well, like i stated earlier it is not about who is wrong or right, but for a learning experience; pertaining to Isaiah 53:6, We (the kings of nation, the leaders) is speaking a metaphor of themselves, and the The MOST HIGH visited upon him (the Israelite, the Jews, or tribes) the guilt (the way they treated the Israelites, the Jews) of all of us (the Kings of nation, the leaders) for the most important part is to know and understand who is doing the talking. and like i stated Ezekiel 34:5-6,& 21 was to shed light of whom was speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity