Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
Evil is not to be thought of only in terms of those who commit monstrous acts - a serial killer, a Hitler, etc..., but rather evil is the modus operendi of Satan as the ruler of this world. And as such, evil involves not only sin, but also human good. You might ask how can that which is good be evil. Humanly speaking, if something is good then it's good. But from the absolute standpoint of an infinitely holy God, any good produced by the relative human righteousness of man does not measure up to His standards and must be rejected as evil. The unbeliever can only be seen by God as evil.

That seed of hatred sown inside you is what will allow you to kill your brothers when the heat is turned up to high. You will justify your actions while thinking you are doing God a service. Perhaps it is necessary that a number of people actually believe the way you do in order to bring the whole world to the death of crucifixion. I mean if everyone were full of mercy, who would do all the killing? I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm serious -- God has been showing me why these things must be. Jesus understood it. He was willingly obedient unto death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 03:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

That seed of hatred sown inside you is what will allow you to kill your brothers when the heat is turned up to high. You will justify your actions while thinking you are doing God a service
. Perhaps it is necessary that a number of people actually believe the way you do in order to bring the whole world to the death of crucifixion. I mean if everyone were full of mercy, who would do all the killing? I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm serious -- God has been showing me why these things must be. Jesus understood it. He was willingly obedient unto death.
Proverbs 16:25

'There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,724 times
Sometimes I fear we just have not gotten very far away from the mind-sets that drove the Salem witch hunts.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

That seed of hatred sown inside you is what will allow you to kill your brothers when the heat is turned up to high. You will justify your actions while thinking you are doing God a service. Perhaps it is necessary that a number of people actually believe the way you do in order to bring the whole world to the death of crucifixion. I mean if everyone were full of mercy, who would do all the killing? I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm serious -- God has been showing me why these things must be. Jesus understood it. He was willingly obedient unto death.
Perhaps you are referring to my statements on capital punishment and about killing the enemy in warfare. These are both Biblically mandated and are principles of divine establishment which pertain to the protection of human freedom. God established the principles of human freedom and nationalism. In order to preserve human freedom God mandated capital punishment for certain crimes to protect the national entity from attacks on freedom from within, and warfare to protect the national entity from attacks on freedom from without. These principles did not change when Jesus Christ who is God became man. The Jesus Christ who spoke of love is the same Jesus Christ who before His incarnation, slew in one of His preincarnate appearances as the angel of the LORD (that's just a title), a 185,000 Assyrians in a single night (2 Kings 19:35). And He is the same Jesus Christ who will when He returns to the earth slay-kill the armies of the antichrist who are attacking Israel and then remove from the earth all unbelievers. The Millennial Kingdom of God will begin with believers only. God's love and His justice are compatable. His love does not negate the demands of His justice.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-27-2011 at 04:29 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Millennial Kingdom of God will begin with believers only. God's love and His justice are compatable. His love does not negate the demands of His justice.
An eerie reminder of the Religious persecution in the 16th century...the same mindset in action believing they were burning people at the stakes in the name of God.

Peace!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
An eerie reminder of the Religious persecution in the 16th century...the same mindset in action believing they were burning people at the stakes in the name of God.

Peace!
What you are talking about has nothing to do with the issue of capital punishment of the criminal who murders, or of defence of the nation in warfare. These things are ordained by God and are good and just. Not evil.

The Scriptures declare that Jesus Christ will utterly destroy His enemies when He returns. Zech 14:3; 2 Thess 1:6-9; Rev 19:11-19

Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
I don't believe in the concepts of "good" or "evil". What is, is.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
His love does not negate the demands of His justice.
Heaven's peace and perfect justice at Calvary kissed a guilty world in love. One day you will discover this my friend and be in great remorse that you never taught this.

A divine exchange took place at Calvary many are living in the experience of it right now, many are asleep to this reality including christians. All will come.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God 2 Cor 5:21

Old 02-27-2011, 07:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Cain, Moses and David all committed acts of murder, which according to the ancient laws of retaliation created by man, these men would have been put to death; life for a life.
However, God spared their lives. In addition, let us not forget the woman who was supposedly caught in adultery and Jesus’ response to the situation that mandated the death penalty.

Although there are those who will explain, justify, or defend it:
"If something is not good, right or just, one hundred percent of the time, than it’s not truth."

Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, but they still had to let you. They could've insisted on paying you back and that would have been refusing the gift.

No, they didn't have to let me, I paid the electric company directly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity