Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:45 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
There are other religions besides Christianity. Get a grip.
The Bible that you refer to, is the one used by Christians containing both the Hebrew and Christian scriptures.

The Jewish Bible, not surprisingly; does not contain The Christian scriptures. Our faith was built on theirs - not the other way around. They follow the Torah.

Jews and others, have their OWN sacred texts.

Deal with it.

Moderator cut: edit
Only the indwelling, literal Spirit of God can change a heart from its natural, human state ("The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?:-Jer 17:9) to one which is capable of loving without reservation.

And that Spirit of God is ONLY accessible through faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Actually, it doesn't... It just says it's a free gift.
Any gift has to be accepted by the recipient. Otherwise, it just sits there unopened.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Jesus Christ this is some negative stuff. Yes, we don't know evil on the scale that some do like in Rwanda or other places but let me tell you I've been privy to plenty of evil and it's scary. There's lots of evil right in our own backyards and we don't need to look to foreign countries to find it. It's here, and it's real.

That said, evil will be done away with, thank God that in his infinite plan of salvation for all that none of that sick stuff will exist on the next plane. That's something to really look forward to.

But, have you seen the evil in your own heart? It's easy to see it in others, but we don't want to recognize our own.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
"I know where the evil lies, inside of your heart"

Lou Reed

Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Any gift has to be accepted by the recipient. Otherwise, it just sits there unopened.
Not true, I have paid someones electric bill as a surprise, a total gift and they didn't have to accept the fact that I did it.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
I am no more evil than Adam and Eve were. I was not born evil or created to grow up and refer to myself as a "filthy rag". I was made in the image of God who is love and has no evil in him. If man becomes evil, or his "selfrighteousness is as a filthy rag", it is his own doing, not Gods.

For many years I allowed man's doctrines of hate, fear and evilness keep me from basking in the pure unconditional love of God that brought such peace to me that can only come from a love strong enough and pure enough that binds spirit to spirit, man to man, tribe to tribe and nation to nation.

I have many shortcomings/sins daily because I am human and make many poor decisions, but I never lose the love and forgiveness of the one who created me out of love.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
No;I am not evil but I am a sinner as are all mankind.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am no more evil than Adam and Eve were. I was not born evil or created to grow up and refer to myself as a "filthy rag". I was made in the image of God who is love and has no evil in him. If man becomes evil, or his "selfrighteousness is as a filthy rag", it is his own doing, not Gods.

For many years I allowed man's doctrines of hate, fear and evilness keep me from basking in the pure unconditional love of God that brought such peace to me that can only come from a love strong enough and pure enough that binds spirit to spirit, man to man, tribe to tribe and nation to nation.

I have many shortcomings/sins daily because I am human and make many poor decisions, but I never lose the love and forgiveness of the one who created me out of love.
It comes down to the age old question by Satan: "Did God really say....."

Did God say this :
I am no more evil than Adam and Eve were. I was not born evil or created to grow up and refer to myself as a "filthy rag".

or did God really say this:
"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags
;"

believing God's Word is the best idea

Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Twin I do believe God's word.. It is written in my heart now and goes above and beyond what He has shown me in many of the scriptures. Many of the scriptures fed me the milk for many years, but recognizing and listening to the Holy Spirit within myself has fed me the meat..

There came a time when I knew it was time for me to put aside the arguing, the debating, the quoting, the studying, the commentaries and the sermons of man and focus on Him and His desires of what His will was for my life and for those who are in my life or just passing through my life.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM

200 posts, read 252,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

Well said, Miss Blue. The denomination in which I was raised taught me to view myself as evil and unworthy of God's love for us. What a way to grow up, horribly afraid to feel good about accomplishments for fear of becoming prideful and stealing the glory from God, feeling so unworthy of any blessing that came my way that I literally wished I hadn't been blessed, ensuring that I never developed any self-esteem because that would be idolatry. Good News? Whatever. Now I've put all that aside, but it's a struggle to bask in that unconditional love because of old habits.

Some on this board say that God hates most of us and is quite sorry he ever created us because of our evil nature. Well, quote all the scripture you'd like. I refuse to believe that's how we are and that's how God sees us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity