Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 06:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It's impossible for man to experience agape love in the sense of giving, but as His vessels we should at least see the Price paid for them when we look at others.

I believe of course that as the new nature completely envelopes us, we will know what it's like to love like He does - if we know as we're known, then understanding will flood our beings about why people are the way they are; we'll know what drove the druggy to get strung out, what defect is the pedophile to cause him to be the way he is, the truth about hurting people hurting people, etc.
Hi little elmer, i am convinced that when we love our neighbor as ourselves we love like God does, love is the fulfillment of the law(Romans 13:10), this i believe is how Jesus fulfilled the law "I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17).Of cause knowing God loves us unconditionally and loving ourselves unconditionally is the power and effectiveness of the love of God within us.Just to reiterate this is only possible by only seeing God in your neighbor.

The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.Matt 25:40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hi little elmer, i am convinced that when we love our neighbor as ourselves we love like God does, love is the fulfillment of the law(Romans 13:10), this i believe is how Jesus fulfilled the law "I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17).Of cause knowing God loves us unconditionally and loving ourselves unconditionally is the power and effectiveness of the love of God within us.Just to reiterate this is only possible by only seeing God in your neighbor.

The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.Matt 25:40
Absolutely lovely post, pcamps!

Seeing God in everyone. God saw Himself in me when He saved me, and pulled me out of the pit!
I'm sure that if He could pull me out, He'll pull out the others, too!

Here's me:
"19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. 20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" Psalm 107

All throughout the Bible, we see how God disciplines, and is full of mercy. He is not wroth for ever. His anger is but for a moment.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Does God only love those who love Him?

Does God's love for man stop when he dies?

If man doesn't love God, and doesn't come to the Light, then how is man saved?

Hope to see everyone's thoughts!

Blessings,
brian

If God only loved those who love him, his reward concerning mankind would be zilch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity