Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 02:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,566,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Two hands physically working does more, than two hands put together in prayer will ever do." --ptsum

I love quotes, they speak volumes.
The most common occurance of this quote is "Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer". In reality, it could be more than millions clasped in prayer.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The most common occurance of this quote is "Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."
In reality, it could be more than millions clasped in prayer.
Where two or three are gathered!

Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM

342 posts, read 541,339 times
The Earth itself is literrally "growning".....Not surprising.... of all the things we are seeing today with greater frequency and intensity: earthquakes, floods ,famine, pestilence, diseases,poverty,fear,wars,dishonesty,immorality, love of pleasure and money,increased knowledge etc......It was foretold by Jesus Christ Matt:24.....These things will come to pass and mark the beginning of sorrows in the "End Times"....God will pass Judgement on the whole earth as we approach the Tribulation and the Wrath of God.....Caused by God????....No..... these are "the results" of the Sins of Mankind and the Evil One....The rain falls on the Just and the Unjust alike....We live in a "Fallen World"....Thus all HELL BREAKS LOOSE

Old 03-12-2011, 03:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
The Earth itself is literrally "growning".....Not surprising.... of all the things we are seeing today with greater frequency and intensity: earthquakes, floods ,famine, pestilence, diseases,poverty,fear,wars,dishonesty,immorality, love of pleasure and money,increased knowledge etc......It was foretold by Jesus Christ Matt:24.....These things will come to pass and mark the beginning of sorrows in the "End Times"....God will pass Judgment on the whole earth as we approach the Tribulation and the Wrath of God.....Caused by God????....No..... these are "the results" of the Sins of Mankind and the Evil One....The rain falls on the Just and the Unjust alike....We live in a "Fallen World"....Thus all HELL BREAKS LOOSE
Passionately compelling, having a strong desire within the minds of men or women; holding them captive.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:38 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,555,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God has hit Northern Japan with an Earthquake and Tsunami. Remember our plight and pray for mercy.
I feel very sorry for you if you honestly "think" that way; IF it makes you feel any better......it was "da gays" fault:roll eyes:>>>>>>

The 7 Craziest Things Ever Blamed on Homosexuals

Old 03-13-2011, 01:06 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,042,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I feel very sorry for you if you honestly "think" that way; IF it makes you feel any better......it was "da gays" fault:roll eyes:>>>>>>

The 7 Craziest Things Ever Blamed on Homosexuals
I feel sorry for everyone but that is besides the point. The point is that this is a Christianity forum and as proven from scripture, God is the one that struck Japan with the Earthquake and Tsunami.

Nobody has presented from scripture anything contrary. Nobody in this thread has presented a scripture that shows natural events such as earthquakes and such are of any other source.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,694,076 times
How about:

..the whole creation groans and travails under the weight of sin. (Romans 8:18-22).

pretty good indication that MAN is doing it,not God.
I suspect sin has a physical effect to it,that causes strain upon the earth.

(please no snarky comments..JMO!)

Old 03-13-2011, 06:16 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I feel sorry for everyone but that is besides the point. The point is that this is a Christianity forum and as proven from scripture, God is the one that struck Japan with the Earthquake and Tsunami.

Nobody has presented from scripture anything contrary. Nobody in this thread has presented a scripture that shows natural events such as earthquakes and such are of any other source.
LOL

You have presented God has evil and it's been refuted time and time again

On the one hand you talk about us being accountable and then on the other hand you are saying God creates the evil, if this is so how can we be acountable ?.
Can God who is good be evil ?.Isaiah 5:20

I will also remind you, that you have not answered any questions put to you apart from attributing what happened in Japan to God.

Yes God is in control, because he abides in his word.

I have been looking for this scripture for weeks, but thrown off by thinking of the wrong search word. After reading this you will see that God is not in the earthquake, believe me i had forgotten a earthquake was mentioned in this passage

11The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. 1 Kings 19

trettep the cave Elijah represents the secret place of God, when you go in the cave you will see the truth before your very eyes if you wait long enough, with an open heart. Elijah pulled his cloak over his face, it was pretty glorious the glory shining over that revelation that God is in the gentle whisper.

The gentle whisper is the word of God that is where God abides,the places that God say's he's not in are the places the carnal mind believes God is in and seeks him there. Read John 4. If you are in an earthquake God is there in you, yes even in the unbeliever,He's an ever present help in times of trouble (whoever calls on the name of the shall be saved). He even helped Cain a murderer in his distress of being sent out of the land. His mercy is all around us if you have eyes to see it.

How long is it going to be before you quit blaming God for all the ill's in yourself and the world and believe thou art the man ?.

Thou art the man that took that which is not yours when you took from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and brought about what you are seeing played out before you very eyes.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-13-2011 at 07:21 AM..

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
How about:

..the whole creation groans and travails under the weight of sin. (Romans 8:18-22).

pretty good indication that MAN is doing it,not God.
I suspect sin has a physical effect to it,that causes strain upon the earth.

(please no snarky comments..JMO!)

Absolutely SC122 . God has always wanted us to come to a place of truth within us (Surely you desire truth in the inner parts Psalm 51:6) , regardless of what we have done and confess it and he will always show mercy , be cause he is mercy.

Adam had a perfect opportunity to have truth with God in Eden, but he didn't, he blamed God for what had just happened. It was the was the woman you gave me.

Men ever since have looked to blame God and they are know even looking in the scriptures to blame this whole mess on God that they have created.

We need to repent for believing such stuff, i had to .

I know this cuts across the grain of what Universalists believe, but, Universalists do not have all the revelation of God. The moment it thinks it does, it will end up a denomination and die like the rest of the denominations did after organizing around a truth.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-13-2011 at 07:25 AM..

Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,694,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Absolutely SC122 . God has always wanted us to come to a place of truth within us, regardless of what we have done and confess it and he will always show mercy , be cause he is mercy.

Adam had a perfect opportunity to have truth with God in Eden, but he didn't, he blamed God for what had just happened. It was the was the woman you gave me.

Men ever since have looked to blame God and they are know even looking in the scriptures to blame this whole mess on God that they have created.

We need to repent for believing such stuff, i had to .
yes,I take the verse for just what it is..God's word does not return void...man's sin places strain upon the earth.
I think we as humans are going to be surprised when we get to the other side and find out just what all God is not responsible for,and man's sin is.

I think this is why Jesus specifically mentioned earthquakes for the close of the age...He knew the effects of sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity