Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,682,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am speechless at this thread.......
Your surprised? It was just a matter of time.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God has hit Northern Japan with an Earthquake and Tsunami. Bemember our plight and pray for mercy.

Your statement makes about as much sense as if you want to blame your God for everything that goes wrong, if you close a car door on your hand are you going to blame your God for that or are you going to blame your own stupidity for not getting your hand out of the way or if you hit your thumb with a hammer while trying to drive a nail, are you going to blame your God for that or for your own incompetence for not getting your thumb out of the way. What happened in Japan was a natural event and earthquakes like that have been happening for many thousands of years, so it's nothing new. Be real...

Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Your statement makes about as much sense as if you want to blame your God for everything that goes wrong, if you close a car door on your hand are you going to blame your God for that or are you going to blame your own stupidity for not getting your hand out of the way or if you hit your thumb with a hammer while trying to drive a nail, are you going to blame your God for that or for your own incompetence for not getting your thumb out of the way. What happened in Japan was a natural event and earthquakes like that have been happening for many thousands of years, so it's nothing new. Be real...
Millions of years, before people or animals even. Completely natural. Just shows the Earth can be unstable and was not formed perfect, the weather is unpredictable and deadly as well. Nature at work.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God has hit Northern Japan with an Earthquake and Tsunami. Remember our plight and pray for mercy.
Yes, trettep, am definitely praying about this.... all this is effecting so many. Alaska, Hawaii, California coast line and so forth are all evacuating and are on Tsunami watch.
There is a lot of unrest going on beneath the earth, ocean right now...

Blessings to you,

Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,534,166 times
I don't think God "hit" Japan with an 8.9 magnitude earthquake..It was a natural event. Sorry to seem mean spirited here folks but as a believer I do not blame all the natural disasters on God sending punishment to anyone. I believe he set nature up to govern itself . I just can't see God as so many see him as sitting in the sky deciding which person, people or nation to kill off or frighten today..to teach a lesson..

I pray that He will put it in our hearts though to put our money and energy and talent where it is needed to come to the aid of His children who are suffering this latest "natural disaster".

.I cannot believe some of these posts Where is the love of God, where is the compassion of Christ?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-11-2011 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,049,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Your surprised? It was just a matter of time.

Yes Nea! I am continually surprised and shocked at what some folks believe. It goes beyond human understanding in my book.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, trettep, am definitely praying about this.... all this is effecting so many. Hawaii, California coast line and so forth are all evacuating and are on Tsunami watch.
There is a lot of unrest going on beneath the earth, ocean right now...

Blessings to you,
The unrest is not in the world but in the fearful mind.Peace be still.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
They can't say.

If God has laid the earth's foundations, would He not be responsible for its "performance"? No, I choose to give God the glory for all of creation, as He is sovereign king over all.

The Pacific Ring of Fire
Sure I can say! G-d does not make bad things happen, it is nature pure and simple. G-d does not sit on some throne deciding who he is going to wipe out with disaster and disease....

Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes Nea! I am continually surprised and shocked at what some folks believe. It goes beyond human understanding in my book.
I am completely lost as to why a believer would think their God would punish those poor people . Mind boggling.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am completely lost as to why a believer would think their God would punish those poor people . Mind boggling.

Same here!! If I thought for a minute G-d caused disaster and disease on purpose to kill 1000s+ I would walk away all together.... This kind of thinking ought to have been left behind when we finally learned what causes the disasters and not blamed on G-d.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity