Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The unrest is not in the world but in the fearful mind.Peace be still.
What an awful thing to say..... Oh, it's just their fearful imaginations in their mind that this has happen, nothin' but stinkin' thinkin'!!

This is a serious matter in what is going on and what can still come that is effecting a lot of lives...
Rather then agreeing with trettep to be praying for those who are seriously suffering right now (by which I have family, friends that are being effected by this) and people come on here arguing over if it was God or not, get real people there are a lot of people hurt and suffering big times physically, emotionally....
Well, I know if you, pcamps were in the middle of this diaster right now you wouldn't be posting, "Peace be still.." Go tell those in Japan your great wisdom.....

Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
What an awful thing to say..... Oh, it's just their fearful imaginations in their mind that this has happen, nothin' but stinkin' thinkin'!!

This is a serious matter in what is going on and what can still come that is effecting a lot of lives...
Rather then agreeing with trettep to be praying for those who are seriously suffering right now (by which I have family, friends that are being effected by this) and people come on here arguing over if it was God or not, get real people there are a lot of people hurt and suffering big times physically, emotionally....
Well, I know if you, pcamps were in the middle of this diaster right now you wouldn't be posting, "Peace be still.." Go tell those in Japan your great wisdom.....
If it's God doing this to the nation you are out of your mind and that is stinkin thinkin.If you believe God is against this nation what on earth are you worried about them for ?let God's will be done and stay out of it.

The unrest in the world is not God, maybe i should have made myself clear.

Go and tell the Japanese that God is against them in your foolish wisdom. By the way i have a nephew who is in Tokyo, thankfully his wife and new born baby are fine apart from everything in his home being on the floor in his home. He is a christian and does not believe this is the hand of God and is at peace, and probably in more peace in the storm than you are sat behind your computer or watching footage of it on TV.Like i said to you "Peace be still".

Last edited by pcamps; 03-11-2011 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 AM

901 posts, read 2,388,579 times
As my mom asked earlier this morning: "What has Japan done to the rest of the world [that they'd be punished like this]?" I had to tell her it was not God's punishment. They simply sit in a very geologically active place in the world.

I don't see how anyone could be making any other comment about this tragedy than simply "God have mercy on their souls".

Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,372,420 times
BTW,
is the ring of fire anywhere near the lake of fire??

well, I don't see any posts here suggesting that God is punishing Japan or anyone else.

At the same time, I don't see how gays or democrats or ____________ (fill in the blank with whomever you don't like) were the reason for this incident, either..
So God is still in control.... and He still loves us... and we are still His....

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
BTW,
is the ring of fire anywhere near the lake of fire??

well, I don't see any posts here suggesting that God is punishing Japan or anyone else.

At the same time, I don't see how gays or democrats or ____________ (fill in the blank with whomever you don't like) were the reason for this incident, either..
So God is still in control.... and He still loves us... and we are still His....

Blessings!
brian
Brian...did God just randomly do this without purpose ?.

Brother trettep as got a lot of explaining to do

Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
As my mom asked earlier this morning: "What has Japan done to the rest of the world [that they'd be punished like this]?" I had to tell her it was not God's punishment. They simply sit in a very geologically active place in the world.

I don't see how anyone could be making any other comment about this tragedy than simply "God have mercy on their souls".

Just tell her Godzilla doesn't need a reason.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:57 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times
I thought it was a devil who did these things or am I getting my supernatural beings mixed up?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Could i just add to this, we look at the story of Job and all that happened in his world,there are 2 camps of thought. One God brought about all that happened to him, and two the devil. The truth came out of the mouth of Job "That which i greatly feared came upon me".You can argue until the cows come home who dealt it, but the cause was Job's fear.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
The Japan 8.9 quake and tsunami are just more examples of the mounting calamities that are coming upon the earth. These things are going to keep getting worse too, and the world no longer has the money nor the resources to keep up. 3 of the 10 worst earthquakes ever recorded have occurred in Dec. 2004 (#3), March 2011 (#7) and Feb. 2010 (#8), respectively; that's a little over a six-year time period. The birth pains are intensifying.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God has hit Northern Japan with an Earthquake and Tsunami. Remember our plight and pray for mercy.
I am so sorry, trettep, to see your heart's concern and asking for prayer has turn into such a......
......anyway all the year's I've posted here I have never experience a prayer request thread to turn into one like this.
God bless you and I know He is hearing and answering the prayers of the hearts who are truly concerned and agreeing with you to pray for His mercy, it's going to be a long journey back for these individuals..... let's also not forget too keep all the other places that the possibility of Tsunami's hitting there.... !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity