Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
About 95% of us who post on this forum regularly "believe God." What is to be gained by condemning people who understand certain verses in the Bible differently than you do? Honestly, why can't you see how much you're hurting your cause when you do this?
Remember Katzpur.... there are three finger's pointing right back at ya

There is only one TRUTH......Katzpur, not many !!
And another thing, it is about Jesus not us and telling the TRUTH is more loving then deceiving other's just to be accept by them !!

Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 12:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,565,472 times
I have to agree with Brian. I don't know the whole truth, Brian doesn't know the whole truth and no one here knows the whole truth..Only the indwelling one has the whole truth.
So why can't we get along?

He sees into our heart and knows our very thoughts..It is impossible for us to read the hearts of others or to know know the mind of God..Didn't He tell us that?
So why can't we get along

Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,235,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I have to agree with Brian. I don't know the whole truth, Brian doesn't know the whole truth and no one here knows the whole truth..Only the indwelling one has the whole truth.
So why can't we get along?

He sees into our heart and knows our very thoughts..It is impossible for us to read the hearts of others or to know know the mind of God..Didn't He tell us that?
So why can't we get along
Miss Blue - with all due respect, I, in fact, know the whole truth. If you want it - I'll gladly share it with you! Hahahaha! Just kidding! I'm keeping it to myself.

No - I agree with you. Nobody knows the whole truth. It's very humbling to think about how much we don't know.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:50 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,958 times
John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 16:13
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:51 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,965,436 times
That was a good illustration, Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Miss Blue - with all due respect, I, in fact, know the whole truth. If you want it - I'll gladly share it with you! Hahahaha! Just kidding! I'm keeping it to myself.

No - I agree with you. Nobody knows the whole truth. It's very humbling to think about how much we don't know.

I'm with you guys..

Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Good post (yet again) Brian. There's a ton of applications for us to use.
Indeed, a half-truth creates confusion and injustices.

"When a system of oppression has become institutionalized, it affects each and everyone of us."

Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,593 times
Quote:
What in Heaven's name did Brian say that prompted this statement? Honestly, if someone you often agreed with had posted it verbatim, your response would have been completely different.
Not true.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
There is only one TRUTH......
Have a nice day
Believing it is only half of it, living in it is the other half.

Good post Brian

Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,596,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Life on the playground:

Joey brought his new truck to school today, and is playing with it happily in the sandbox. Along comes Bobby, who sees the new toy and forcefully grabs it out of Joey's hands.
Joey starts crying, and Bobby hits him. As Joey tries to hit him back, the teacher comes out and sees Joey taking a swing at Bobby.
“Joey hit me!” Bobby accuses to the teacher (with new toy in hand.)
“Joey, go back into the school immediately!” the teacher demands, believing that she has justly resolved the conflict.

The statement “Joey hit me” is a true statement. Even the teacher saw that. Joey is indeed guilty of hitting Bobby.
Bobby, however, has already piled up a series of errors to his own credit, namely:
  • he stole Joey's truck
  • he hit Joey
  • he utilized a half-truth to his own selfish ends.
The poor teacher, convinced that she has brought justice to the playground, has not only increased injustice during recreation, but has also ruined her own credibility in the eyes of Joey, and is now seen by Bobby as easy to manipulate.

If the teacher had only been present from the beginning of the conflict, she would have been able to understand the entire scenario, and she probably would have judged the situation much differently.

I hope we can all see the relevance this type of scenario has for us, especially with regards to religion, and especially with regards to those of us who believe that we "have the truth."

May the Lord "guide us into all truth.."

Blessings,
brian
Good analogy Brian...applicable to every aspect of life, the physical and the spiritual. My belief is that...the "whole truth" cannot be hidden or obscured forever. We have to continue to exercise patience and perseverance, for truth always reveals itself at the end. When HE comes, we'll realize that...just like the blind men, we each hold a part of the whole truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, a half-truth creates confusion and injustices.

"When a system of oppression has become institutionalized, it affects each and everyone of us."
The system of oppression only has a few members...the elite, intent to control the rest. When the oppressed emulate the method applied by the few who control...they would realize that unity in love could easily remove the shackles that bound them. We must remember that the kingdom "always" outnumbers the king.

A revolutionary thought: "Be wise as the serpent...but be gentle as a dove..."

Peace!

Last edited by ans57; 03-19-2011 at 04:31 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,103,822 times
Quote:
About 95% of us who post on this forum regularly "believe God." What is to be gained by condemning people who understand certain verses in the Bible differently than you do?
Quote:
Remember Katzpur.... there are three finger's pointing right back at ya
Who did I condemn? No one. Not one single solitary person.
Quote:
There is only one TRUTH......Katzpur, not many !!
When did I ever say otherwise?

Quote:
And another thing, it is about Jesus not us and telling the TRUTH is more loving then deceiving other's just to be accept by them !!
There is more than one way to communicate "the truth."

Quote:
Have a nice day
I already did, thanks. Moderator cut: sarcasm

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-19-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity