Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Does this mean WE have no enemies ?

Jesus Christ is the Love of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Jesus Christ is the Love of God.
Paul, Interesting (good) point .... That is exactly what I have thought ........

We may be someone else's enemy .... but we should not regard anyone as our enemy.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Paul, Interesting (good) point .... That is exactly what I have thought ........

We may be someone else's enemy .... but we should not regard anyone as our enemy.
Yes Meerkat that is the thought i heard go through my mind late this afternoon while walking my dogs. The way to have no more enemies is by loving them.

When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.Proverbs 16:7

Our ways are pleasing to the Lord when we love our enemies.

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:35-36

Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
In Luke 6: 27-28... Jesus said ``But I say to you which hear.. Love your enemies do good to them which hate you...... bless them that curse you and pray for them which deceitfully use you``..... and in verse 35.``but love your enemies, and do good and lend , hoping for nothing for nothing again , and your reward will be great, and you will be the children of the Highest, for he is kind to the thankfully and to the evil`` ............ See there is an advantage of honor to the Lord if we resist hating our enemies , because hating can be irreverence to Holy Spirit and Hating people can bring curses and walls of indifference were demons can take authority were demons are not welcome in our life and our walk with the Lord Jesus . so it is best to pray that the curses are gone and our enemies ought is gone through Jesus Blood prayers and then , under the bridge so to speak so peace can rule in our lives .......

Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,372,420 times
Quote:
Yes Meerkat that is the thought i heard go through my mind late this afternoon while walking my dogs. The way to have no more enemies is by loving them.

When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.Proverbs 16:7

Our ways are pleasing to the Lord when we love our enemies.

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:35-36
And if God is merciful... -then is He vendicative??

If a man/woman dies and has not known the Love of God... can he/she then know it?
YES!
I say YES because God IS MERCIFUL. That means that He is "full" of mercy! And mercy trumps judgment. (see James)

"Bless those who curse you."
What if God cursed a man, and that man turned around and blessed God?

peace!
brian

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:

I remember someone saying that if the Israelites of the OT had really understood what "destroy your enemy" meant, the horrific acts of genocide they committed would never have taken place.

If we could stop seeing other people as the enemy, then perhaps we could concentrate on eradicating our real enemies ... the wrong thinking and attitudes within ourselves which cause harm to ourselves and others.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

I remember someone saying that if the Israelites of the OT had really understood what "destroy your enemy" meant, the horrific acts of genocide they committed would never have taken place.

If we could stop seeing other people as the enemy, then perhaps we could concentrate on eradicating our real enemies ... the wrong thinking and attitudes within ourselves which cause harm to ourselves and others.
True Pleroo

21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you. Proverbs 25

But us fundamental literalists, who interpret everything literal prefer the real fire called down from heaven to consume the enemies of the gospel that reject the words of Jesus.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Exactly.
You destroy your enemies by making them your friends.
Great thread, Paul.

I remember when I had lots of enemies.
Now I have none. Because of a shift in my heart.
When you realize how much God loves us all, it's difficult to hold onto darkness towards anyone in your heart. Darkness flees when His love moves in.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 PM

33 posts, read 31,002 times
I love what Jehovah says about being nice to your enemies and at first I thought it was so hard because usually when you dont like a person than you're not going to be nice but I learned that it is easier to be nice with somebody that you're cool with than somebody that you're not. Jehovah didnt say you have to go out and hang with your enemies but we all have to learn that we will always need somebody no matter how poor or rich we are. I know I need Jehovah he has did everything for me and my family so its not going to kill me to be nice or lend out a helping hand.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
No, of course not.

We can love them and they will often keep right on hating us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity