Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 04:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The account was no doubt a lie.

Most accounts of people who claim to have been to heaven or to have seen events from the perspective of heaven are either liars or have been deluded by their own imagination or have been exposed to satanic influence.

no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived - 1 Corinthians 2:9

Do you believe the Bible or do you believe some jerk who wants to impress you with his spirituality? Your writing suggests the latter.

When THE WORD OF GOD says nobody has seen heard or imagined what heaven is like, it means nobody.

What part of nobody do you not understand? Hello?

NOBODY has been to heaven to tell us what its like except Christ Jesus. Read His words in the Bible.

Try reading all of the Bible. Stop accepting everything you hear and read as though it meant something when it doesn't

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
No one would be able to conceive or formulate anything without the heart and mind to do so.
And you wouldn't be able to create it, if it didn't already exist on some level of our knowing.

But that doesn't mean it is necessarily perceived as a reality at this present moment in time.
One of these days humanity will move out among the stars, planets; and endless heavens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 06:31 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
The righteous call upon the name of the Lord and the meek do the will of my heavenly Father.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:53 PM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe the issue revolves around what is meant by "salvation." I see salvation as having different meanings, depending upon the context in which the word is used.

First, there is salvation from death, i.e. overcoming the grave to be resurrected. I believe that, as 1 Corinthians 15:22 says, "For as in Adam all die, even soin Christ shall all be made alive." This salvation is a universal one. If you have lived and died, you will live again, regardless of what you believed or how you behaved.

Second, there is salvation from an eternity in Hell. This salvation requires really requires nothing more than faith, i.e. "calling on the name of the Lord." It means acknowledging Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior God sent to redeem the world. That's basically it. This is the salvation I am speaking of when I say that I believe 99.999999% of all human beings will attain. (And I hope everybody understands that I use the percentage simply to make my point.)

Third, there is the "fulness of salvation" which is the chance to attain the greatest of all blessings God has promised to those who "do His will." It requires commitment, faithfulness, obedience and "enduring to the end."
Romans 10:13 is quoting from Joel 2:31-32 whereas in the "awesome day of the LORD" there will be "survivors", and those who escape "on Mount Zion" and "in Jerusalem". No one has yet to be saved from that "day", for it still remains "near, right at the door" of Matthew 24:33. And there is no "eternity in Hell" for any without eternal life. The fire of the lake of fire, apparently is deemed "eternal". There is no "fulness of salvation", one either comes out of the "great tribulation" by the hairs of their chinny chin chin, or they die (Matthew 24:22).

Old 02-05-2019, 02:35 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
Quote:
We learn what “THE WILL OF THE FATHER” is in John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
A Common Misunderstanding Of Matthew 7:21

Old 02-05-2019, 02:50 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe the issue revolves around what is meant by "salvation." I see salvation as having different meanings, depending upon the context in which the word is used.

First, there is salvation from death, i.e. overcoming the grave to be resurrected. I believe that, as 1 Corinthians 15:22 says, "For as in Adam all die, even soin Christ shall all be made alive." This salvation is a universal one. If you have lived and died, you will live again, regardless of what you believed or how you behaved.

Second, there is salvation from an eternity in Hell. This salvation requires really requires nothing more than faith, i.e. "calling on the name of the Lord." It means acknowledging Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior God sent to redeem the world. That's basically it. This is the salvation I am speaking of when I say that I believe 99.999999% of all human beings will attain. (And I hope everybody understands that I use the percentage simply to make my point.)

Third, there is the "fulness of salvation" which is the chance to attain the greatest of all blessings God has promised to those who "do His will." It requires commitment, faithfulness, obedience and "enduring to the end."

Old 02-05-2019, 02:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
That's fine if you want to say that Verna (and allen or whoever else), but you have to be willing to accept the reality of your belief system.

The fact is, it could be you or anyone who is saying "Lord, Lord" but does not end up entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

That includes anyone who claims salvation by saying "Lord, Lord" and claiming to do the "right things".

What assurance do you have in such a case? This is why this belief cannot be right:

1. there is no assurance
AND
2. it dependent on you to do the "right" things and takes away the credit from God
This verse is in reference to believing that good works will gain entry. Which is untrue.

Quote:
You cannot be saved by your good works, because no matter how hard you try, your “good” is not good enough for the perfectly holy and completely righteous God who alone grants salvation. Nor can you be saved by your moral perfection—no matter how moral or how perfect you are. As the Old Testament prophet Isaiah points out, your righteousness is about as good as a filthy rag.
https://raynoah.com/2009/11/18/roman...formed-hearts/

Old 02-05-2019, 07:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
The ideology of being like a menstrual rag is a filthy analogy from the minds of men without any merit.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The ideology of being like a menstrual rag is a filthy analogy from the minds of men without any merit.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:12 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times
[quote=Verna Perry;18785549]...everyone who calls upon Him with a pure heart...with all sincerity Obviously, anyone whoraises their hand and repeats after whomever, the thinks good! God loves me...I have no worries...it's all taken care of...is sorely misguided.

SINCERITY G1505
εἰλικρίνεια
eilikrineia
i-lik-ree'-ni-ah
From G1506; clearness, that is, (by implication) purity (figuratively): - sincerity.gen

...everyone who calls upon Him with a pure heart...with all sincerity Obviously, anyone whoraises their hand and repeats after whomever, the thinks good! God loves me...I have no worries...it's all taken care of...is sorely misguided.

SINCERITY G1505
εἰλικρίνεια
eilikrineia
i-lik-ree'-ni-ah
From G1506; clearness, that is, (by implication) purity (figuratively): - sincerity.gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman
Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman
Thoughts?[/quote]

If you call upon the Name of the LORD with a pure heart, and you change...you turn from your sins, you are His...if not...you are not...simple.

...nothing more need be said. It is quite clear.
Why do people make the Bible to be this huge mystery? It isn't. There's no once saved, always saved. Elohim is conditional and tested his inheritance (Israelites) and allowed Immanuel to be tested. The vast majority of Christians don't understand the Cepheriym/Bible and certainly don't understand Paul's letters. How can one call on the Adonai when we made him into this unconditional indecisive being? Laws were set but they are constantly broken. They say grace is given but many times no repentance. The replacement doctrine is another blasphemous teaching (it's man making El Elyon out to be a lier again when there are many passages that mention him never replacing his people). Also, the Gospel is actually defined in Isaiah 61.

Grace is for those who are truly unaware of something but then the Truth of the matter will always come to that person. Repentance is just turning away from that course that you use to do but had the error pointed out. A lot of people still choose to uphold pagan customs despite knowing (grace doesn't cover that man) and many people teach unscriptual doctrines. Just read/sudy the Bible yourself and follow what's written once the understanding is up. Don't go to school for it and have some person give you a private interpretation of it when the scriptures explaines itself.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
This verse is in reference to believing that good works will gain entry. Which is untrue.

https://raynoah.com/2009/11/18/roman...formed-hearts/
What about Elijah?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity