Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2019, 11:05 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
God knows our hearts and motives better than we do, so He knows who is really sincere.

I am sure the Muslim radicals are "sincere". That doesn't mean they aren't "deceived". "Those who dwell on the earth" will be "deceived" if not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:8 & 14) The "Christian" church, the "many" of Matthew 7:13, are pretty much thoroughly deceived by the false prophet Paul (Matthew 7:15), he that commits lawlessness (Matthew 7:23), and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:16-17), Peter, who is a "stumbling block to me (Matthew 16:23).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
I am sure the Muslim radicals are "sincere". That doesn't mean they aren't "deceived". "Those who dwell on the earth" will be "deceived" if not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:8 & 14) The "Christian" church, the "many" of Matthew 7:13, are pretty much thoroughly deceived by the false prophet Paul (Matthew 7:15), he that commits lawlessness (Matthew 7:23), and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:16-17), Peter, who is a "stumbling block to me (Matthew 16:23).
So, you are the special and righteous one on the block? LMAO

Old 02-21-2019, 12:08 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times
On the day of judgment and must stand before Jesus ,will He recognize you for your obedience to Him ?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:36 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Okay, God knows those who are sincere in their Faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior- hows that?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
On the day of judgment and must stand before Jesus ,will He recognize you for your obedience to Him ?
That's not what's going to be examined.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
On the day of judgment and must stand before Jesus, will He recognize you for your obedience to Him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's not what's going to be examined.
Amen. It is what we have BECOME that will natter, NOT how obedient we were to rules motivated by fear of punishment or desire for reward.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Okay, God knows those who are sincere in their Faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior- hows that?

Well, first of all, those in Matthew 7:22-22 also called "Me" "Lord", and did "miracles" in my name, yet because they "practice lawlessness", "I will declare to them 'I never knew you'". As for being "saved", the reference for the false prophet Paul's being "saved", was taken from Joel 2:31-32. The problem being that that "saved" referred to surviving, and referred to those on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and was with respect to the "awesome day of the LORD". Those tares being saved by a rapture, being taken up, will have to settle for being "gathered up" "first", to be "bundled" and "burned" (Matthew 13:30). If one had the faith of a mustard seed, they could say to the mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done'. It appears someone's faith doesn't reach the level of that of a mustard seed.

Matthew 21:21 [SIZE=2]21[/SIZE]Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. It is what we have BECOME that will natter, NOT how obedient we were to rules motivated by fear of punishment or desire for reward.

And what have you become, and what god brought you there?

Old 02-21-2019, 03:28 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved
Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Thoughts?
To me, 'calling on the name of the Lord will be saved' means more than just knowing or acknowledging his name.
So, it would be 'calling in faith' that Jesus is Lord and thus living accordingly.
In other words, it could be a challenging life-style in making heaven-worthy choices, virtuous decisions, when one is given the knowledge and experience to do so, thus that would be ' calling on the Lord...'
After all, as Matthew 24:13 says the one who endures (faithful) to the end is saved.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:32 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
I find the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth is a day (time period) of judgement as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Please note that Jesus' judges on how the figurative humble 'sheep' and haughty ' goats ' treat his ' brothers ' at this time frame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity