Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
best I understand what appears to be a contradiction
but of course it isn't... the kingdom of heaven is one thing. the kingdom age is another thing. all saved will enter into the kingdom age.. but only the holy and righteous will enter the kingdom of heaven..and get inside . I suspect this is why it only looks like a contradiction. because we don't understand his coming yet. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 03:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are a slave whether you know it or not.
Only if you are ruled by the flesh. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, there is no bondage in liberty. Know you not Jesus Christ is in you, i guess you and Rbbi still being slaves, do not.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:45 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Only if you are ruled by the flesh. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, there is no bondage in liberty. Know you not Jesus Christ is in you, i guess you and Rbbi still being slaves, do not.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:15 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
I gave myself to servitude as I was told, and I do pretty darn good in the mission that I was given, I serve Israel better than most, and I have become a servant to a Jew personally where I did give him all I had, and I was with him until he died because this is my destiny as I was appointed as a servant but those who will not serve will be destroyed.

Isaiah 60

Future Glory for Zion

1Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
6The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
7All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.
8Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
9Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

10And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

11Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

12For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

13The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
14The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
16Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
19The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
21Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
22A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time

WHAT DID JESUS COME TO DO?

Jesus continues this prophesy of Isaiah 60, going in to Isaiah 61

Isaiah 61

The Year of the Lord's Favor

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

4And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

5And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD{JEWS}: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

7For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

8For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

9And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
10I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
11For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Messiah comes making Gentiles SERVANTS to Jews, and for some unknown reason, SOME Gentiles refuse to serve Jews and Israel but LIKE IT OR NOT, they have been appointed as kings upon this earth and Gentiles are all servants.

The Lord is coming to judge every person and every nation in how they have treated Israel and most Gentiles do not want to serve as if it were a curse or something. The Gentile has NO IDEA what a blessing he has been given when he actually finds something he can do that pleases God.

Imagine how God will treat the Gentile who accepts and acknowledges his role in this thing?

You take a Gentile who bends his knee to God and who is filled with joy at finding out that such great blessings comes from doing what pleases God, and what God has asked is nothing. If God asked you to sell all you own to give to a poor Jew, to become a servant to a child of Israel, and you do it, what do you suppose will be God's reaction?

The Gentile has one great promise from God, and this promise is that if you do what God asks of a Gentile by spending your time and money to carry a Jew back to Israel or to give money to fund Jews going back to Israel, and to serve a Jew JUST BECAUSE HE IS A JEW, THAT GENTILE has a greater promise than any Jew.

A Gentile has MUCH greater potential for blessing than is given the Jew in my opinion but then I have always looked at things from a Gentiles perspective.

There is one way for a Gentile to become a priest of God, and it is not a hard thing to do that God asks.

If the Gentile becomes a servant and acknowledges his role that Messiah appointed himself, he has a chance to become a priest anointed with oil. A Gentile LITERALLY has a chance to do something with his hands and with his life that if he does what pleases God, GOD WILL POUR OIL UPON HIS HEAD, AND THAT GENTILE BECOMES A SON OF OIL.

IMAGINE WHAT IT MEANS WHEN GOD HAS APPOINTED YOU A PRIEST, WHEN YOU KNOW THAT GOD HAS LOOKED DOWN AT YOUR SACRIFICE AND THEN MADE GOOD ON HIS PROMISE?

After a Gentile makes such a sacrifice, he learns that it was no sacrifice at all.

JESUS called it what it is in Isaiah 61, God has appointed us as servants and any nation who will not serve is in trouble.

The promise of God may go in one ear and out the next as if God never made a promise, but God's promise is SURE.

Are you a Gentile?

Go out and find a needy Jew and turn over everything to him and become his servant and tell him it's because God appointed it, and show him, and then make an agreement with him if you can find such a person. Forget about your whole life, find a needy Jew who will allow you to help him, somebody near you where you can serve him, and then see what happens.

I understand that nobody believes this, and yet, it is a valid promise from God that if you do this, he will anoint your head by pouring oil all over you, and whatever you sacrificed whether a vehicle, all your money, your house, it is nothing compared to the blessing that God will put on your life.

It is the greatest promise every offered to a gentile that if he chooses servitude and to do what pleases God, God will bless him with things that are unspeakable, things you can't even imagine.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I gave myself to servitude as I was told, and I do pretty darn good in the mission that I was given, I serve Israel better than most, and I have become a servant to a Jew personally where I did give him all I had, and I was with him until he died because this is my destiny as I was appointed as a servant but those who will not serve will be destroyed.

Isaiah 60

Future Glory for Zion

1Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
6The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
7All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.
8Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
9Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

10And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

11Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

12For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

13The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
14The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
16Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
19The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
21Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
22A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time

WHAT DID JESUS COME TO DO?

Jesus continues this prophesy of Isaiah 60, going in to Isaiah 61

Isaiah 61

The Year of the Lord's Favor

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

4And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

5And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD{JEWS}: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

7For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

8For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

9And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
10I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
11For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Messiah comes making Gentiles SERVANTS to Jews, and for some unknown reason, SOME Gentiles refuse to serve Jews and Israel but LIKE IT OR NOT, they have been appointed as kings upon this earth and Gentiles are all servants.

The Lord is coming to judge every person and every nation in how they have treated Israel and most Gentiles do not want to serve as if it were a curse or something. The Gentile has NO IDEA what a blessing he has been given when he actually finds something he can do that pleases God.

Imagine how God will treat the Gentile who accepts and acknowledges his role in this thing?

You take a Gentile who bends his knee to God and who is filled with joy at finding out that such great blessings comes from doing what pleases God, and what God has asked is nothing. If God asked you to sell all you own to give to a poor Jew, to become a servant to a child of Israel, and you do it, what do you suppose will be God's reaction?

The Gentile has one great promise from God, and this promise is that if you do what God asks of a Gentile by spending your time and money to carry a Jew back to Israel or to give money to fund Jews going back to Israel, and to serve a Jew JUST BECAUSE HE IS A JEW, THAT GENTILE has a greater promise than any Jew.

A Gentile has MUCH greater potential for blessing than is given the Jew in my opinion but then I have always looked at things from a Gentiles perspective.

There is one way for a Gentile to become a priest of God, and it is not a hard thing to do that God asks.

If the Gentile becomes a servant and acknowledges his role that Messiah appointed himself, he has a chance to become a priest anointed with oil. A Gentile LITERALLY has a chance to do something with his hands and with his life that if he does what pleases God, GOD WILL POUR OIL UPON HIS HEAD, AND THAT GENTILE BECOMES A SON OF OIL.

IMAGINE WHAT IT MEANS WHEN GOD HAS APPOINTED YOU A PRIEST, WHEN YOU KNOW THAT GOD HAS LOOKED DOWN AT YOUR SACRIFICE AND THEN MADE GOOD ON HIS PROMISE?

After a Gentile makes such a sacrifice, he learns that it was no sacrifice at all.

JESUS called it what it is in Isaiah 61, God has appointed us as servants and any nation who will not serve is in trouble.

The promise of God may go in one ear and out the next as if God never made a promise, but God's promise is SURE.

Are you a Gentile?

Go out and find a needy Jew and turn over everything to him and become his servant and tell him it's because God appointed it, and show him, and then make an agreement with him if you can find such a person. Forget about your whole life, find a needy Jew who will allow you to help him, somebody near you where you can serve him, and then see what happens.

I understand that nobody believes this, and yet, it is a valid promise from God that if you do this, he will anoint your head by pouring oil all over you, and whatever you sacrificed whether a vehicle, all your money, your house, it is nothing compared to the blessing that God will put on your life.

It is the greatest promise every offered to a gentile that if he chooses servitude and to do what pleases God, God will bless him with things that are unspeakable, things you can't even imagine.

I doubt many would admit the spirit of heaviness.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
The Lord Judges the Nations ~ THIS IS ROSH HASHANNAH AND THE FALL HOLY DAYS APPOINTED FOR THE SECOND COMING OF THE LORD AT THE PROMISE OF THE SECOND RAIN ON SHEMINI ATZERET, GOD IS COMING TO JUDGE EVERY PERSON AND EVERY NATION IN HOW THEY HAVE TREATED THE JEWS.

WONDER WHAT HE WILL SAY TO THOSE GENTILES WHO LOVE HIS TORAH AND HIS PEOPLE SO MUCH THAT THEY SPENT THEIR LIVES IN SERVITUDE AS WATCHMEN OVER ISRAEL?

WONDER WHAT GOD WILL SAY TO THOSE GENTILE WHO CHOSE SERVITUDE?

Joel 3 ~ The Fall Holy days unfolding and the coming of the Lord at the Feast of Tabernacles

1For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.
3And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.
4Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head; 5Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things: 6The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border. 7Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head: 8And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
14Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
Blessings for God's People
17So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.
19Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
20But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
21For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion

Old 09-14-2017, 01:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:

Big difference between being a bond slave to His Spirit, and a slave to the flesh. Peace

Old 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Big difference between being a bond slave to His Spirit, and a slave to the flesh. Peace
They are as compatible as oil and water. If you don't think so, give an example from your life how you are a slave to the Spirit. I will tell you now, i am not going to accept that you studied the bible for 32 years and understand symbolism as an answer.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Just a difference in indoctrination techniques.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I don't think anyone will go to the Kingdom until The Second Coming. We go to Heaven, but The Kingdom awaits.

The only ones bought from the earth to heaven are the little flock( Luke 12:32) = 144,000( Rev 14:3) -- No where in the bible is heaven promised to the great multitude, blind guides twist what was said. Jesus promised them the earth-Matt 5:5--The psalmist knew that reality as well-Psalm 37:9-11,29
The bible teaches the great multitude will stand before the throne---At that point in time, all of creation will be standing before the throne, no matter where they stand. Gods kingdom rule will be ruling all of creation( Dan 2:44)--no more mortal govts ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity