Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 09:10 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Christ us present in our being, judging (separating) good and evil.
9"The true light, which gives light to everyone"
.... and I find Christ will be present in judging (separating) at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Everyone of Jesus' 'sheep ' will continue to see the 'light' of day, the light of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 07-05-2020 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 09:54 PM

846 posts, read 609,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
At the end of the day, WHAT is according to his works? Not eternal salvation. As Paul states, we are saved by grace through faith, and not by works. Ephesians 2:8-9.

The believer is rewarded at the judgment seat of Christ for his works. But that has nothing to do with the issue of eternal salvation.
Again, you mention faith. Again, I ask you what do you mean by faith? Faith of Jesus‘ atonement good enough to be savedor do you have to believe that Jesus is God?

Old 07-06-2020, 10:20 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your personal "New Age" bogeyman has nothing to do with my Christian views although it seems to comfort you to think it does. Your acceptance of the barbaric interpretation as some payment or punishment to appease God for whatever you think humankind needs to be forgiven for infests your interpretation of Christ's accomplishment. He actually endured our ancestors' savagery and brutality out of love for us all to unambiguously demonstrate the true nature of God as agape love. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers. How can you believe the God revealed so clearly by Christ would ever torment anyone forever for any reason or do any of the awful things our primitive ancestors' believed He did? You make no effort to actually know the "mind of Christ" and that is why you do not know the "mind of God."
Quote:
There's nothing complicated about John 6:40 or any of the many other verses which say to believe in Christ.'

And John 14:12 is not a salvation passage. It was addressed primarily to his immediate disciples who did do greater works, quantitatively rather than qualitatively speaking, because Jesus' public ministry lasted only three years while the disciple's ministries lasted much longer.

Eternal salvation is by faith alone, NOT by works, as Paul stated over and over. To believe IN Jesus means to simply trust in his finished redemptive work on the cross . . .to believe that he died for your sins and rose again.
Your preference for easy believism clouds your understanding, Mike. You are correct that we need to do nothing for salvation just have faith that Jesus did what He says He did. It is finished. But you and too many others misunderstand "believe IN" Him as if it is necessary to believe the right things ABOUT Him and God. It is not. Many of us reject parts of the bible NOT because we don't like them but because they contradict or are inconsistent with the true nature of God revealed by Jesus. Your "believe IN" Him is one such belief that holds unbelief accountable.

No one says God doesn't hold us accountable for our lack of agape love but having what you consider the wrong belief is not subject to accountability. God has no ego needs that must be assuaged by our fawning over Him or His Son. The phrase "pisteuō eis" is used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul. "Believe ON" His Son is an inner conviction to Christ-like attitudes toward all human beings that results when we listen to Jesus' Holy Spirit (Comforter) within guiding us to what God has "written in our hearts." THAT is the "believe ON" Jesus that matters, NOT what you proclaim to believe IN. This is what Paul referred to as the "law written in the hearts" even of unbelievers who are a law unto themselves. As Paul states it in Romans 2:14

. . . When the Gentiles who have no law do by nature what the law prescribes, these having no law are a law unto themselves. They show the work of the law written in their hearts. Their conscience bears witness to them, even when conflicting thoughts accuse or defend them.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:29 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Your preference for easy believism clouds your understanding, Mike. You are correct that we need to do nothing for salvation just have faith that Jesus did what He says He did. It is finished. But you and too many others misunderstand "believe IN" Him as if it is necessary to believe the right things ABOUT Him and God. It is not. Many of us reject parts of the bible NOT because we don't like them but because they contradict or are inconsistent with the true nature of God revealed by Jesus. Your "believe IN" Him is one such belief that holds unbelief accountable.

No one says God doesn't hold us accountable for our lack of agape love but having what you consider the wrong belief is not subject to accountability. God has no ego needs that must be assuaged by our fawning over Him or His Son. The phrase "pisteuō eis" is used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul. "Believe ON" His Son is an inner conviction to Christ-like attitudes toward all human beings that results when we listen to Jesus' Holy Spirit (Comforter) within guiding us to what God has "written in our hearts." THAT is the "believe ON" Jesus that matters, NOT what you proclaim to believe IN. This is what Paul referred to as the "law written in the hearts" even of unbelievers who are a law unto themselves. As Paul states it in Romans 2:14

. . . When the Gentiles who have no law do by nature what the law prescribes, these having no law are a law unto themselves. They show the work of the law written in their hearts. Their conscience bears witness to them, even when conflicting thoughts accuse or defend them.
Your arrogance clouds your understanding. It IS necessary to believe that Jesus died for your sins and that he rose again in order to attain eternal life just as it is stated by the New Testament writers who you foolishly dismiss as ignorant primitives. And who, unlike you, actually did have an experience with God.

Jesus said it himself that you must believe in him to have eternal life. So stop wasting your time trying to convince me that you know what you're talking about and that Christianity has it wrong.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Your arrogance clouds your understanding. It IS necessary to believe that Jesus died for your sins and that he rose again in order to attain eternal life just as it is stated by the New Testament writers who you foolishly dismiss as ignorant primitives. And who, unlike you, actually did have an experience with God.

Jesus said it himself that you must believe in him to have eternal life. So stop wasting your time trying to convince me that you know what you're talking about and that Christianity has it wrong.
It IS necessary to believe that Jesus died BECAUSE of our "sins" (savagery and brutality) and that because of His "perfect agape love" (Grace) He was "born again" as Holy Spirit to attain eternal life upon His death (as we will be). Ask yourself, Mike: IF He was God BEFORE He was born as Spirit and attained eternal life - HOW could He have DIED and WHY would He need to ATTAIN eternal life???? No need to use your created jargon to pretend that you can explain it, Mike. I reject any such semantic nonsense. Just think about it yourself when you are alone with God.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
It IS necessary to believe that Jesus died BECAUSE of our "sins" (savagery and brutality) and that because of His "perfect agape love" (Grace) He was "born again" as Holy Spirit to attain eternal life upon His death (as we will be). Ask yourself, Mike: IF He was God BEFORE He was born as Spirit and attained eternal life - HOW could He have DIED and WHY would He need to ATTAIN eternal life???? No need to use your created jargon to pretend that you can explain it, Mike. I reject any such semantic nonsense. Just think about it yourself when you are alone with God.
You just can't stop perverting what the New Testament writers actually said and meant. Jesus died FOR our sins as our substitute. By Jesus' own statement, he shed his blood for the forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26:28). He didn't bear our sins in his own body just for the hell of it. Our sins were judged as he bore them on the cross.

I don't have to pretend that I can explain it. I can explain it. That you admit that you reject it as nonsense proves that you are closed minded and interested only in your own perverted beliefs.

Jesus always existed as the eternal Word, the second person of the Trinity. Since God can't die, He became a member of the human race through the virgin conception and birth so that he could go to the cross and die for the sins of the world. He was then resurrected never to die again as a man.

And no. Jesus did not become spirit when he died. As God Jesus is Spirit. As a man he had both a soul and a human spirit. When he resurrected he resurrected bodily and physically in a glorified (spiritual) body. . . but, again, a physical body.

Your beliefs are not biblical and are heretical. They have no validity.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You just can't stop perverting what the New Testament writers actually said and meant. Jesus died FOR our sins as our substitute. By Jesus' own statement, he shed his blood for the forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26:28). He didn't bear our sins in his own body just for the hell of it. Our sins were judged as he bore them on the cross.

I don't have to pretend that I can explain it. I can explain it. That you admit that you reject it as nonsense proves that you are closed minded and interested only in your own perverted beliefs.

Jesus always existed as the eternal Word, the second person of the Trinity. Since God can't die, He became a member of the human race through the virgin conception and birth so that he could go to the cross and die for the sins of the world. He was then resurrected never to die again as a man.

And no. Jesus did not become spirit when he died. As God Jesus is Spirit. As a man he had both a soul and a human spirit. When he resurrected he resurrected bodily and physically in a glorified (spiritual) body. . . but, again, a physical body.

Your beliefs are not biblical and are heretical. They have no validity.
The only closed mind here is yours, Mike. It is cemented shut by your indoctrination into the "precepts and doctrines of men" in church dogma. You do not know the "mind of Christ" so you cannot know the "mind of God." Pray or meditate in silence and let God free you from the strictures of church dogma.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
The only closed mind here is yours, Mike. It is cemented shut by your indoctrination into the "precepts and doctrines of men" in church dogma. You do not know the "mind of Christ" so you cannot know the "mind of God." Pray or meditate in silence and let God free you from the strictures of church dogma.
In your mind, any beliefs which disagree with your's are the doctrines of men, while yours are straight from God. I've told you before that I'll take the teachings of the apostles over your claims of knowledge any day of the week. The apostles actually knew Jesus personally. You don't.

I've also told you that I have no respect for either you or your beliefs. Be gone. I'm not doing a endless back and forth with you.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:50 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:
In your mind, any beliefs which disagree with your's are the doctrines of men, while yours are straight from God. I've told you before that I'll take the teachings of the apostles over your claims of knowledge any day of the week. The apostles actually knew Jesus personally. You don't.

I've also told you that I have no respect for either you or your beliefs. Be gone. I'm not doing a endless back and forth with you.
Here is Christ Jesus explained situation,
21“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."
Your Book says, ‘You shall not murder", Christ within you says, "everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment".
20"For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.".

Old 07-19-2020, 04:02 PM

11 posts, read 5,253 times
Default Trad your bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You know what? I'm so glad you brought up these verses. A month or two ago, I was reading an exhilierating vision of man who was taken to Heaven. He saw that there was a differance between Heaven and the kingdom of Heaven! He was taken to Earth to observe the death of a Christian who accepted Christ but died without repentance. He died falling overboard from a ship. His angel was watching him his whole life btw. But he let him die for some reason. I forgot. Probably because it was his time to die. But anyway, this man was taken to Heaven but was not able to get into the city/kingdom of Heaven. He had to be holy. So they made him eat from this tree of holy apples and grapes or something that would wash away his sins and make him clean before entering the city. Before he eat, and they told him about his fate, he cried hysterically and had to sit down because of the Lord's compassion and grace that he would still be allowed in the kingdom when he deserved Hell for the way he was living and his unrepentance. And he wasn't the only one outside the gates. There were many Christians who had died just as he had and were not able to get in the kingdom because they were not in holiness and died without repentance. If I find where I read the testimony, ill post it. It was truly amazing. But I don't know if its true. Could be. The Lord stressed repentance in the bible though.
Luke 23:43 - Today I will see you in paradise!
Not after you after time....TODAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity