Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
I guess a boat the size of a large statium on dry land, when it had never rained was not a witness to them of what was going to happen, and lion Jesus said the elements will melt with freverent heat and we will have a new heaven and earth, we will not have this universe any more. He came as a Lamb now as a Lion or the Wrath of the Lamb. coming with ten thousands of his saints to judge the earth.
So if I build a big boat in the middle of the city, should the people start repenting?? Somehow I doubt it..

Imo, the Bible is a series of spiritual stories, all of which have a deeper spiritual significance than your average Little Red Riding Hood. (Although even Little Red has symbology and deeper meanings in it, too.)

All Christian denominations accept that Jesus is a "Lamb," but not the type you find in the fields bleating. They understand (if only a little bit) that it is a symbolic meaning.

So too, Noah and the ark, the animals, the world, the flood... all most likely have spiritual meanings which can be understood perhaps with a bit of reflection and seeking; or else just read like any other story, and then come to the conclusion that God hates most of mankind (except 8 people).

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 AM

164 posts, read 264,820 times
Well He said like in the days of Noah, so will be the days of the Son of Man, so maybe we are down to 8 people again, maybe less. When I come back will I find faith on the earth, the answer is no, so it is a bit funny that people think He is about to come back and that they know faith and Him and don't know His Word or His Ways.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Well He said like in the days of Noah, so will be the days of the Son of Man, so maybe we are down to 8 people again, maybe less. When I come back will I find faith on the earth, the answer is no, so it is a bit funny that people think He is about to come back and that they know faith and Him and don't know His Word or His Ways.
So - are you one of the eight or less? (Just curious) and with the "a bit funny " do you find the funniness within yourself, or are you referring to others?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
...so it is a bit funny...that people think...that they know faith and Him and don't know His Word or His Ways.
With all due respect Arena...you would be amongst these, as you put it, "funny" people who...

1. think they know Him,
2.who think they know faith, and
3.who thinks He knows them...

...because you do not believe in keeping the Ten Commandments of God, which IS! His WORD. His Word IS! the Ten Commandments...and if you do not keep them all, you are a willfull sinner...God does not know you nor do you know Him due to this very fact...it is written...here...read it for yourself...

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4. Twist this passage Arena.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Titus 1:10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group.

Titus 1:16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

...your posts and threads cry out for justification in lying...sinning...and all forms of spiritual wickedness. Your gospel is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ Arena...your god is not the God of heaven...our Creator...your god is another god...the god of iniquity and darkness...who tells you you are "special"...and you believe him...because you want so much to be special to Him, THE God of heaven...but you are listening to another god...who you think is THE God of heaven...but it is not.

You rebel against His will and His ways...and worse yet, you teach other's to do the same. How sad for you who wants to know and love the TRUE! God so much...but you are so very far away from Him Arena...come to Him in Spirit and in Truth...it is pride that keeps you from knowing Him in all of His glory...in all of His fullness. I feel so sorry for you...and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I want you to know my God...you would be such a wonderful servant for Him...but you are not His....yet.

In the love of Christ,
Verna.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
With all due respect Arena...you would be amongst these, as you put it, "funny" people who...

1. think they know Him,
This is what is funny - all 33,000 Christian denominations think they are the chosen few, LOL

Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM

593 posts, read 890,418 times
JESUS' second coming is ushered in firstly by taking His church (believers ) up with Him "caught up" There is a swath of time (God's timeline is seemingly always odd) a time of 7 years believed to be the judgement on Israel (for not believing in Jesus) and still significant Gentile "unbelievers" left behind or not "caught up" (religion calls it rapture an ok human term). Anyway this Tribulation period happens prior to the earthly arrival of Jesus .We see Armegeddon here where a confederation of Islamic countries attack Israel and are destroyed with Gods help. Back to Jesus where He sets up shop for 1000 years and at which time we see many unbelievers saved and in the end an actual conversion of Jews via the discipleship or ministry of the 12 tribes of Israel (12X12,000 or 144,000 missionaries essentially!!!!! (love them Jews!!!) then after the 1000 year reign (during which the devil was bond) now sees satan relesaed to the world where now we see the final battle called Gog and Magog whereby satans army tries to destroy Israel and Gods kingdom . Guess who wins. Anyway here FINALLY is where you are right the earth is destroyed by Fire (have no idea outside nukes end life here on earth? God has a plan with outcomes perhaps to prepare for a "new earth" which perhaps is a new heaven? Haven't a clue. Love chronologies, but this is too far off and a lot of speculation.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 05-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: formating

Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Is there anyway to see it coming, like in the days of Noah so will be the days of the Son of Man, they will be eating and drinking up until the day Noah entered the ark, the water came up and took them all away....
Arena,

If I understand you correctly, you're correct.

Jesus' second coming isn't going to be a secret .... the universe as we know it will be gone.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

1. think they know Him,

...because you do not believe in keeping the Ten Commandments of God, which IS! His WORD. His Word IS! the Ten Commandments...and if you do not keep them all, you are a willfull sinner...God does not know you nor do you know Him due to this very fact...it is written...here...read it for yourself...

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4. Twist this passage Arena.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Titus 1:10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group.

Titus 1:16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

...your posts and threads cry out for justification in lying...sinning...and all forms of spiritual wickedness. Your gospel is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ Arena...your god is not the God of heaven...our Creator...your god is another god...the god of iniquity and darkness...who tells you you are "special"...and you believe him...because you want so much to be special to Him, THE God of heaven...but you are listening to another god...who you think is THE God of heaven...but it is not.

You rebel against His will and His ways...and worse yet, you teach other's to do the same. How sad for you who wants to know and love the TRUE! God so much...but you are so very far away from Him Arena...come to Him in Spirit and in Truth...it is pride that keeps you from knowing Him in all of His glory...in all of His fullness. I feel so sorry for you...and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I want you to know my God...you would be such a wonderful servant for Him...but you are not His....yet.

In the love of Christ,
Verna.

With all due respect Verna .......... ease up sister.

All who attempt to gain eternal life through the law, will by the law be measured against it.

No one will enter heaven through obedience of the law. Jesus used the law for a purpose..to get people to realize that any attempts by such means will leave the person outside of heaven.

If you think that salvation is found in keeping the Ten Commandments ... then prepare yourself to be measured against them.

Have you kept them perfectly? Because that's the demand all the laws expect and will be judged by.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
There is a based upon what I've researched, the United Nations will proclaim authority in a New World Order. With this religious tolerance in the name of "peace," all religions (including Christianity) will be unified after disaster of multitude proportions. It there is evidence to suggest this could come about due to a religious war (Catholicism vs Islam.) Many could proclaim this is Armageddon (chances are if the mainstream media or churches are saying so than it is). The Alien phenomenon could unfold with the fake Christ stating he is setting up the new millennium. This Maitreya character could be used for deception. The anti-Christ could defeat him and claim the new millennium is here setting up his anti-Christ paganistic false millennium.

Here are some videos all Christians should see.

YouTube - Know Your Enemy (Part 68 - Truth v Unity)

YouTube - Know Your Enemy (Part 69 - Tolerance)

YouTube - Know Your Enemy (Part 70 - The United Religions)

It's clear in scripture many Christians are going to fall away to the deception.

1 Timothy 4
1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Matthew 24
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Jesus warns us not to be deceived at the very beginning. He also makes sure we know if people are claiming he is in the desert or secret chambers do not go. He says it twice. He also says there will be wars, but the end is not yet.

I emphasize this because I think it's clear the enemy is going to speed this up and claim the millennium is here while in fact it is the Anti-Christ. There is a sequence of events that occur prior to the Day of the Lord. That is what the book of Revelation is all about. Be informed. Take what I say as an observation and do your own research.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:32 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
I'm sorry Reverend1111 anyone that thinks Satan currently is not the force behind the evil in this world is on cloud nine. You've destroyed your credibility.

We are headed toward a One-world government and Religion. It is the Age of Aquarius / Novus Ordo Seclorum / Enlightenment. Look it up people. It's all very real and is the work of Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity