Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
That is not what I was implying at all by "living their life". There are many homosexuals that live in monogamous relationships and there are many heterosexuals that sleet around. This shouldn't be an issue.

Regarding whether one is born gay- Who are we to believe, homosexuals them selves in addition to the psychiatric experts who back this up, or people with some sort of phobia of the "gay agenda". Hummm, that's a tough one. For me, I will believe my friends and family members that are actually gay and not try to tell them that they don't know what their talking about.
being in the mental health field for many years i have NEVER encountered a psychiatrist that professed the theory that people are "born homosexual"or contain a gene that predisposes them to a homosexual lifestyle(and it is a lifestyle as evidenced by gay cruises,gay vacation resorts,gay parades,gay day events,and so on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
(and it is a lifestyle as evidenced by gay cruises,gay vacation resorts,gay parades,gay day events,and so on
That's the same as saying, "All black people eat fried chicken, watermelon, live off welfare and rob liquor stores".

Or I suppose a heterosexual who takes a heterosexual cruise, goes to heterosexual resorts, goes to Mardi Gras, etc., etc. is living the heterosexual lifestyle?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok, since you think by walking around is proof, then what do you call a person who is walking proof that thought like they way you do and left the gay lifestyle.....
I call that person someone who's in serious denial, a closet case, brainwashed by religion...

I've met a few "Ex-gays" and I before finding out that they were pretending to be hetero, I could just look at them and tell they were gay.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok, since you think by walking around is proof, then what do you call a person who is walking proof that thought like they way you do and left the gay lifestyle.....

The fact remains that it's still a choice .... either to become or remain homosexual. And that choice is a direct result of a desire that is against God's will and purpose.
I used to think it was just a choice when I analyzed the subject, until I met CHRISTIANS who were gay.
There are actually programs across the country (and a large one in Arlington, Tx) that attempt to help Christian homosexuals. I honestly do not any longer believe that it is a choice, but that somehow something has chemically changed in a persons brain to make them attracted to the same sex. Its not something people just do for attention, although Im sure that applies to some. Not many people would choose such a difficult way of life. Thats absurd to even suggest this. Who the hell wants to cry themselves to sleep every night because they know they cant marry a woman or have children? I know people like this. It nearly drives them to suicide. Its not a funny thing at all, nor is it an affliction of the soul. To make judgement of these people is to be a hypocrite and ignorant of the highest order. If it were something the devil had created, well praying about it definitely doesnt seem to work for people I know either. These people are asking, praying for an answer, and they get none. So how do you explain that?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:22 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
being in the mental health field for many years i have NEVER encountered a psychiatrist that professed the theory that people are "born homosexual"or contain a gene that predisposes them to a homosexual lifestyle(and it is a lifestyle as evidenced by gay cruises,gay vacation resorts,gay parades,gay day events,and so on
Being in the mental health field then, you should know that I am referring strictly to ones built in preference to sexual attraction and not ones preference in extra curricular activities.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
That is not what I was implying at all by "living their life". There are many homosexuals that live in monogamous relationships and there are many heterosexuals that sleet around. This shouldn't be an issue.

Regarding whether one is born gay- Who are we to believe, homosexuals them selves in addition to the psychiatric experts who back this up, or people with some sort of phobia of the "gay agenda".
I know what you meant - yet I wanted to make a point that truly living involves life, not death, health, not sickness.
AIDS & STDs spreading in high rates among homosexuals shouldn't be an issue, which is why I'm posting about this, so hopefully it will become less of an issue.

Despite decades of research, a "gay gene" has NEVER been found.
Nobody is born with an aversion to food as anorexics acquire, nor is anybody born with an aversion to the opposite sex, as homosexuals acquire.
So, why all of the insisting of homosexuality being natural, when our existence through conception shows otherwise & the APA defined homosexuality as a disorder?
For several years, the APA was being intimidated by a pro-homosexuality group. In 1971, Franklin Kameny threatened the APA by writing, "Our presence there was only the beginning of an increasingly intensive campaign by homosexuals to change the approach of psychiatry toward homosexuality or, failing that, to discredit psychiatry."

The term "homosexuality" was changed in the 1970's not because of science, but because of political pressure from a pro-homosexuality group.
So the question to ask, is "Who are we to believe.... science or politics?"

Pleroo,
Yeah, I've cited several research findings (in England, Australia & the USA - CDC) regarding BOTH gay men & lesbians having more partners, statistically, that is why they have much higher percentages of AIDS & STD cases.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 06-14-2011 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Pleroo,
Yeah, I've cited several research findings (in England, Australia & the USA - CDC) regarding BOTH gay men & lesbians having more partners, statistically, that is why they have much higher percentages of AIDS & STD cases.
SuperSoul, you misunderstood. I was not asking IF they had more partners, but if there had been any findings as to WHY. I don't think it can be assumed that the REASON they have more partners is BECAUSE it is not natural. Are there studies that indicate that is the case or is it because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Any findings on why that is? The reason I ask, is that itseems to me that the stigma that has been attached to homosexuality could possibly account for this. Being consistently told that one's natural inclination is deviant and the pressure to deny who one is hardly creates an environment which would be conducive to healthy development and behaviors. Just a thought, SS.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That's the same as saying, "All black people eat fried chicken, watermelon, live off welfare and rob liquor stores".

Or I suppose a heterosexual who takes a heterosexual cruise, goes to heterosexual resorts, goes to Mardi Gras, etc., etc. is living the heterosexual lifestyle?
No it's not the same as saying that.

It's not even the same as saying "all white people whom live in trailers are trailer trash, fat & nasty, in breed and recieving welfare checks".

It is saying what it is saying.

Last edited by gabfest; 06-14-2011 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
Here's what perplexes me. How can anyone consider themselves born gay and Christian, if being a saved, repentant Christian typically means you are a born AGAIN Christian? - Not a born again gay person.

Unless one considers their internal yearnings more powerful than the will of their God, does this not suggest that the switch is reset upon rebirth?

Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 AM

204 posts, read 201,167 times
I believe that these internal yearnings, (mentioned), are mistakenly construed as normal sexual orientation. Homosexuals understandably cling to the notion that they were born that way, simply because they're unable to identify a point of origin in their past. Others make the same assumption because they've never suffered a known interruption in their psycho-sexual development, such as sexual molestation. Through societal influence, ie., media, peer pressure, inconclusive science, as well as self introspection, an individual can easily become convinced that these perceived feelings are somehow innate, and equal to the romantic, emotional, and sexual attractions experienced by heterosexuals.

Let's consider, for a moment, the condition of Pedophilia, a sexual attraction toward prepubescent children, usually under 13yrs. of age. In this highly sexualized society, with very young teens literally mimicking poor role models, like Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton, prepubescent girls might draw the attention of an older male, however, genuine Pedophilia is one of the Paraphilias, which has been characterized by the APA, as a condition causing sexual urges, fantasies, and unusual activities. The verbiage seems slightly different from a description of normal sexuality, and even seems to differ from homosexuality, but if we examine the basic make-up of this dysfunction, the same foundational components are present. In Pedophilia, Homosexuality, or Heterosexuality, you still have 'sexual urges', fantasies, romantic attraction, and an emotional investment.

We try to distinguish Pedophilia by using other terms, so that the 'unnatural' and 'criminal' aspects are adequately emphasized. Pedophilia, (Diagnosis 302.2), in the DSM, has also been characterized as a condition causing an individual significant distress, impairment in social, occupational, and other areas. Interestingly enough, as is well known, the behavior of Pedophilia has been found among Priests, Ministers, and Businessmen. Are these people social misfits, who are too socially impaired to function normally in society? Of course not, and yet this was the rationale for removing homosexuality from the DSM as a disorder, in addition to there being no identifiable pathology, but the same could be said of Pedophilia!

This is flawed logic. If Priests, Ministers, and Businessmen clearly function well within society, while maintaining, and periodically acting upon, pedophiliac desires, Pedophilia is then, also a variation of normal sexuality.

The primary point is, if homosexuality was removed from the DSM simply because there was no clear pathology, and homosexuals seemed fine with their sexuality, and functioned well in society, the same could be said of other Paraphilias. These individuals, many of whom, cannot identify a point of origin that might explain their unusual behavior, could logically claim, as homosexuals do, that they were simply born that way, and few of these have actually ever laid claim to reasons associated with genetics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity