Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Do you honestly believe that if left to our own devices & having no training or "indoctrination", we'd all be gay or think homosexuality was natural??

If you believe that, then along that same line of logic, you'd believe that all children raised by gay parents are being trained & indoctrinated to think that heterosexuals are abnormal.
The overwhelming majority of those who oppose gays are religious conservatives, so yes, had you not been indoctrinated by misrepresented claims from your religion, you'd probably be more likely to accept homosexuality as natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM

204 posts, read 201,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Has anyone posted about this study yet?:

What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

I haven't gone over the details or reliability of the study yet, but it seems to be similar in nature to Simon LeVays study on a much larger scale.
So, assuming you've had a chance to review the available info. regarding the swedish study, what do you make of it?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:04 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
So, assuming you've had a chance to review the available info. regarding the swedish study, what do you make of it?
Ummm, actually no I haven't had a chance to look at it further this weekend. I'm very busy on weekends, especially Sunday. I'm not super passionate about this issue either way, I just like studying hard Christian issues and watching debates. I'll try to go over it tomorrow if I get a chance and maybe get a better idea of how reliable it is, but we'll see.

I'm nervous about getting too involved in this debate because there are so many "can of worms" issues surrounding it and it may be too big of a time sucker to get into it much further :/

Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Default acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The overwhelming majority of those who oppose gays are religious conservatives, so yes, had you not been indoctrinated by misrepresented claims from your religion, you'd probably be more likely to accept homosexuality as natural.
Perhaps the naturalness of homosexuality will become more and more evident when homosexuals began to produce viable homosexual off-springs with no assistance.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 AM

204 posts, read 201,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Ummm, actually no I haven't had a chance to look at it further this weekend. I'm very busy on weekends, especially Sunday. I'm not super passionate about this issue either way, I just like studying hard Christian issues and watching debates. I'll try to go over it tomorrow if I get a chance and maybe get a better idea of how reliable it is, but we'll see.

I'm nervous about getting too involved in this debate because there are so many "can of worms" issues surrounding it and it may be too big of a time sucker to get into it much further :/

Fair enough. It isn't really much of a debate. At times it doesn't even resemble a discussion. The OP hasn't really been effectively addressed in any of the many posts in this thread. Most opt for the hit and run method, or seem to be engaged in the futility of scriptural/spiritual disagreement.

I was just hoping to find at least one person who actually wanted to discuss posted sites. Americans, (not necessarily yourself), tend to repeatedly find an inordinate amount of comfort in the solace of their apathetic bliss.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Do you honestly believe that if left to our own devices & having no training or "indoctrination", we'd all be gay or think homosexuality was natural??
No to the former, yes to the latter. Humans are either gay, or they are not, ignoring for the sake of simplicity that some are both (bisexual). Hatred and condemnation of those who are is a learned behavior. You were taught that, by your parents, or your minister, or your friends, or perhaps all of the above.

Hopefully, in time, we will cease teaching such things. I believe we are on that track, but we're not there just yet.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Perhaps the naturalness of homosexuality will become more and more evident when homosexuals began to produce viable homosexual off-springs with no assistance.
Producing offspring is required to validate the normalcy of an intimate relationship? Guess my (heterosexual) marriage isn't normal, then.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
No to the former, yes to the latter. Humans are either gay, or they are not, ignoring for the sake of simplicity that some are both (bisexual). Hatred and condemnation of those who are is a learned behavior. You were taught that, by your parents, or your minister, or your friends, or perhaps all of the above.

Hopefully, in time, we will cease teaching such things. I believe we are on that track, but we're not there just yet.
The reason God warns about all forms sexual immorality is to let no one be deluded into thinking that such behavior that is practiced embraced and not fled from will result in the track that goes to hell.

What people have confused is that it is hateful not to warn and speak of God's condemnation for those who approve and practice it.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The reason God warns about all forms sexual immorality is to let no one be deluded into thinking that such behavior that is practiced embraced and not fled from will result in the track that goes to hell.
There is no hell, and your understanding of the true nature of god is so badly flawed that I sense you are a very young soul. That's okay you'll have as long as you need to mature, every one of us goes through the same process.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Almost every animal species on this planet has homosexuals in it, some more homosexuals than heterosexuals. And they haven't gone extinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity