Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,093 times

Advertisements

[quote=SuperSoul;19690510
Preferences that go against health & anatomy are mostly learned behavior. [/QUOTE]

Codswallop. Homosexuals no more chose to be homosexual than you or I "chose" to be heterosexual. When exactly did you make that choice, anyway? Do you think if you tried hard enough you could go the other way?

Me neither.

Quote:
Some refer to homosexuality as if it defines a person.
Yeah, and I'd say it's those on your side of the argument. You are the ones obsessed with denying rights to other people because they're homosexual, and relishing every moment of it. Shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,542 times
DentalFloss,
Please explain exactly what "rights" I am denying.
And please explain just how I'm "relishing" it.

Heterosexuality is in line with how we were created, & in how anatomy of 2 of the opposite sex naturally fit together. It's not rocket science!

If homosexual preferences could not be changed, then why do so many change? Why do gay guys & lesbians get turned on enough to have sex with those of the opposite sex, as well as those of the same sex?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Please explain exactly what "rights" I am denying.
The Supreme Court (and common sense) has stated that the right to wed is a fundamental human right.

Quote:
Heterosexuality is in line with how we were created, & in how anatomy of 2 of the opposite sex naturally fit together.
There is no sexual act done by homosexuals that is not routinely practiced by heterosexuals as well. And if we were created to be heterosexual only, we would be. Our creator designer homosexuality, or at least allowed the laws of physics to enable it.

Quote:
Why do gay guys & lesbians get turned on enough to have sex with those of the opposite sex, as well as those of the same sex?
It's called bisexuality, and it's likely much more common than you think. My wife is bisexual, so I think it's fair to say I have a good deal more experience and understanding about it than you do. She didn't choose it, it is simply part of who she is.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
The Supreme Court (and common sense) has stated that the right to wed is a fundamental human right.
Yes because common sense tells us that all babies are created by a man & a woman.
The chief purpose of marriage is to protect children.
Quote:
There is no sexual act done by homosexuals that is not routinely practiced by heterosexuals as well. And if we were created to be heterosexual only, we would be. Our creator designer homosexuality, or at least allowed the laws of physics to enable it.
Our Creator designed us as human beings with brains capable of choosing health, or sickness, life or death.
Also, we've been given the ability & responsibility to explore our souls... to compassionately observe & correct harmful thoughts that produce feelings, instead of just impulsively acting on passion.

Although some heterosexuals engage in anal sex, the majority do not because:
1. It hurts!
2. Possibility of spreading infection (esp. if vaginal sex afterwards)
3. Damage to the woman's or man's anus
4. Possible urinary infection
5. Possible colon rupture
Quote:
It's called bisexuality, and it's likely much more common than you think. My wife is bisexual, so I think it's fair to say I have a good deal more experience and understanding about it than you do. She didn't choose it, it is simply part of who she is.
Change is a part of who everyone is. We are not the same person from one second to the next!
Yet, when one denies the idea that they are responsible for their thoughts & decisions, they give up empowerment & a large part of who they are.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
The chief purpose of marriage is to protect children.
According to whom? Is there a single statute anywhere that even intimates as such? My wife is, for all practical purposes, sterile. Should our marriage be dissolved?

Quote:
Although some heterosexuals engage in anal sex, the majority do not because:
A- Assumes facts not in evidence
B- Even if true, is irrelevant for the fact is homosexuals do not partake in a single sex act not also done by heterosexuals
C- You forget women are homosexual too, and do not engage in anal sex. In fact, statistically, it's safer to be a lesbian than to be straight.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I don’t deny what the scriptures state about homosexuality TS, the scriptures state it is wrong therefore it is wrong.
This is the main reason why what makes many gay and uninformed Christians upset \ confrontational about the subject.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
According to whom? Is there a single statute anywhere that even intimates as such? My wife is, for all practical purposes, sterile. Should our marriage be dissolved?
Of course not. You & your wife are 2 adults, capable of taking care of yourself if you split up. Children are not as ready for independence. Ideally & often, many people who want to start families get married first. Marriage is intended to ensure that children are taken care of. Statistically, children do better in families where the parents are married. Marriage provides a structure of helping to keep a family intact, or in providing for childrens' needs should the parents divorce (through child support, wage garnishing, custody rights, visitation rights etc.).

"Children raised outside of intact marriages are at greater risk for a large number of serious personal and social problems, even after controlling for race, income, and family background."
http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/Wh...iage%20For.pdf

For more info about the rights & responsibilities of Marriages in the United States...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_..._United_States

Old 06-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Of course not. You & your wife are 2 adults, capable of taking care of yourself if you split up.
So what? A few posts ago you used the fact that homosexuals cannot breed to justify denying them marriage, because marriage is for there're chiiiiildren. Then you say it's perfectly okay for me to be married despite the fact that the same condition also applies to me. Makes no sense.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM

DentalFloss,
I never wrote that. It's funny that you keep telling me what I didn't write.
But since you brought it up, let's discuss marriage.

I can empathize with responsible couples who have homosexual preferences, who may want marital rights or to adopt children. Yet, legally redefining marriage to include any 2 who want to be together is not in the best interest of society at large. Most people who want to marry are heterosexual.
Do we take down stop signs when an ambulance has to run them?

The purpose of laws is to keep order & to benefit the most number of people.
Those with homosexual preferences make up between 3-8% of the US population.
They are not able to reproduce, so the risk of children being left in the cold is not a concern, without legal adoption.
Also, as I posted before, several studies - (let me know if you'd like links)... reveal that children do better socially, psychologically, physically & educationally, being raised by the complimentary balance of a mother & father.
Therefore, what benefits most people, especially children, is marriage between a man & a woman.

Furthermore, in some cases where gay marriage has been enacted, others' rights have been infringed upon...
Yes on Proposition 8: California Protect Marriage Amendment

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I can empathize with responsible couples who have homosexual preferences, who may want marital rights or to adopt children.
Thus far, the empathy you claim is not in evidence.

Quote:
Yet, legally redefining marriage to include any 2 who want to be together is not in the best interest of society at large. Most people who want to marry are heterosexual.
So what? Homosexuals are, in fact, less numerous than heterosexuals. But you have not demonstrated how giving them the right to wed harms society, you're merely assuming it to be true. Even if it is you must then demonstrate how violating their rights is the lesser of the available "evils" to have a case.

Quote:
They are not able to reproduce, so the risk of children being left in the cold is not a concern, without legal adoption.
So because they cannot reproduce they cannot wed? You've already said its okay for my wife and I, despite the fact that we cannot reproduce. Why is there any difference?

As for your prop 8 nonsense, it's been struck down by the lower court, and that was upheld by the appeals court. Be careful what you wish for, for if SCOTUS upholds the appeals court ruling, gay marriage will be the law of the land in all 50 states by judicial decree. As it should be, but that route will make it happen much faster than just letting it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity