Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times

Advertisements

Just thinking out loud here...

Love conquers all.
Wide road that leads to destruction.
Narrow road that leads to life.

What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Life everlasting.
Eternal.
"especially those who beleive"

Darkness is somewhat of an illusion.
Non-love ONLY exists in this temporary SEEN realm, while LOVE exists in BOTH this temporary seen realm and the unseen ETERNAL realm.
BECAUSE Love conquers ALL. Which means that Non-Love is what is on the wide path to destruction. Non-love is being destroyed.

Non-love (which some call evil/sin/darkness) is actually an illusion, it is not real in the sense that LOVE is real. Because it dissipates so readily from existence from conquering presence of LOVE. It is illusion.

Just like a dream at night is an illusion...
While we are sleeping we can't know that we are in a dream.
Just like in this life we cannot know that non-love is actually perhaps an illusion.

I'm not saying that it is not REAL to us right now, that we don't suffer, etc. I'm not saying that. But this is the TEMPORARY realm. Perhaps this life will, in a strange way, be as like a dream. Perhaps when we die, it will be like awakening... We will have gained the knowledge but will realize that non-love WAS like a shadow... when whatever is BLOCKING the sun is removed, the shadow dissipates into nothingness. It is not real.

We are real. Our lives are real. But the non-love is part of the temporary realm and does not follow us into the eternal realm. The thing that was blocking the light, and bringing the shadow (non-love) into existence will be removed....and the non-love will dissipate into nothingness where it belongs. That within each of us that is NON-LOVE is on that WIDE path to destruction which exists in this temporary realm, this temporary climbing around in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, while that which is within us that is LOVE stays on that path that leads to life.. the path that exists in this temporary realm and leads right INTO the eternal realm. Love does not DIE. LOVE NEVER ENDS.

Anyone have anything to add or discuss or tear apart with me? Like I said I am just thinking aloud here. This may seem seem a bit convoluted right now, but just pondering and looking at some pieces that seem to tie in together, a big picture.

peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Love is the narrow path that leads to the Kingdom of God through the power of the Spirit that indwells us; for love and hate cannot cohabitate.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the narrow path that leads to the Kingdom of God through the power of the Spirit that indwells us; for love and hate cannot cohabitate.

Yes...
I like the way you worded that.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Love conquers all.

Life everlasting.
Eternal.

Non-love ONLY exists in this temporary SEEN realm, while LOVE exists in BOTH this temporary seen realm and the unseen ETERNAL realm.
BECAUSE Love conquers ALL. Which means that Non-Love is what is on the wide path to destruction. Non-love is being destroyed.

Non-love (which some call evil/sin/darkness) is actually an illusion, it is not real in the sense that LOVE is real. Because it dissipates so readily from existence from conquering presence of LOVE. It is illusion.

Just like in this life we cannot know that non-love is actually perhaps an illusion.

I'm not saying that it is not REAL to us right now, that we don't suffer, etc. I'm not saying that. But this is the TEMPORARY realm. Perhaps this life will, in a strange way, be as like a dream. Perhaps when we die, it will be like awakening... We will have gained the knowledge but will realize that non-love WAS like a shadow... when whatever is BLOCKING the sun is removed, the shadow dissipates into nothingness. It is not real.

We are real. Our lives are real. But the non-love is part of the temporary realm and does not follow us into the eternal realm. The thing that was blocking the light, and bringing the shadow (non-love) into existence will be removed....and the non-love will dissipate into nothingness where it belongs. That within each of us that is NON-LOVE is on that WIDE path to destruction which exists in this temporary realm, this temporary climbing around in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, while that which is within us that is LOVE stays on that path that leads to life.. the path that exists in this temporary realm and leads right INTO the eternal realm. Love does not DIE. LOVE NEVER ENDS.

Anyone have anything to add or discuss or tear apart with me? Like I said I am just thinking aloud here. This may seem seem a bit convoluted right now, but just pondering and looking at some pieces that seem to tie in together, a big picture.

peace,
sparrow
Love never fails. It has never failed me. I agree with you. He that Loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love. Love is very powerful...

God's burden is light.... Just love your neighbor as yourself.

Great OP!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,871,129 times
You guys ever wondered how Paul seems to be going on a tangent in ICor. 13? The entire chapter is all about love, love, love... but then somewhere down the line he seems to go on a tangent. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

This is very similar to what the OP is saying. That evil is an illusion and this world that we live in is just a reflection of the realities themselves. And the only thing that is leading us to the actual reality of who we truly are is love itself .

Old 06-04-2011, 01:45 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,625 times
reminds me of a class I once took,A Course in Miracles.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Love conquers all.

Life everlasting.
Eternal.

peace,
sparrow
Another superb post, sparrow . . . you are a wonderful inspiration for all the lurkers out there. . . . can't rep you for a while.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
The evil darkness around a believers temporal life will be gone as they pass from this life ...... Were the world will have wait until Jesus Second-coming , then the earth will be free of all darkness and evil for thousand years Jesus promises then the devil will be be released as sin comes to the decedent of the righteous to deceive the Nations once again, then after the Great Judgment , evil will be gone for good ...Glory to God.....

Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Love never fails. It has never failed me. I agree with you. He that Loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love. Love is very powerful...

God's burden is light.... Just love your neighbor as yourself.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
You guys ever wondered how Paul seems to be going on a tangent in ICor. 13? The entire chapter is all about love, love, love... but then somewhere down the line he seems to go on a tangent. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

This is very similar to what the OP is saying. That evil is an illusion and this world that we live in is just a reflection of the realities themselves. And the only thing that is leading us to the actual reality of who we truly are is love itself .

I like what you said in the bold above. Thanks for sharing that thought.

The first part, of the post, can you tell me what you think that part is speaking of "I spoke as a child.. etc."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity