Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I do all the time! When I am impatient and become mad when I'm stuck in traffic or I'm short with my husband because I am exhausted after a long day. Those are sins that I don't purposely think about before I do them.
But don't you have control over your thoughts? If not, why not?

Is that a violation of the commandments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But don't you have control over your thoughts? If not, why not?

Is that a violation of the commandments?

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Captive: subjugate, bring under control

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 AM

672 posts, read 665,462 times
If we are True Believers, Thats the result of being a child of Promise, to become a believer. When God told Abraham He would multiply His Seed, He was speaking to Abraham as a Man of Faith, hence, the seed that God would multiply would be Children of Faith as well.

Thats why Believers are said to be the Children or seed of Abraham, observe:

Rom 4:12,16

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3:7,9

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Every time one is brought to Faith in Christ, its God fulfilling His Promise to Abraham to multiply His seed, so believers in Christ are children of promise.

People who never come to Faith in Christ, were not Children of promise, whether jew or gentile.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
People who never come to Faith in Christ, were not Children of promise, whether jew or gentile.
That's just it. There will not be anyone that does not come to faith in Christ.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 7:9 After these things I saw, and lo, a great multitude, which to number no one was able, out of all nations, and tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne, and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands,

It's not that the number of the multitude is a mystery or is unknown. But rather, no one WAS ABLE to number the multitude. There is simply NO number to the multitude! It's simply all inclusive.

All (Judas, Cain, Esau, Hitler, SBSG, AlabamaStorm, fill in the blank "_________") are or will, come to faith in Christ.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM

alabama:

Quote:
That's just it. There will not be anyone that does not come to faith in Christ.

Thats a lie, what scripture says that ?

Jesus stated that many even of His day, who were not believers, that they shall not see life.

Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
alabama:

Jesus stated that many even of His day, who were not believers, that they shall not see life.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The lie is that a person needs a scripture to say something that they expect, if you want to just compare scriptures for what they say, you will have a better time proving the bible contradicts itself, so your point here is irrelevant. The second someone offers a scripture to you that contradicts a scripture you post, you wil then explain that one of the scriptures does not mean what it says. All doctrines do that because that action is based entirely upon the context you apply to scripture.

You apply the context that God actually hates some human beings as a whole. Someone else like me will apply a context that says what God hates is what is bad in us but loves what is good in us.

Those contexts will determine which scriptures are takes at face value and which scriptures are "explained" within the context. EVERY one will do this when they defend their beliefs with the bible.

An unbeliever does not see the life of Christ because , well, they don't believe, but the wrath of God is not wrath based on human emotion, it is a wrath that remains on a person for the purpose of making sure they do not remain an unbeliever.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 PM

phazel:

Quote:
An unbeliever does not see the life of Christ because , well, they don't believe, but the wrath of God is not wrath based on human emotion, it is a wrath that remains on a person for the purpose of making sure they do not remain an unbeliever.
Bunch of nonesene. Jesus states that they shall not see life, which is pointing to the future.

Shall not see life, its future tense and indicative mood, meaning, its a simple statement of fact that they wont see life. They have no future hope at all. I dont care how you try to do a twist job.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
phazel:

Bunch of nonesene. Jesus states that they shall not see life, which is pointing to the future.

Shall not see life, its future tense and indicative mood, meaning, its a simple statement of fact that they wont see life. They have no future hope at all. I dont care how you try to do a twist job.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
See: optanomai = to appear

The life they don't see is eternal life, which as defined by Jesus is to know God and the one he sent (John 17). They are blind to what is already so... They just don't SEE it yet.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
alabama:

A lie?!?...lol...We've already had this discussion regarding the Greek construction of the text, in another thread. So there is really no reason to have it again, right?

As for the scripture that says all will come to the knowledge of the truth:

1Ti 2:4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;

Every person, ALL without exception, will come to this knowledge of the truth. And ALL will do so in the rebirth of their spirit by the Spirit.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Bingo. Two natures bound up together. Until the harvest. If more people understood that, they'd stop judging everyone else and start judging themselves. Jesus speaking to Peter: "Get thee behind me, Satan".

YES. And then more people would understand:

- Narrow way that leads to life, wide road that leads to destruction.

- Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left

- As in Adam, ALL die... so in Christ shall ALL live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity