Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:20 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,970,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How does a man who cannot see,reject what he cannot see ?

"He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."John 12:40.

It's God who opens the eyes of the blind, and when is eyes are opened he beholds is Savior.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.2 Cor 4:6.

Each one of us is in this position until God opens our eyes.
This is a misrepresentation of scripture. Those people were blind because they did not want the truth, so Jesus spoke parables to them. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye - Acts 7:51. The Holy Spirit draws, but if we resist Him, then we will remain bound.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:21 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,049,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The refining fire of the Holy Ghost is accomplished here on earth, not after death in hell fire.
By your logic, most every Jew and person outside of Christianity (of which there are BILLIONS) will be cast into a literal lake of fire by God to burn forever. That is an abomination to teach such a thing and most certainly does not glorify God. Do you understand the meaning of GLORIFY?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,457,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This is a misrepresentation of scripture. Those people were blind because they did not want the truth, so Jesus spoke parables to them. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye - Acts 7:51. The Holy Spirit draws, but if we resist Him, then we will remain bound.
So obviously you were not blind before you heard the truth. I will gladly say in all humility all that i have and am,is down to him. 1 Cor 1:31.

I know you might find this difficult to accept but you were as stiff knecked as they come.

Flesh and blood as not REVEALED this unto you but my Father in heaven.

Also whoever the Father draws,comes too.No one(including you Mr Graham) can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draw him:

Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,044,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
If we are all the "children of the one God", then why did Jesus say that some people are children of the devil? Was He lying? The Bible mentions BOTH children of God, and children of the devil. Not everyone on earth is a child of God.

John 8:44
1 John 3:10
Acts 13:9-10
2 Peter 2:10

Bud
The "devil" is our own selves doing those things that are not in harmony with God. It's not a literal devil. When we overcome those "sinfull" desires, we will no longer be called sinners. We have always and will always be children of God since He created every one of us. Maybe you should have someone else interpret your bible for you. Sya, someone who lived in that time or how about the author of every book in the bible so that you can understand why they wrote what they did. Maybe go to the editors and see if you can understand why they rewrote it many times to hide the truth.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,548,479 times
Quote:
How does a man who cannot see,reject what he cannot see ?

"He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."John 12:40.

Each one of us is in this position until God opens our eyes.

It's God who opens the eyes of the blind, and when his eyes are opened he beholds his Savior.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.2 Cor 4:6.
Why do you persist in taking one context subject and combining it with a different context subject matter......

Your answer is found in the same Chapter in John 12:40
John 12:37 Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him.
Why ?
John 12:38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:
So tell us .......... how does death change anything?
If people still refuse after they see all the miraculous signs before they die what will any miraculous sign or wonder do afterwards.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,251,332 times
That anyone or thing exists is the will of God, without which nothing exists. Therein, all are saved.

Yeaaaahhhhh Christ ! ! !

Jesus is simply a perception of the word of God. Most people who think they know Jesus really only know what others have told them.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,251,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Oops my vote was in the wrong spot
Of course Christ will save the world
? ? ? What about the universe ? ? ?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,970,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
By your logic, most every Jew and person outside of Christianity (of which there are BILLIONS) will be cast into a literal lake of fire by God to burn forever.
It's their sins that send them to hell fire. Except for that, what you said is true, but they can only blame themselves. Jesus paid the supreme price for them, but they pushed it aside as something worthless; they did not sell all to buy the one pearl of great price.

Matthew 13
[45] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
[46] Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Notwithstanding, can one's desire for these people to have a second chance to be refined in hell change the truth? It can't be done. The highway to Heaven must be entered through the Cross, cleansed by blood -- and that Cross is here on earth at Mt. Calvary.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,665,139 times
Quote:
Also whoever the Father draws,comes too.No one(including you Mr Graham) can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draw him:
Amen!! That's EXACTLY what the Bible says!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,463,845 times
Default Jesus' name means "God [not Jesus] saves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I didn't vote because it's not up to Jesus to save all people because it's the individuals choice, not Jesus'. He would like that all be saved but, because of a lot of ignorance as to His true teachings, a lot of people won't follow them. Those who follow the narrow gate will be saved, all others will still carry the inclination to sin but yet they will be perfect as our first parents were perfect before the fall.
I agree and disagree.

The question, as worded, was not if "Jesus" saves all people, but "Christ". I do not see these as one and the same. Jesus was a human being, the Christ is the annointing of the Spirit of God which I believe the Bible says filled Jesus completely. So, I agree that it is not up to Jesus, the human being, to save people, but I disagree that we save ourselves by our actions. Rather it is God doing the saving. We are saved by the filling of the Spirit of God/Love which produces Love in and through us and overcomes our darkness/sin.

However, where the idea of "Christ" failing comes in for me (and the reason I also didn't vote) is not knowing if this life is all we have or if there is, indeed, an afterlife. If the latter, then I would agree that Christ cannot fail. However, it is obvious that we are not all saved in this lifetime .. and by "all" I mean not only that not all people experience God's love, but also that even those who do, do not experience it to all it's fulness. So, if this one physical life is all we have and there is not continuance in any form that is individually conscious, then full salvation for all obviously cannot be achieved, imho.

Last edited by Pleroo; 07-04-2011 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: clarifying "continuance"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity