Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 AM

488 posts, read 1,254,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jesus, the man of flesh and blood is not coming back physically to earth (as far as I can understand).
then you don't understand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,043,888 times
Quote:
Jesus, the man of flesh and blood is not coming back physically to earth (as far as I can understand).
doesn'tspringtomind wrote:
Quote:
then you don't understand...
That's your opinion. I do not need you to teach me anything. How about just stating what you believe rather than accusing me of not understanding. I think it would be wise if the dogmatists around here could learn to communicate in that way rather than thinking they are here to teach everyone. Jesus said not to DESIRE to be a teacher. I wonder why he said that? I've read enough of your posts to know that you're a zealot who is easily excited about "end times" teachers.

As I said before, Jesus will never again return in a mortal body. We must be transformed to "see him". And we shall be.

Heartsong

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,099,400 times
What we expect and what will be are two different things really. Few on looking recognised Jesus by sight when he appear the first time.Who even know how he will return but we know the results.But Christians will recognise him as he will make himself known to them.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 AM

492 posts, read 1,153,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Quote:

As I said before, Jesus will never again return in a mortal body. We must be transformed to "see him". And we shall be.
Heartsong
I agree with you that in order to see Christ, one must be in tune and prepared. Christ is in such a profound state of bliss that is incomprehensible for a mere mortal to grasp. Mortals must aim to meet him at his incredible and unimaginable "beautiful" realm. Why must we drag him down to this bizarre, unpredictable world where decay reigns?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
When Christians believe that Jesus will return, are they expecting a man who looks exactly like the Jesus of biblical times (perhaps with more modern clothes, etc.), a "reincarnated" figure that has the "spirit" of Jesus, or just a return of the "spirit of Jesus" amongst the people?
There will be no mistaking who He is when it happens.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
"This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11

For all you who question how Jesus will look, Acts 1:11 is the answer.

Jesus proved his was no "ghost" to the disciples Luke 24:39
Jesus went into heaven with a cloud covering him Acts 1:9
Jesus comes from heaven with a cloud being uncovered Luke 21:27, Mark 14:62, Mark 13:26, Matthew 24:30

Jesus will be returning as a the Godman the OT prophets wished to see, the NT carpenter's son from Bethlehem, the Jewish Godman that the Jews rejected, despise and attempted to despose of more than once when he walked the earth.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-07-2011 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: look is not spelt lokkk ...:(

Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,450,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11

For all you who question Acts 1:11 is the answer.

Jesus proved his was no "ghost" to the disciples Luke 24:39
Jesus went into heaven with a cloud covering him Acts 1:9
Jesus comes from heaven with a cloud being uncovered Luke 21:27, Mark 14:62, Mark 13:26, Matthew 24:30
That's one way to interpret it, and I'm not saying Twin is wrong, though I don't see it the same way. Just offering another way to interpret the "cloud" to ponder:

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses,

Rom 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Christ came/comes/is coming in His body, the great cloud of witnesses.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM

492 posts, read 1,153,124 times
Jesus Christ never went anywhere, he is always within us. When someone poses the question when he will return then he is putting time and space limits to God. Jesus Christ transcends time and space. For those who are ready for him then Jesus is available to them here and now. Others who are not ready to see him; then they will have to wait for hundreds, thousands or even millions and millions of years and eons to be able to see him. Of course they will have to reincarnate many times over.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,450,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
Jesus Christ never went anywhere, he is always within us.
If that is directed at me, I don't disgaree. The spirit of the Christ is within us... as was said on another thread by another poster, it is a matter of recognizing that. To say that Christ "came/is coming/will come" is just another way of saying that Christ is always with us, progressively overcoming the darkness in each of us, imo.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Jesus, the man of flesh and blood is not coming back physically to earth (as far as I can understand). We are going to him - through death. When I read through the following scriptures, the message I get is that we are to "watch and pray" because no one knows the day or hour (of his/her own death) and we should strive to be ready to meet Christ without regret or shame. The great and terrible day of the Lord is something that happens to each of us individually.
The end comes sooner than most think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity