Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:47 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The end comes sooner than most think.
Does this mean you think I'm going to die soon? Or is this just a general statement about how short our time in this world is - a tiny drop - a vapor. Of course God knows when the end is coming for us. But I do hope I get to see my grandson again in August and I hope my plane is not going to crash. Flying always makes me nervous.
No one really WANTS to die.
(well, except certain people who are extremely depressed or distressed, I suppose).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Does this mean you think I'm going to die soon? Or is this just a general statement about how short our time in this world is - a tiny drop - a vapor. Of course God knows when the end is coming for us.
But I do hope I get to see my grandson again in August and I hope my plane is not going to crash.
Flying always makes me nervous.
No one really WANTS to die.
(well, except certain people who are extremely depressed or distressed, I suppose).

Love Never Evaporates

Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 AM

910 posts, read 1,340,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
When Christians believe that Jesus will return, are they expecting a man who looks exactly like the Jesus of biblical times (perhaps with more modern clothes, etc.), a "reincarnated" figure that has the "spirit" of Jesus, or just a return of the "spirit of Jesus" amongst the people?

OP, your post is appropriate and timely. There are four issues involved here

a) Will he come back physically?
b) Has he come spiritually?
c) Will he drop or hang in the sky?
d) Will he come as a spirit and as a human being?
e) Has he already come?

Let me help with the issues

Will he come back Physically?

To answer this we go back to scriptures. In Rev 1

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
KJV

He will be on the earth as a human being, he will come incognito (as a thief) but in the end all shall know him and when we know him, we shall wail because of him. Those who pierced him are dead and gone but they are already reincarnated on earth. A lot of them are with us pastoring over churches and selling us their understanding of his 2nd coming!! As they did not recognize him the first time, so too will they not recognize him the second time. Little wonder they will wail because of him!!

Has he come spiritually?

O yes! After his death, he started his spiritual work in earnest. He went to the Hades to release souls and spirits under the prison of Lucifer. When he resurrected, he was now multiplied in many places. That is why you could be in the room and he manifests without the door being opened. He assumed is omnipresence state. He is the Holy spirit and he is everywhere.

Will he drop or hang in the sky?

'He comes with clouds' is often misinterpreted by Christians to mean he will drop from the sky. It means he comes with the full powers and mysteries of God. Cloud denotes God's power and presence. That was why the two angels told the disciples not to bother watching the sky for him as he would come back as a human being, the same manner they saw him ascend. Rev 12:6, confirms that he will be born to rule the world. Isaiah 9:16 also confirms the same.

Will he come as a spirit and as a human being?

Yes!! He as God has an active duality of existence. We as human beings have a passive duality. He is both a human and a spirit and can operate in the two modes at any time or at the same time.

Has he already come?

Yes!
The 'thief' is already in our midst! The prayer Thy kingdom come has been fulfilled. That explains the instability that is rocking the world. The world is pregnant and going through birth pains. If you read Mathew 24 carefully, all the signs that shows his coming have all come to pass. If he has not come, it means he is a liar! But he is not! His words are true. The big question is do you or I know him? Will he come as Jesus? Will he come as a Son of God?

The one born to rule is in our midst, directing all we see around us. he is incognito now. Very very soon, we shall all know him and then we shall wail fulfilling the Biblical prophecy.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:04 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love Never Evaporates
oh, that's a lovely thought/picture

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity