Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times

Advertisements

God has been revealing to me so much lately. One of them is eternity. We as humans have false views of what eternity in Heaven is. Eternity means never ending of course. But we seem to equate that with time. We seem to think about along the lines of "I wonder what I'm going to be doing 1 million years from now?" or "Eternity in Heaven? Surely I'm gonna to be bored after a year..." or something similar. In Heaven, there is no time!! Not time like we know it such as minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, & years. That doesn't exist in Heaven. Life simply goes on in Heaven. And there is no night either. It is bright and sunny all the time! But not like Earth. It's bright with the light of God. It's sort of similar to a continuous beautiful summer day. Minus the heat. You have the choice to sleep if you wish. You have the choice to eat. They are not necessities. But pleasures we have all enjoyed on Earth and thus God has made it the same for us in Heaven. We never get tired. And you will most certainly never be bored with all the things to do. It's just like Earth only bigger and holy and righteous all around. Everything beautiful on Earth is already in Heaven. Everything you ever enjoyed that was fun and clean is in Heaven. All your biggest desires will be fulfilled and it's full of peace and love there. In other words, life goes on. That's eternity in Heaven. It's not measured in time. Life just keeps going on. It doesn't end. When you die in Christ, you have just started your life. While everyone's crying and sobbing over your death, they don't know you will probably be at the beach or flying high above the skies or surfing at one of Heaven's surf parks or at the library or exploring space and visiting the many planets and galaxies. Life goes on as it did on Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
All I care about is it will be beautiful and full of God's Chosen, not like this awful, sinful mortal earth we live in now. I pray for God's coming every night, now THAT would be my reason for existing!

Old 07-22-2011, 04:44 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
'What is so hard to comprehend about eternity?'

Well, since something cannot come from nothing - nothing.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,657,226 times
Default boredatwork

Eternity isnt hard to explain its just that the human brain is apart of a finite being. As a finite being we are conditioned by time. Everything must have a beginning and ending. Time and space is required for evolution. But GOD dsnt evolve. If there was no beginning nor ending that means heaven has always existed in the eternal past(). Its the universes that evolve BUT if the tensions of reality is between Absolute(perfect)and subabsolute(imperfect) then thats the arena in which these potentials become actuals.(what). If GOD is eternal and infinite, then can potentials become actuals eternally and infinitely. Because part of GOD is in humans the 2 work together to create the human soul. While the human body returns to dust and perishes with natural death its this new created human soul that enables us to be apart of the eternal potential future all the way to perfection until we actually attain god-likeness. Personality and mind being the gift of GOD will be re-encircuited in this new soul which will again become personally "you" minus your human body and animal nature in the next life if you so chose. (Can you imagine GOD with all the power of everthing made his will subordinate to the choice of human will so that we may be freewill creatures.) You really "choose" your own fate in every daily decision.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:08 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
What is so hard to comprehend about eternity?
We're finite beings in a finite world. There are certain sounds we can't hear, certain light wavelengths we can't see, etc.

Being human is all about the limitations.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:37 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
God has been revealing to me so much lately. One of them is eternity. We as humans have false views of what eternity in Heaven is. Eternity means never ending of course. But we seem to equate that with time. We seem to think about along the lines of "I wonder what I'm going to be doing 1 million years from now?" or "Eternity in Heaven? Surely I'm gonna to be bored after a year..." or something similar. In Heaven, there is no time!! Not time like we know it such as minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, & years. That doesn't exist in Heaven. Life simply goes on in Heaven. And there is no night either. It is bright and sunny all the time! But not like Earth. It's bright with the light of God. It's sort of similar to a continuous beautiful summer day. Minus the heat. You have the choice to sleep if you wish. You have the choice to eat. They are not necessities. But pleasures we have all enjoyed on Earth and thus God has made it the same for us in Heaven. We never get tired. And you will most certainly never be bored with all the things to do. It's just like Earth only bigger and holy and righteous all around. Everything beautiful on Earth is already in Heaven. Everything you ever enjoyed that was fun and clean is in Heaven. All your biggest desires will be fulfilled and it's full of peace and love there. In other words, life goes on. That's eternity in Heaven. It's not measured in time. Life just keeps going on. It doesn't end. When you die in Christ, you have just started your life. While everyone's crying and sobbing over your death, they don't know you will probably be at the beach or flying high above the skies or surfing at one of Heaven's surf parks or at the library or exploring space and visiting the many planets and galaxies. Life goes on as it did on Earth.
You have some interesting ideas here. You are right that when someone dies his spirit goes on to a whole new world different from the suffering on earth. His spirit will be aware of the crying and pain those he left behind are experiencing but he is enjoying the new world. The earth plane is the smallest of all planes created by God. The spirit plane is vast and there is no male or female or any differentiation based on skin colour etc. Our nearness to God in that plane is dictated by our state of purity.

Christ promised us the gift of eternal life as believers. That means living on in the world from generation to generation. To make it simpler, it means living, 'dieing', and living in a continuous everlasting cycle. When a believer dies, he goes into the spirit world (heaven) and at the right time his spirit is sent back to the earth for a new assignment by God. He may have died an American, and he comes back as a baby born in Ukraine or Sudan etc. You come here to the world to carry out one assignment or the order and for each assignment, you will come with a different body but the same spirit. That is reincarnation - true believers are promised eternal reincarnation. The term death is actually a misnomer, because the spirit lives on, its just the house that was discarded- much like a snail discards an old shell and puts on a new one. That was why in Rev 1, John talked about the fact that all eyes will see him even those who killed him. Those who killed him have long died but they also reincarnate to behold him. That was why Paul spoke in 1 Thes 4, that we should not grieve over the dead brethren, because they would 'rise' first - in other words they would also be reincarnated at the right term to see Christ in his 2nd advent.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
All I care about is it will be beautiful and full of God's Chosen, not like this awful, sinful mortal earth we live in now. I pray for God's coming every night, now THAT would be my reason for existing!
That's very sad to hear and a major reason why these kind of beliefs are actually harmful. You're missing out on how great this life on this earth can be!

Old 07-23-2011, 03:30 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Nothing is forever.

Even your god won't have beings to torment with silly rules, demanding weekly rituals to stroke his ego, for in a mere 5 billion years, the sun will incinerate all the inner planets.

Since the universe is a mere 14+ billion years old, time is short for gods time to mismanage this little rock, as compared to eternity.

But odds are that man will remedy the situation long before that as we destroy ourselves fighting over which of the gods is the real one, or one of the pieces of his imperfectly created solar system takes us out in an instant. Somewhere out there a rock big enough to destroy this rock has our name on it, that's how things work in the real world.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Wow, that is such negative a way to go through life.

And proven as a determent to health;
Quote:
Studies have shown that every single thought we have is ingrained into our cells and into our DNA. Over time negative thought patterns can manifest in physical illness. Because these thoughts are in our DNA any disease or illness that manifests in us can be passed on to future generations. Negative thought patterns that can lead to physical ailments include stress, anxiety, anger and resentment. All of these have been shown to be a contributing factor in disorders and diseases such as cardiovascular disease, ulcers, blood pressure problems, headaches and respiratory problems.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...your_life.html

Perhaps you should check this out: http://www.medicinenet.com/depression/page11.htm

Old 07-23-2011, 07:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Nothing is forever.

Even your god won't have beings to torment with silly rules, demanding weekly rituals to stroke his ego, for in a mere 5 billion years, the sun will incinerate all the inner planets.

Why does the born again atheist post here? If I were you I would just enjoy life and not post here. That's why I don't really post on the atheist forum. Wate of time, unless you are trying to justify your worldview.

Esp. when your understanding of the spiritual is incorrect at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity