Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:27 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times

Advertisements

A Marietta, Ga., mom who was convicted of jaywalking after her 4-year-old son was run over and killed in a hit-and-run said on the Today Show that the worst part of going to jail would be the separation from her two remaining kids.

Read more here: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...151356884.html

Casey Anthony gets free and she goes to jail. Something is very wrong here. Where is the compassion one to another that Jesus spoke about in the Bible? Anybody else see's anything wrong with this picture? I'm broken over this. Pray for her, she's one of God's children isn't she?

Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 08:38 PM

8,169 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Thanks for sharing this.
What a sad story and how ridiculous are the charges against her!

I found a petition for her, Betsey:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/669/545/347/

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,482 times
I watched the interview with her and was deeply saddened. I was praying for her and will continue to do so.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,015 times
Quote:
Where is the compassion one to another that Jesus spoke about in the Bible?
It exists, although the news media does not like to report it.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Thanks for sharing this.
What a sad story and how ridiculous are the charges against her!

I found a petition for her, Betsey:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/669/545/347/
Thank you. I already signed and I'm praying miraculously that the judge have pity on her. God bless you guys. It ain't over yet huh? Please send this to all your contacts.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 AM

7,724 posts, read 12,617,686 times
Yes I agree Betsey. I saw this on the news and I was shocked. But wasn't surprised. That is our justice system today. Lindsay Lohan is still running around scott free when thousands of normal people who have done what she did would have been locked up and sentenced to jail for more than 20 years. So nothing really surprises me anymore. I'm waiting for the Lord to come back. That's all that matters to me. When he does come back, all these corrupt police officers and heathens in our government will be left behind and they will pay for the all the headaches and heartache they have caused families across the nation.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes I agree Betsey. I saw this on the news and I was shocked. But wasn't surprised. That is our justice system today. Lindsay Lohan is still running around scott free when thousands of normal people who have done what she did would have been locked up and sentenced to jail for more than 20 years. So nothing really surprises me anymore. I'm waiting for the Lord to come back. That's all that matters to me. When he does come back, all these corrupt police officers and heathens in our government will be left behind and they will pay for the all the headaches and heartache they have caused families across the nation.
Allen, do you ever think compassionate thoughts apart from having thoughts of repaying evil to others? Just wondering.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Allen, do you ever think compassionate thoughts apart from having thoughts of repaying evil to others? Just wondering.
So seeing the evil that these corrupt politicians in our government and abusive police officers do to innocent American citizens just flys right past you? It doesn't anger you and put a sense of conviction in your mind that one day they will get what they deserve for punishing and abusing innocent people and children? Because that's what it does to me. We will never get justice for these people unless there is another civil war against the government. And I don't know too many people that are trying to start one. So in my mind, I am at peace knowing that one day these same people will deal with God. Whether it be the day of the rapture or judgement day when they stand before God and tell him the crimes and atrocities they have committed against his children. You reap what you sow. And I am peace knowing this. I have seen what they do to people who have met no harm. They don't care. They don't have the love of Jesus Christ in their heart. It is power, viciousness, and malice they have in their hearts that would prompt you to purposely destroy people's lives and hurt them.

Telling you this reminded me of a dream the Lord gave me of me being in my glorified body. Or spirit. I don't know which. But he gave me this vivid dream of exactly that and I usually don't have vivid dreams. This was after the rapture most definitely. I was no longer bound to the laws of gravity. I was in some parking lot and I was flying. I could see, touch, and feel the wind blowing on my face and body as I flew from one place to the other. I had on the white robe and everything. It was the best feeling and experience I have ever had in the entire world. To not be bound to the Earth by gravity. The best part of it all was that no man on Earth could tell me anything or do anything to me to hurt me. I wasn't bound to follow the rules of man anymore. People could see me and hear me but they couldn't do anything to me. And it was absolutely perfect and great in every possible way.

The reason I bring this dream up is because that is one of the things I call divine justice. Those police officers and corrupt people in our government may have accomplished hurting some of our citizens but when God calls us home, that is our justice. And we will come back to Earth and see the exact people who did us wrong be able to not harm us anymore and they will be weeping and crying because they did not have the love of our Lord in their hearts.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
So seeing the evil that these corrupt politicians in our government and abusive police officers do to innocent American citizens just flys right past you? It doesn't anger you and put a sense of conviction in your mind that one day they will get what they deserve for punishing and abusing innocent people and children? Because that's what it does to me. We will never get justice for these people unless there is another civil war against the government. And I don't know too many people that are trying to start one. So in my mind, I am at peace knowing that one day these same people will deal with God. Whether it be the day of the rapture or judgement day when they stand before God and tell him the crimes and atrocities they have committed against his children. You reap what you sow. And I am peace knowing this. I have seen what they do to people who have met no harm. They don't care. They don't have the love of Jesus Christ in their heart. It is power, viciousness, and malice they have in their hearts that would prompt you to purposely destroy people's lives and hurt them.

Telling you this reminded me of a dream the Lord gave me of me being in my glorified body. Or spirit. I don't know which. But he gave me this vivid dream of exactly that and I usually don't have vivid dreams. This was after the rapture most definitely. I was no longer bound to the laws of gravity. I was in some parking lot and I was flying. I could see, touch, and feel the wind blowing on my face and body as I flew from one place to the other. I had on the white robe and everything. It was the best feeling and experience I have ever had in the entire world. To not be bound to the Earth by gravity. The best part of it all was that no man on Earth could tell me anything or do anything to me to hurt me. I wasn't bound to follow the rules of man anymore. People could see me and hear me but they couldn't do anything to me. And it was absolutely perfect and great in every possible way.

The reason I bring this dream up is because that is one of the things I call divine justice. Those police officers and corrupt people in our government may have accomplished hurting some of our citizens but when God calls us home, that is our justice. And we will come back to Earth and see the exact people who did us wrong be able to not harm us anymore and they will be weeping and crying because they did not have the love of our Lord in their hearts.
Allen,

Have you ever studied the scriptures on harboring unforgiveness in your heart? Just wondering.

Forgiveness - What Does the Bible Say About Forgiveness?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Allen,

Have you ever studied the scriptures on harboring unforgiveness in your heart? Just wondering.

Forgiveness - What Does the Bible Say About Forgiveness?
Wow. Really? After all the times I continually preach unforgiveness on this forum you really think I've not forgiven them? Of course I have! I'm just pointing out the fact that what you reap in this life, you will sow. You don't do that to people and think your going to get away with it simply because you have the power. Sooner or later, you will deal with God and find out who is really in charge and you will get what you had coming for hurting so many innocent people. Now, if they repent and turn to God before that time, then all will be forgiven to them by God That's great! However if they don't and keep up in evil, then it will come back to bite them.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-26-2011 at 05:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity