Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well, since God is Love, can you honestly say you know everything there is to know about love? Not the emotional kind of Love but Divine Love/Consciousness. Since we are all a part of God and we all came from God, Truth cannot be contained within the pages of the bible since Truth is never ending as God is never ending. What may have been true 2000 years ago, is not the same truth as we see it today because we have grown in consciousness. I believe there is more to God than what the bible contains. God cannot be contained in a book because He is Love/Consciousness. You cannot contain either one of those. If you think you can, then by all means, give it a go but you will fail. All you are doing is reiterating other peoples thoughts without doing your own research on God and how to find Him within.

When you meditate and go into the stillness of your mind, you will then meet God. The bible cannot give you God, only the perseptions of men and their own conscious thoughts of who God is. You must use your own consciousness to find God, not a book. And yes, there are a lot of people out there that have met this higher Consciousness and most don't read the bible nor do they adhere to it.
Can you give a single example of something that the spirit has told you which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness but CANNOT be found in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What I find telling is that the idea of simply trusting God is something you would find you need to argue against.
If I believed in a devil I'd say that'd be the most success ploy of all. Convince people that God's work in their life cannot be trusted or consulted. Yikes!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you give a single example of something that the spirit has told you which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness but CANNOT be found in the Bible.

Can YOU give a single example of something you learned is right and good that isn't in the bible?

What kind of question is that? I learned how to tie my shoes without the bible. The bible is useful for instruction... You'd think you could apply those things you learn from it on your own.

Bottom line is that you dont trust yourself to discern truth.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
Quote:
That was the Bad News. The Gospel is the Good News that Christ brought to us. Retaining the contradictory beliefs about God that are in the OT corrupts Christ's clear and unambiguous message. It requires herculean rationalizations, excuses and proclamations of "God's ways are not our ways" and similar dissembling to pretend that they are not contradictory. I realize that your entire faith is based on the belief that the Bible MUST be inerrant as you interpret it and those who taught you interpret it. IT is NOT, period. That in no way undermines or makes void what Christ accomplished for us all in His love. You revere ANYTHING other than God at your own peril.. Christ unambiguously commanded us to "love God and each other," period . . . not a Bible (which did not exist). All NT references to the Word of God are to Christ and His words . . . NOT the OT scriptures. They have a different role when properly divided. The use of Biblean is not derogatory . . . it is intended to differentiate Christianity and the message of Christ from Bibleanity and the Bible literalist's message of Jehovah. The messages are contradictory and I follow Christ's.
Now you know this is not true. Already in Genesis 3:15 God is effectively proclaiming the Gospel, declaring Christ's vicory over Satan.

There is such a considerable number of references in the New Testament to Scripture being fulfilled with regard to Christ.
Prophesies of the coming of Christ . . . How He is to be identified . . . How He is to be validated . . . What He would do . . . How He would be received, etc. etc. . . . ALL that is in the OT. There is no disagreement . . . but that is NOT the Gospel. The Gospel is . . . the Truth about God and what He wants from us that Christ brought to us in Love at the extraordinary expense of scourging and crucifixion because of our savage barbarity. The Gospel is . . . that His death and rebirth as Spirit connected ALL human consciousness to God . . . and made His human consciousness (Holy Spirit) available to us ALL within our consciousness . . . so we would have no need of a teacher to know what God has "written in our hearts." The Gospel is . . . that all God wants from us is contained in the two commands of Christ . . . "love God and each other." That is the Gospel a Christian and follower of Christ understands as the Good News.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
I have asked many writers here if they can give a single example of something that the spirit has told them which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness but CANNOT be found in the Bible.

Not surprisingly no one has given a single example.

It is sad to see people spend so much time and energy in trying to downplay the importance of the Bible. The truth is that the Bible simply contains too many things which are too inconvenient to their own belief systems, and therefore the Bible needs to brushed aside and downplayed as a book of "unreliable ramblings of ignorant and savage ancestors".

They have declared a war against the word of God, and IMO it is same as declaring war against God Himself.
Well, that isn't true. I've presented many things on this forum that aren't contained in the bible yet you have dismissed it at satanic. You are closed minded when it comes to the bible. The bible is the only book you will adhere to no matter what is brought to the tble. It really sad that your life revolves around a little man made idea.

Did you know that Jesus was a rebellious child? Did you know that He had to work hard at His divinity? Did you know that there is nothing about His childhood in the bible? How do you even know what kind of child He was if you haven't read nor heard of it? You don't. I can tell you a thing or two but would you listen? No. because then it would give you a picture of a man that wasn't always perfect and you cannot let go of the fact that you believe that Jesus was born perfect.

There is no use trying to tell you anything that isn't in the bible because you won't listen.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. I was told once by a male spirit (I am female) to continue to pray for Divine Love. As I heal myself, I will be able to heal others.

Your bible has Divine Love in it but it doesn't say to pray for it to uplift your soul to a higher consciousness.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I trust God. No one will reject God forever. Love never fails. It's that simple. I trust that God is not a liar when he says that ALL will be made alive in Christ, that ALL will worship, that God will be all in ALL.
"that ALL will be made alive in Christ" .... Context of where this was spoken would tell you that "ALL" is not the all inclusive you insist for it to be understood. Paul was speaking to Christians about that some worried that they would not be part of the resurrection on the last day.

An example of of all being "all inclusive" is when Jesus said:
"for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—"
and what .... ALL will worship, God will be all in ALL ?

That is not what Jesus said. For you to say that is to accuse Jesus of being a liar.
----> those who have done good will rise to live
----> those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

Can YOU give a single example of something you learned is right and good that isn't in the bible?

What kind of question is that? I learned how to tie my shoes without the bible. The bible is useful for instruction... You'd think you could apply those things you learn from it on your own. Bottom line is that you dont trust yourself to discern truth.
I am not asking about your shue laces. I specifically asked about something which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness but CANNOT be found in the Bible. I am asking about spiritual things.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Absolutely. I was told once by a male spirit (I am female) to continue to pray for Divine Love. As I heal myself, I will be able to heal others.

Your bible has Divine Love in it but it doesn't say to pray for it to uplift your soul to a higher consciousness.
The Bible instructs believers to pray about all things, and to pray without seizing. Anything else?

Old 09-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The Bible instructs believers to pray about all things, and to pray without seizing. Anything else?
Then you should know how awesome Divine Love is and how It changes your soul. If you pray without ceasing then your consciousness should know how absurd the bible is on a lot of things and you should know that it isn't all truth. But, if you aren't praying for Divine Love specifically, then your thoughts and actions won't change or sway from the bible as your only source of inspiration. Divine Love purifies your soul and gets rid of ALL false beliefs including those contained within the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity