Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Paul might have liked symbolic language but you are laying it on a little thick, aren't you? if he was actually talking about the Old Adam/carnal mind/flesh, he would have said that. (like he did in other epistles)
we can twist all the words and ideas and assign a spiritual , symbolic meaning to each verse, this will start debates of course, but regardless of whether you are a fundamentalist or not, in 2 Thess 2:1-12 Paul writes exclusively about the the end-times that precede the liteal second coming of Jesus Christ!
You are, of course, free to conjecture about these things having other than a spiritual meaning, but the "end-times" and the "second coming" (a misnomer) that I am concerned with has to do with coming to the end of myself ("man of lawlessness"/anti-Love) and having the Christ/Love rise within me. If that's laying it on thick, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just so we can be clear.

The truth is God IS Love.

So... what exactly are you saying??
The word "anti" does not limit itself to the understanding of "against", but it also has the meaning of "instead".

When the truth claims absolutes like Romans 6:23, John 3:36 ... the anti-christ cult mesage offers an "instead" message

The truth is:

the gift from God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
vvvv AND vvvvv
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” John 3:36

examples of "acm" acm "instead" message is:

" all paths go to heaven"

"belief in the Son and obedience to the law"

"the gift from God is eternal life whether or not Christ Jesus is OUR Lord"
  • how else do athesists to Zeus believers get to stand before God righteously and be allowed to have eternal life without confessing from their lips?
"God's wrath remains ?" John 3:36.... instead "God's love remains on whoever rejects"

Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, that man is the Old Adam, the carnal mind, the "flesh". There is not just one antichrist/man of lawlessness: we each have one, and it is destined for destruction, one way or another.
And it couldn't happen soon enough for me!!!! Awesome observation Pleroo!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
there are many antichrists and false prophets as you can read in the book of John... someone who does not believe Jesus ever existed or someone who believes he was just a preacher and not divinie clearly has the spirit of anti-christ... but the Antichrist (first beast of revelation) and the False prophet (second beast of revelation) represent two wordly powers headed up by two men

First beast of revelation - secular power/institution headed up by the Antichrist

Second beast of revelation - religious power/institution - headed up by the False prophet

these two (secular and religious power) work hand in hand in the end times forming the global false religious system... that's what the whole chapter 13 of revelation is about.

Paul might have liked symbolic language but you are laying it on a little thick, aren't you? if he was actually talking about the Old Adam/carnal mind/flesh, he would have said that. (like he did in other epistles)
we can twist all the words and ideas and assign a spiritual , symbolic meaning to each verse, this will start debates of course, but regardless of whether you are a fundamentalist or not, in 2 Thess 2:1-12 Paul writes exclusively about the the end-times that precede the liteal second coming of Jesus Christ!
Again...I would prefer to just say that there are antichrists which scripture speaks in general terms vs the Antichrist (notice the singular)

2 Thessalonians 2:4
"He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God."

The topic of the Anti-christ ... a different OP.........please

Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
You are, of course, free to conjecture about these things having other than a spiritual meaning, but the "end-times" and the "second coming" (a misnomer) that I am concerned with has to do with coming to the end of myself ("man of lawlessness"/anti-Love) and having the Christ/Love rise within me. If that's laying it on thick, so be it.
You can lay it on as thick as you want because you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECTAMUNDO!!!! It is awesome and verifies to me that I'm on the right track when I see others have been given the same spiritual messages that have been revealed to me.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Modernism\ relativism currently by far is the largest anti-christ cult message that dwells within Christianity.

It totally denies sound doctrine for the "feel good only" misapplication of scripture when the truth is contrary to "God is love.. and nothing else matters"

Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Modernism\ relativism currently by far is the largest anti-christ cult message that dwells within Christianity.

It totally denies sound doctrine for the "feel good only" misapplication of scripture when the truth is contrary to "God is love.. and nothing else matters"
Perhaps you would explain what you mean by "feel good"? Generally, people tend to mean "easy" when they say that. Personally, I find that having that old man (the one Luther reminded us is drowned and dead, but unfortunately floats really well) revealed and put down by Christ/love is not a comfortable or pain-free thing.

What about you, Christy? Have you found it to be a "feel-good", easy kind of thing?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Is there a chance of anti-Christ cult message being one that makes people feel good about themselves, being always right, while pointing fingers at others as being the evil "problematic" ones who deserve to be punished? It must, considering I never saw Jesus as a hateful, arrogant person who went chest thumping about shortcomings of others, instead taught to focus on self. Did I get that right?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You can lay it on as thick as you want because you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECTAMUNDO!!!! It is awesome and verifies to me that I'm on the right track when I see others have been given the same spiritual messages that have been revealed to me.
And God has says those who persist in believing the anti-christ cult messages are already experiencing his judgement against them.
  • "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie"
It's their fault:
  • "They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."

Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is there a chance of anti-Christ cult message being one that makes people feel good about themselves, being always right, while pointing fingers at others as being the evil "problematic" ones who deserve to be punished? It must, considering I never saw Jesus as a hateful, arrogant person who went chest thumping about shortcomings of others, instead taught to focus on self. Did I get that right?
Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them

John 3:20
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Do I take it you're getting too uncomfortable containing the hate for the light?

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: accidentally pushed "enter"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity