Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
No doubt these scriptures could rattle the faith of the "once saved always saved" crowd. My faith is not in the bible. My faith is in God. All men are evil doers. Christ died for the ungodly. You have to make all the scriptures work properly by RIGHTLY DIVIDING THEM. The fearful will be hurt in the LOF.
There is no reason why anything should rattle the faith of a saved person, so I do not agree with you there. As for rightly dividing the scriptures, I'd suggest that to everyone. Comparing scripture to scripture is one way to check your views of other verses. If you tried it, it would rattle the heck out of everyone who believes in automatic salvation, or salvation through works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
NOT ALL WILL BE SAVED.
... at the same time...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,649,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Luke 13
Thanks Matthew 7 and Luke 13 are parallel passages.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Thanks Matthew 7 and Luke 13 are parallel passages.
That's why I posted it as a reply to your Matt 7. Luke 13 actually spells it out:

Question: Lord, are only few people going to be saved?

Answer: Many will not be able to enter.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,547,193 times
Quote:
That's why I posted it as a reply to your Matt 7. Luke 13 actually spells it out:

Enter what?

Entering = saved?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,649,126 times
Quote:

Luke 13

"6He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

7Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

8And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:

9And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down."

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Matthew 21

33Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.

35And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.

37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

39And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

40When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

I think it's all about producing fruits as opposed to thorns/sin which symbolizes the curse.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Enter what? Entering = saved?
Read the verses.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:06 PM

11,909 posts, read 3,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Luke 13

"6He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

7Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

8And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:

9And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down."

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Matthew 21

33Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.

35And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.

37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

39And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

40When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

I think it's all about producing fruits as opposed to thorns/sin which symbolizes the curse.
70AD the kingdom was taken from the Jews

Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
... at the same time...

Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But try as I might for well over 8 years, your so-called God, and his friend Jesus, failed me, through their supposed official voices in the church.

LOL, yeah, official church voices will fail everytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity