Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 03:35 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,387,770 times

Advertisements

Why do you think we were subjected to vanity ?.

For the creature was subjected to vanity,not willingly,but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,062,038 times
Take the selfishness out of vanity and you will have dignity which is acceptable to the heart of the Lord ...... Vanity has a root of pride which is rejected by the Lord and vanity can compare it self to others by looking down or intimidated by others which is the offense in Heaven .... as believers of Jesus Christ are called to love all people or neighbors as them self ...... for if them self is in vanity to others then the commandment can get distorted as to be bias to others were the love of agape will be lost and the love of sentimentalism of Eros is put into the commandment were it will be off based.......

Old 09-16-2011, 05:13 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,128,158 times
Subjected to vanity and given over to it.

Without the stumbling block of vanity placed in our path, how would we ever learn humility and modesty?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,047,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

For the creature was subjected to vanity,not willingly,but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.
I think it says what we need to swallow. God is the one that created us subject to vanity.

When the sinner sins, guess what? - it is because he was created THAT WAY!!!! This shoudl OPEN the eyes of everyone, but apparently everyone can't taste this message.

WE are the DEVIL. We just can't admit it. At least until God reveals it to us.

Listen everyone - God sent His son for the very purpose to destroy YOUR works!!!!!! That by doing so He should save the NEW YOU.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

All are bound over to unbelief so that the Lord may have mercy upon all. Also that none may boast in God's presence. Salvation is of God, not of ourselves - which leaves absolutely no boasting other than that of praising Christ (or boasting/glory upon Christ, if you will). The book of Romans is the most amazing book of scripture in its depth of explaining the gospel of Christ.

And as another poster said in this thread - we had to be subjected in order to know/experience/have contrast. One of my very favorite scriptures is Romans 8:18 - it is so outrageous in its proclamation of grace!

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

"Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will give us later." Romans 8:18

Michelle Tumes - Outrageous Grace (with Susan Ashton and Christine Dente) - YouTube

Old 09-17-2011, 05:47 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,387,770 times
Thanks for your answers.Being in a position or circumstance that place one under the power or authority of another or others(dictionary def).

For in my inner being i delight in God's law but I see another law at work within me,waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work in me.Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death. Romans 7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity