Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,751 times

Advertisements

This is from another thread but I thought it deserved its own topic.

“WHO SHALL EVENTUALLY WORSHIP GOD?
Every creature Rev. 5:13
All flesh Isa. 66:23
All the ends of the world Psa. 22:27
All the kindreds of the nations Psa. 67:7
All the isles of the heathen Zep. 2:11
All the nations whom Thou hast made Psa. 86:9; Rev. 15:4
All the earth Psa. 66:4
The whole earth shall be filled with His glory Psa. 72:19; 97:7.”

In other places we read of every knee bowing, every tongue confessing, and even everyone swearing allegiance to God.

Do you believe it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

In other places we read of every knee bowing, every tongue confessing, and even everyone swearing allegiance to God.

Do you believe it?
Yes of course, but that doesn't mean that every person who ever existed will. I'm sure I don't have to post the scriptures from not only the entire Word of God but the Messiah himself.

In the New Heavens and the New Earth this is what's going to happen.

- every creature
- all flesh
- the whole world
- people from every nation
- all the isles of the heathen - same as above... every nation. Or you could say that we "were" the heathens / enemies of God.
- all the nations
- all the earth
- the whole earth

That's pretty repetive, but very easy to understand.

Are you implying that this is not true - many who profess to be a believer wont make it?

Matthew 7:21
[ True Disciples ] “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

ONLY THOSE TRUE DISCIPLES OF YAHUSHUA WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. That's what God said.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Yes of course, but that doesn't mean that every person who ever existed will. I'm sure I don't have to post the scriptures from not only the entire Word of God but the Messiah himself.

In the New Heavens and the New Earth this is what's going to happen.

- every creature
- all flesh
- the whole world
- people from every nation
- all the isles of the heathen - same as above... every nation. Or you could say that we "were" the heathens / enemies of God.
- all the nations
- all the earth
- the whole earth

That's pretty repetive, but very easy to understand.

Are you implying that this is not true - many who profess to be a believer wont make it?

Matthew 7:21
[ True Disciples ] “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

ONLY THOSE TRUE DISCIPLES OF YAHUSHUA WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. That's what God said.
Hi O-Ducky,

Yes I believe Matt 7:21 is quite true, but we most definitely have a different understanding of what it is talking about.

Regardless I don't see all those other verses as only speaking about a subset of people. Every creature, all flesh, all nations, etc... that is everybody.

How about when every knee bows, and every tongue confesses and swears allegiance to the Lord - do you believe is that only a subset of people too?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:27 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,543,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Do you believe it?

Question: Would acknowledge not be a better word than worship? Not all the verses you posted use the word "worship."

Moreover, in the verse just after Isa. 66:23, we see those who worship the Lord going out to view the carcases of those who had transgressed against Him.

I think you're mixing verses and contexts to arrive at a faulty conclusion.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,536,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Question: Would acknowledge not be a better word than worship? Not all the verses you posted use the word "worship."

Moreover, in the verse just after Isa. 66:23, we see those who worship the Lord going out to view the carcases of those who had transgressed against Him.

I think you're mixing verses and contexts to arrive at a faulty conclusion.
"all have sinned"

Those former transgressors are the current worshipers. The dross is removed and they view their "old selves" as carcasses. The conclusion is solid and true. All have sinned, all sinners are refined, all will worship.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:09 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,989 times
Post Half of them use the word worship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Half of them use the word worship.
I see nothing in the context of any of these four verses to indicate that they don't mean what they say.

"All the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee." Psalm 22:27

"All the earth shall worship Thee and shall sing unto Thee. They shall sing to Thy Name. Selah" Psalm 66:4

"All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee." Psalm 86:9

"All nations shall come and worship before Thee." Revelation 15:4

Old 09-02-2011, 05:52 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,122,962 times
Quote:
Who Shall Eventually Worship God?
All who choose to worship Him. No one ever came to the Lord against his will. You can torture a man and make him fear for his life, but you can't bring him to God by so doing. Not by terror. Not by violence. Not by death.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,989 times
Post Sooner or later all will choose to worship God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
All who choose to worship Him. No one ever came to the Lord against his will. You can torture a man and make him fear for his life, but you can't bring him to God by so doing. Not by terror. Not by violence. Not by death.
Sooner or later all will choose to worship God.
That is what these verses say.

"All the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee." Psalm 22:27

"All the earth shall worship Thee and shall sing unto Thee. They shall sing to Thy Name. Selah" Psalm 66:4

"All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee." Psalm 86:9

"All nations shall come and worship before Thee." Revelation 15:4

Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,122,962 times
I don't expect that to happen-- ever. I've just taken it for granted that some people will always resist God, hate His name, etc. But if at some point I am proven wrong, more's the better.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:19 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,972 times

Awesome in this Place (worship video w/ lyrics) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity