Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times

Advertisements

Of course we see people abuse the bible around here all the time. But that can and does turn deadly sometimes. Ignorance is not always bliss. It certainly was not in this case:
Ria Ramkissoon, Slain Boy's Mom, Discusses Cult Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 PM

23 posts, read 39,868 times
I am not sure what the point of the thread is. Who would ever deny that the bible can be misused? I am not sure what that proves tho.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,918 times
Heartsong you can be sure that Elohim is going to take the masks off of the ones who do misuse His Word around here. There's no getting around that one. If I were them I would be repenting right now and staying as far away as possible from those tricksters.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 AM

To ChristopherN79 - I didn't choose the thread title as wisely as I could have. I posted this article as a warning to others to show that those who use the bible to destroy people's lives are clearly not doing it by the Spirit of God. Those whose intent is to destroy people are not doing so by the Spirit of Christ. Their are hoards of folks who come to this forum for the purpose of trying to convince people that God sent his Son to kill and destroy. It gets old reading their pathetic threatenings day after day. They prey on those who are weak in faith. My purpose is simply to illustrate that if someone is not telling them good news about God out of a loving heart - don't waste your time listening to such people. Even they themselves do not know what manner of spirit they are of because they are deceived - the blind leading the blind.

Luke Chapter 9
52and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. 53But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” 55But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”

John Chapter 10...
“Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
To ChristopherN79 - I didn't choose the thread title as wisely as I could have. I posted this article as a warning to others to show that those who use the bible to destroy people's lives are clearly not doing it by the Spirit of God. Those whose intent is to destroy people are not doing so by the Spirit of Christ. Their are hoards of folks who come to this forum for the purpose of trying to convince people that God sent his Son to kill and destroy. It gets old reading their pathetic threatenings day after day. They prey on those who are weak in faith. My purpose is simply to illustrate that if someone is not telling them good news about God out of a loving heart - don't waste your time listening to such people. Even they themselves do not know what manner of spirit they are of because they are deceived - the blind leading the blind.

Luke Chapter 9
52and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. 53But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” 55But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”

John Chapter 10...
“Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”
A beautiful reminder...thanks for sharing Heartsong.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
A beautiful reminder...thanks for sharing Heartsong.
You're welcome, ans57. I was just posting a song on my Facebook to honor the people hurt by 9/11/01. I wanted to dedicate something with a healing theme. I chose a Coldplay song, "Fix You". Just thought I'd share it with you here since I don't know you on Facebook:

Coldplay - Fix You (Live Tokyo 2009) (High Quality video) (HQ) - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM

35 posts, read 33,544 times
Video: UnGodly discipline investigation – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

more proof

Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforhome22 View Post

So very despicable. This kind of crap so maligns the name/nature and truth of God. I posted it to my Facebook because I am totally outraged by it. Thanks for sharing it here.

Heartsong

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You're welcome, ans57. I was just posting a song on my Facebook to honor the people hurt by 9/11/01. I wanted to dedicate something with a healing theme. I chose a Coldplay song, "Fix You". Just thought I'd share it with you here since I don't know you on Facebook:

Coldplay - Fix You (Live Tokyo 2009) (High Quality video) (HQ) - YouTube
Love the lyrics Heartsong...and your tenacity is admirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforhome22 View Post
This is horrific! Thank you for sharing, this is truly enlightening to people who has the capacity to rightly divide lip service versus good "deeds."

Matthew 10:16-17 ~Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues...

Last edited by ans57; 09-08-2011 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: after thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity