Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 04:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,587,783 times

Advertisements

This video shows the self-destruction caused by humanity's indifference to this "grave" command: LOVE GOD!!! and to love HIM is to do his will.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Matthew 22:29-40 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love your neighbor as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These two commandments are akin to a pair of pants rendered useless with only one leg...so gird up your loins and stand like a man.

We have already been given a warning as to what will become of our earth if we don't take heed.

THIS IS OUR OWN DOING not God's punishment!!!

2011 Signs: End of the World

2011 Signs: End of the World - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 07:59 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,136,964 times
Intense clip.
Makes me consider the worst possibilities & how I'd respond... & how important it is to be physically & mentally healthy.

I'm not sure what I think about predictions in the bible... since many are symbolic parables & biblical canon has been through corrupt hands. Also, natural disasters, pestilences, wars & rumours of wars etc... have been happening since we've known about history. We know more about them today because of instant world-wide media coverage.

Still, I think governments can & should do better at regulating environmental problems, national deficit & budgets.
There are those who are focused on killing... who knows who the source is (even of 911).
I've heard that one concern that could be worse than 911 would be an Electromagnetic Pulse Attack.
EMP Attack: Worse than 9/11n

Maybe we should learn to live like the Omish... though how practical is that?
More important is to use all of our intellect, intuition & might to learn from the past, be aware of the present & hope for the best but plan for future possibilities.
I don't think God punishes us... I think God started the ball rolling & let us enjoy or suffer from the consequences of our own actions as a human family.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

I don't think God punishes us... I think God started the ball rolling & let us enjoy or suffer from the consequences of our own actions as a human family.
This is what I believe as well SuperSoul...thank you for responding!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,572,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Intense clip.
Yes it is, it is extreme ignorance at its worst. The intensity of the ignorance about the natural world and forces is stunning.

The greatest danger that humanity faces is the willful ignorance exhibited by such irrational paranoia.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes it is, it is extreme ignorance at its worst. The intensity of the ignorance about the natural world and forces is stunning.

The greatest danger that humanity faces is the willful ignorance exhibited by such irrational paranoia.
Though we don't see eye to eye on some things we believe, I understand where you're coming from...and have learned a lot from this view as well, it provided me with the much needed spiritual balance against the onslaught of religion.

I believe on a Creator who is the architect of all life, out of his unconditional love, not a capricious and vengeful god created in human image...who would eternally burn the majority of his creation for their finite sins out of whim.

The video clip I've posted is the result of human folly...of wanton disregard for cause and effect in the laws of nature, not a whimsical act of God.

Last edited by ans57; 10-02-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,547,086 times
I don't believe God tests, harms, or punishes us by natural events..I don't believe He is warning us about anything. A lot of precious quality time with Him is wasted on trying figure out what He may or may not be doing to mankind..

I believe that mankind in his greed and hunger for power is or may be later on capable of destroying us.

jmho

Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,146,229 times
Natural disasters don't care about man's religious convictions. Natural disasters would still happen if every man, woman and child believed in the same god and worshiped that god in the same exact way. Natural disasters happened before man and will happen once he's gone. Could mankind be anymore self absorbed? Religion makes us that way!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,572,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Natural disasters don't care about man's religious convictions. Natural disasters would still happen if every man, woman and child believed in the same god and worshiped that god in the same exact way. Natural disasters happened before man and will happen once he's gone. Could mankind be anymore self absorbed? Religion makes us that way!
Natural disasters don't care about man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity